|Screen Size||10.1 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1024 x 600 pixels|
|Max Screen Resolution||1024 x 600 pixels|
|Processor||1.66 GHz Intel Atom N455|
|RAM||1 GB DDR2|
|Memory Speed||667 MHz|
|Hard Drive||160 GB Serial ATA hard disk drive|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel GMA 3150|
|Card Description||Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||250 MB|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||3|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||8.35 hours|
Toshiba Mini NB255-N245 10.1-Inch Netbook (Black Oynx)
- Intel Atom Processor 1.66GHz
- 1GB DDR2 RAM
- 160GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
- 10.1-Inch Screen, Intel GMA 3150
- Windows 7 Starter 32-bit, 11 hours Battery Life
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
in order to get my companies MS office 2007 on the machine and supported I had to upgrade from the windows 7 starter to Windows 7 professional. If I hadnt needed to do that, I probably would have stuck to windows starter, which does most other things OK. The upgrading which cost an extra 100 dollars and a bit, was extremely difficult to do, but I got MS assistance with no extra charge (surprise surprise) from their customer service and it was of a very high quality indeed.
This little computer is really fast, faster than my office computer, faster than any other laptop todate....the pine processor is really satisfactory, There are more than enough USB ports and most of the time at home I hook it up to a widescreen monitor which looks good.
I have an Ipad as well as well as this Toshiba and find my usage split 50/50, the Ipad for sheer reckless indulgent consumption of media and reference material, but I have to resort to the Toshiba for actually doing anything creative or office work.Read more ›
Well, I've only had this thing for 3 days and it didn't take long to get used to. Some helpful people online told me which freeware to get to remove the extraneous crap Best Buy had installed on the machine and apparently I'm good to go with a couple free Antivirus programs. I probably won't be downloading any .exe or .zip files from warez, porn or music stealing sites on this thing just because I wouldn't really want to risk it; I'll do that on my mac. Not that I do that sort of thing.
I'm not sure what this is really good for. I have a text editor now so I can do some HTML/CSS/PHP in a pinch, but I'm not sure I'll ever really need to. Believe it or not, I pretty much got it just to test websites on the fly with IE8... since I do web design for a living, it just becomes inconvenient to always rely on browsershots, when I can check back and forth with my little buddy and see what's fugged up in Intercrap Exploder. It works for that just fine. The portability is an added bonus! And the price is right!
For people who want to write their novel in Starbucks or people who waste money on this sort of crap purely to surf the net, this would be a great choice! I'll be taking this on long trips for instant access to Google maps if I need it.Read more ›
Ordered this for school to do homework on the go and also be able to use the internet and everything else a windows computer can do. So far so good!
- Sturdy build to it does not feel cheap when carrying it around and using it
- Keyboard is surprisingly big. The keys you use to type are just as big as a laptops keys meaning I can type just as fast as I can on my laptop and even my desktop.
- The screen is really bright and crisp. Beats out my laptops 15.4" screen for clarity!
- Windows 7 Starter runs much better than previous netbooks which had Windows XP. This thing boots fast and launches everything in no time!
- Battery life is amazing! Even with the screen on full brightness I have been watching flash videos and using mozilla firefox for hours.
- Like ALL big name computers it comes loaded with a bunch of crap you don't need. I quickly deleted norton antivirus and installed the free and powerful microsoft security essentials. Which I might add runs nicely on this netbook completed a virus scan in under 20 minutes.
- The only con is the sound. Although I will be ordering a usb powered logitech z205 speaker which clips to the top of the netbook and provides very good sound as compared to any laptops/netbooks onboard speakers.
Logitech Laptop Speaker Z205
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is not a serious computer. You should buy it if you're broke like me, and you need something to let you surf the internet and watch Netflix with out tying up your phone. Read morePublished 18 hours ago by Maxwell Gonyea-Alexander
The computer was in excellent condition and all parts provided. It's a wonderful asset to my work. Love it!!Published 2 months ago by Elizabeth Burgess
This items was exactly as described by the seller, I highly recommed this seller.
I love my new laptop.
This netbook was a Christmas gift to my daughter in 2011 (I think). As many reviewers said, it comes loaded with a lot of unnecessary programs which will need to be removed. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Jonathan Hopkins
Love it. This netbook is surprisingly powerful for its size. Still use it to this day (though sparingly since tablets have gotten more affordable). Read morePublished 13 months ago by Monique P
It came in great looking shape - but you would have to be a smoker to keep this - I had to return it because of the smoking odor as I have asthma.Published 15 months ago by Rhonda
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.