Our affordable, super-compact 10.1-inch diagonal Toshiba mini NB205 is a stylish companion PC that raises the bar when it comes to portability. It’s also the first mini notebook that lets you enjoy all the benefits of today’s fast-moving digital world, putting you in touch with your favorite people, sites, networks and digital media in ways and places you never imagined. Though small enough to throw in a purse or bag, it’s designed with smart features like a full-sized keyboard and touchpad, long battery life, USB Sleep-and-Charge ports and a hard drive impact sensor that protects your data. So it picks up where smart phones leave off and makes many of today’s netbooks seem like a waste of time. What’s more, to take the worry out of taking it along, the Toshiba mini NB205 also comes with international limited warranty coverage, plus our award-winning service and support. NOTE: All Toshiba Netbooks (no matter the model) are packaged with the "NB200" series model# on the outside of box.
Small enough to throw in a purse or bag, the affordable, super-compact 10.1-inch Toshiba mini NB205 netbook--which weighs just under 3 pounds--is designed with smart features like a full-sized keyboard and touchpad, long battery life, 3 USB ports (including one Sleep and Charge port) and a hard drive impact sensor that protects your data. You'll also get excellent battery life with the included six-cell battery that provides up to 9 hours of battery power--enabling you to go through an entire day of school, work or errands without worrying about a recharge.
With up to nine hours of battery life the Toshiba mini NB205 lets you go through an entire day of school, work or errands without worrying about a recharge (see larger image).
The distinctively styled Toshiba mini NB205-N325BN features a textured finish with a Matrix pattern in Sable Brown that's sure to capture attention.
It comes pre-installed with the Microsoft Windows 7 Starter operating system, which combines the latest in reliability and responsiveness with the familiarity and compatibility of Windows. It includes new Windows 7 features like Jump Lists to help you to better find and manage files, and connecting to printers and peripherals is easier than ever. (Learn more
about Windows 7 Starter below.)
Created especially for mobile devices, Intel's 1.6 GHz Atom N280 processor uses an innovative design structure and hafnium-infused circuitry that helps reduce electrical current leakage in transistors--which means longer battery life when you're on the go. It also includes the Intel 945GSE graphics chipset, which provides browsing the internet, emailing, running basic PC applications and enjoying online digital media. This model of the Toshiba mini NB205 (NB205-N325BN) has a distinctively styled cover in Sable Brown, which is accented by a textured finish with a Matrix pattern. It features a 160 GB hard disk drive, 1 GB of RAM (upgradeable to 2 GB), 54g Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g), Fast Ethernet, and a Secure Digital memory card slot.
- 10.1-inch LED backlit widescreen display (1024 x 600-pixel resolution) provides richer colors and clearer definition--perfect for browsing the internet
- Windows 7 Starter makes small notebook PCs easier to use because it puts less between you and what you want to do--less waiting, less clicking, less hassle connecting to networks. And Starter combines the latest in reliability and responsiveness with the familiarity and compatibility of Windows. (Learn more)
- Get more features with Windows Anytime Upgrade. A small notebook PC running Windows 7 Home Premium is even easier to use. The new taskbar and advanced navigation features make launching programs, opening files, managing windows, and getting around your PC faster and easier. Personalize your PC to be just the way you want it with helpful gadgets and desktop themes--even turn your desktop into a slideshow of your favorite photos. And you get the best entertainment experience on a PC. With Windows Media Center, you can watch shows for free when and where you want with Internet TV.
- 1.66 GHz Intel Atom N280 processor combines performance and efficiency to explore the Internet and stay connected while mobile (Learn more)
- 160 GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 RPM) with an impact sensor that helps safeguard your data by "parking" the hard drive heads in the event of a drop or sudden movement. (Learn more)
- 1 GB of RAM (800 MHz; 1 memory slot; upgradeable to 2 GB)
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator GMA950 with up to 251 MB of dynamically allocated shared graphics memory
- Webcam (0.3 megapixels) integrated into the bezel for easy video chats and teleconferencing
- Three USB ports with one Sleep and Charge port on the left side, allowing you to charge your mobile phone and other devices even when the notebook is asleep or off.
- Full-sized keyboard (85 keys)
- Integrated Wi-Fi networking (802.11b.g) so you can communicate, browse and share while on the move
- Fast Ethernet wired networking (10/100)
- Built-in mono speaker
- Up to 9 hours of battery life from included 6-cell battery
- Dimensions: 10.4 x 7.6 x 1.27 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 2.93 pounds
- Environmentally focused with RoHS compatibility (reducing its environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances), Energy Star 5.0 compliant, and EPEAT Gold compliant
- Warranty: 1 year warranty with international limited warranty coverage
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
This Toshiba mini NB205 notebook has an integrated 54g wireless LAN that's compatible with 802.11b and 802.11g networks. It offers the following ports:
- 3 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players
- Analog video output: 1 VGA
- Memory card reader compatible with Secure Digital (SD), Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC), and MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- 1 headphone jack, 1 microphone jack
- 10/100 Fast Ethernet
The right side of the NB205.
The left side of the NB205.
The front of the NB205.
What's in the box
This package contains the Toshiba mini NB205-N325BN netbook, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, and operating instructions.
It also comes with the following software: Norton Internet Security 2009, Microsoft Works 9, Windows Media Player, Google Toolbar, Toshiba PC Health Monitor
Windows 7 Starter makes small notebook PCs easier to use because it puts less between you and what you want to do--less waiting, less clicking, less hassle connecting to networks. Windows 7 Starter combines the latest in reliability and responsiveness with the familiarity and compatibility of Windows.
| Simpler and easier to use || Built with the latest technology || Makes home networking easy |
- Features like Jump Lists, Pin, Snap, and Windows Search all make using a small notebook PC simple and easy.
- Connecting to printers and devices is easier than ever.
- Windows 7 Starter supports the latest hardware and software.
- Joining home networks with other PCs running Windows 7 is easy and simple.
- Connecting to wireless networks is easy and fast.
- Internet Explorer 8 improves the safety of web browsing.
Take the Internet to more places with the long battery life and flexibility of a compact, lightweight netbook powered by the incredibly small, amazingly smart Intel Atom processor
. It features a design structure that packs in 47 million transistors into a single chip sized at just 22mm (0.87 inches), and it uses just 2.5 watts of power--less than 1/10 of the 35 watts used by an Intel Core 2 Duo processor--for excellent battery management. This 1.66 GHz Atom N280 processor also includes a power-optimized front side bus of 533 MHz for faster data transfer on demanding mobile applications and a 512 KB L2 cache (which temporarily stores data).
While the highly portable nature of mini-notebooks exposes them to the knocks and bumps that are an inevitable feature of life on the move, the Toshiba mini NB205 features a 3D-accelerometer monitoring system that detects freefalls, shocks and vibrations and protects the integrated HDD to secure against the loss of any personal data.