Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on November 8, 2013
It worked for a month, then the trackpad and half the keyboard stopped working. From reading the other reviews, this seems to be a common problem. It was still under warranty, so I returned it for repair, and had no computer for a week. A few months after that, it would start up with a message that said "Preparing for Automatic Repair" and then go to a permanent blank blue screen. I called their tech support line, was disconnected twice, and spent another 12 minutes on hold. Then Toshiba claimed that the warranty is expired even though I have only had it for three months, and their own site says the warranty is good for a year. I will never buy another Toshiba product.
on November 9, 2013
This laptop seems great. It has great specs, great looks, and is sleek. The product I received, however, was defective. I was so excited to unbox the new laptop and get it started, but was only disappointed when the keyboard didn't work. I didn't get past the first step of setting it up when I noticed the N key didn't work. I investigated and found that around 15 of the keys just didn't work. Very disappointed
on December 5, 2013
THE TOUCHPAD DOES NOT WORK!!! NOW I HAVE THE INCONVENIENCE OF HAVING TO RETURN THIS PRODUCT. I AM SORELY DISAPPOINTED. I TRIED ALL OF THE SUGGESTED FIXES ON TOSHIBA'S SUPPORT PAGE AND NONE OF THEM WORK!
on April 22, 2014
I am returning this laptop back, it has a default in the mouse pad, suddenly it stopped working and when I searched it online I found it so common problem in Toshiba, I tried everything you can imagine online and with Toshiba support, nothing worked.
The mouse pad also is rough in touching and it is not the best material made of, when you feel it with your fingers it is annoying.
on April 17, 2015
I have spoken with two Toshiba representatives today in regards to my new lap top I purchased in November 2014. Satellite L55-A5284. The device started to have horizontal gray lines appearing across the screen. It started with 2, now there are 3. When I called the first customer support number 1-800-513-9578 FREE I spoke with a male representative who was very rude on the phone. He said I quote " I am not asking you, I am telling you there is a physical damage to the device" and proceeded to insinuate that the device was dropped or that something heavy was placed on the top of it, going as far as telling me that there is a crack in the screen.
1. The screen is not cracked !
2. The device was not dropped !
3. There was never put anything heavy on the top of the device !
4. The lap top remains inside the house on the desk for 98% of the time and few times that it was taken out, it securely traveled inside a bag.
5. This problem started about 2 days ago and it seems to be getting worse.

When I called the second customer service number 1-800-457-7777 FREE, I spoke with a female representative who tried to be very helpful but really could not do anything but give me a case number and tell me that some one will be getting in touch with me. I still have to receive a phone call or an e-mail.
I am very disappointed with the product and even more with Toshiba's customer service. I own HP lap top that I had for 3 + years. My old HP computer didn't have any of the issues my new Toshiba device currently struggles with. Judging by my recent experiences with that brand I should have never considered switching to Toshiba!
on April 12, 2014
I got this laptop after seeing it at Staples for $75 more and they didn't even have it in stock. Amazon shipped it in 2 days, perfectly as usual. Out of the box, I set it up following the quick start guide and signed in only to see a blank gray screen. I called Toshiba and could tell by their attitude they could care less and wanted me to pay for support. Finally, after several on/off and reboots, it worked. Oh, and you cannot take the battery out of this computer, its locked inside. When the screen came up I saw that Windows 8 is bizarre. Microsoft is trying to be like Apple but it is not working for them. Read about it before you get a laptop with it. I have a MAC and I was used to Windows Vista. Windows 8 is nothing like either of them. I felt lost and although I am not an IT person, I can usually find my way around a computer. So, after this first night I thought more about it and called Amazon the next day for a return. It was no problem to send it back. I ended up getting a laptop with Windows 7. Much better!
on September 5, 2014
I've had this laptop for a little over a year. So far, this laptop has been going strong. I just started college and have already used the laptop quite a bit. It has a great battery life and is fairly lightweight. The things that I like the most about the laptop are: it has an Intel i5 processor, it has two USB 3.0 ports and a USB 2.0 port, it includes an HDMI out connection, and it has a disc drive. If you're looking for a quality yet less expensive laptop, then this is a fantastic choice.
on August 17, 2014
Regarding the touchpad non-functioning issue:

This is due to extremely poor assembly and quality control in the manufacturing process. The problem is that the ribbon cable inside the case for the touchpad connection is not properly connected! There is no software or driver fix, despite what is being told. The case needs to be opened and the connection properly made. This is really not a fun situation and Toshiba needs to step up to take care of this - now. But for this, this is an excellent machine.
on April 14, 2014
The laptop works well. Using VMware Player I created a Fedora VM with 2 GB of RAM. The VM response time is good. SQL Server installed and is running good too. Nothing flaky so far with the processor, motherboard or memory. It has been running without any problems. No replaceable battery but the laptop is half the width of a laptop with a removable battery. My only objection so far is that the touchpad right click button is a barely visible continuation of the bottom of the touchpad. And its difficult to click. Toshiba obviously went back and tried to reduce the manufacturing costs and I dont mind most of the cuts except the touchpad buttons. Engineering made that part too cheap and the buttons just dont work well.
This comes with Windows 8 not Windows 8 Pro. The difference is that you cannot join it to a domain nor does it have the option to install Microsoft Hyper-v. Although that is a easy $100 upgrade to Pro. Office is not installed either so that is another $100.
on March 13, 2014
Keyboard is slowing becoming irresponsive.
Screen gained condensation somehow, so now I see this weird stain on the inside of the LCD.
Touchpad is poor and sometimes will not work.
Overall this laptop was a poor purchase.