Toshiba Mini NB255: Stylish, Highly Portable Netbook
Enjoy the lighter, brighter side of mobility with the affordable, super-compact Toshiba Mini NB255-N245, which weighs less than 3 pounds, is small enough to throw in a purse or bag, and offers a brightly colorful 10.1-inch LED-backlit screen. It features a full-size keyboard for comfortable typing and a larger touchpad with Multi-Touch Control, which enables you to navigate documents, web pages and images more easily.
With up to 8.3 hours of battery life, the Toshiba Mini NB255 offers a full day of computing without a recharge (see larger image).
Brilliantly styled in Celestial Black (see larger image).
The NB255 features a comfortable full-size keyboard, plus a full-size touchpad with multi-touch capabilities (see larger image).
Combining the power of the latest Intel Atom N455 processor and NM10 Express chipset with a six-cell battery for up to 8.3 hours of battery power, you'll be able to go through an entire day of school, work or errands without worrying about a recharge. The battery pack is neatly hidden under the casing of the netbook to preserve its sleek, ergonomic design.
The Toshiba Mini also features a USB Sleep-and-Charge port, which allows external USB devices such as mobile phones and personal media players to charge from the netbook even when it is turned off. Other features include an integrated webcam and a mono speaker.
This Toshiba Mini comes pre-installed with the Microsoft Windows 7 Starter operating system (32-bit version).
- 10.1-inch LED backlit widescreen display (1024 x 600-pixel resolution) provides richer colors and clearer definition--perfect for browsing the Internet.
- 1.66 GHz Intel Atom N455 processor (512 KB L2 cache, 667 MHz FSB) combines performance and energy efficiency to explore the Internet and stay connected while mobile.
- 160 GB SATA hard drive (5400 RPM)
- 1 GB of installed DDR2 RAM (667 MHz; expandable to 2 GB)
- Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 video processor with up to 250 MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory.
- Wireless Connectivity
- With its integrated Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking capabilities, this laptop provides up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range using 802.11n-compatible routers as you would with 802.11g networks. It's also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks (commonly found at Wi-Fi hotspots and in older home routers.
- Included Toshiba Software:
- Toshiba Media Controller offers simplified media sharing. Using an intuitive drag-and-drop interface, it lets you share videos, music and pictures from the media library on your laptop with compatible devices in your home entertainment network, or with other compatible laptops and devices, like an Xbox 360 game console. And you can do it all without moving equipment, burning discs or fumbling with cables.
- Toshiba Bulletin Board is an easy-to-use organizational and productivity app that lets you build your own personalized space on your desktop. With Toshiba Bulletin Board, you can quickly and easily manage your to-do lists and calendars, plus create your own custom work area by pinning your favorite photos, documents, links and more.
- Toshiba ReelTime helps you cut down the time it takes to search for files. The easy-to-use app takes traditional text-based file structures one step further to help you find what you're looking for more quickly. Accessible from your taskbar, it shows you a visual timeline of your recently accessed files--using graphical thumbnails--so you can easily identify and get to your files faster.
- Included Toshiba Utilities:
- USB Sleep and Charge offers a great way to keep your portable electronics powered up without requiring your laptop to be on. With this laptop's Sleep and Charge USB port, you'll be able to charge your smart phone, MP3 player, and other portable electronics--all without having to keep your laptop awake.
- Up to 8.3 hours of battery life (6-cell battery; 48 Wh)
- Dimensions & Weight: 10.4 x 8.3 x 1.27 inches (WxDxH); 2.8 pounds
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
- 3 total USB ports with left-side port offering Sleep and Charge capabilities.
- VGA video output (analog, RGB)
- Microphone and headphone jacks
- Secure Digital (SD) memory card reader compatible with Secure Digital High Capacity, Multi Media Card media
- Fast Ethernet (10/100)
What's in the box
This package contains the Toshiba Mini NB255-N245 notebook PC, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, and operating instructions.
It also comes with the following software:
Norton Internet Security 2010 (30-day trial); Microsoft Works 9; Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 Edition (60-day trial); Google Toolbar; Toshiba PC Health Monitor; Toshiba Online Backup (30-day trial)
This laptop is backed by a 1-year limited hardware warranty.
Microsoft Windows 7 Starter
Microsoft Windows 7 Starter makes small notebook PCs easier to use because it puts less between you and what you want to do--less waiting, less clicking, less hassle connecting to networks. Windows 7 Starter combines the latest in reliability and responsiveness with the familiarity and compatibility of Windows. Some features include:
- Features like Jump Lists, Pin, Snap, and Windows Search all make using a small notebook PC simple and easy
- Joining home networks with other PCs running Windows 7 is easy and simple
- Connecting to printers and devices is easier than ever
- Supports the latest hardware and software
- Internet Explorer 8 improves the safety of web browsing
- Energy Star 5.0 certified
- Gold EPEAT designation for meeting standards to help reduce its environmental impact.
- RoHS compliant effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances
Learn more about Toshiba's environmental commitment.
This year, Toshiba celebrates its 25th anniversary of innovations and quality in the notebook PC business. Beginning with the launch of the Toshiba T1100, the world's first clamshell-type, fully functional laptop PC, Toshiba has led the with such innovations as the first laptop with a color monitor in 1991 and a laptop with integrated CD-ROM drive in 1995 (followed by the addition of a DVD drive in 1998). And in 2009, Toshiba unveiled the world's first ultraportable laptop with 512GB solid state drive.
Today, Toshiba continues to be a leader in @ manufacturing, with virtually all of its consumer laptops earning EPEAT Gold status for meeting standards that help reduce overall environmental impact.
Operating System Windows 7 Starter Edition 32 bit Processor and Chipset Intel Atom processor N455 1.66GHz, 512KB L2 Cache, Intel NM10 Express Chipset Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 with 0MB-250MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory. Memory Configured with 1GB DDR2 667MHz (max 2GB) 1 main memory slot. Slot is occupied. Storage Drive 160GB (5400 RPM) Serial ATA hard disk drive Display 10.1" diagonal widescreen display at 1024 x 600 native resolution (WSVGA) LED backlight. Sound Built-in speaker (mono). Input Devices - US keyboard TouchPad pointing device. Communications - Webcam and microphone, 10/100 Ethernet , Wi-Fi Wireless networking (802.11b/g/n). Expandability - Memory Card Reader - Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity, Multi Media Card [shared slot]. Ports - Video RGB (monitor) output port. Audio - Microphone input port Headphone output port Da