Toshiba Mini NB305: Stylish, Highly Portable Netbook
Enjoy the lighter, brighter side of mobility with the affordable, super-compact Toshiba Mini NB305-N440BL, which weighs less than 3 pounds, is small enough to throw in a purse or bag, and has a brightly colorful 10.1-inch LED-backlit screen. Offering a durable textured finish and cover in Royal Blue, it features a full-size keyboard for comfortable typing and a larger touchpad with Multi-Touch Control, which enables you to navigate documents, web pages and images more easily.
With up to 8.75 hours of battery life, the Toshiba Mini NB305 offers a full day of computing without a recharge (see larger image).
Brilliantly styled in Royal Blue (see larger image).
The NB305 features a comfortable full-size keyboard, plus a full-size touchpad with multi-touch capabilities (see larger image).
Combining the power of the latest Intel Atom N455 processor and NM10 Express chipset with a six-cell battery for up to 8.75 hours of battery power, you'll be able to go through an entire day of school, work or errands without worrying about a recharge. The battery pack is neatly hidden under the casing of the netbook to preserve its sleek, ergonomic design.
The 250 GB hard disk drive is protected using an integrated 3D impact sensor which detects freefalls, shocks and vibrations. The Toshiba Mini also features a USB Sleep-and-Charge port, which allows external USB devices such as mobile phones and personal media players to charge from the netbook even when it is turned off. Other features include fast DDR3 RAM, an integrated webcam, and a mono speaker.
This Toshiba Mini comes pre-installed with the Microsoft Windows 7 Starter operating system (32-bit version).
- 10.1-inch LED backlit widescreen display (1024 x 600-pixel resolution) provides richer colors and clearer definition--perfect for browsing the Internet.
- 1.66 GHz Intel Atom N455 processor (512 KB L2 cache, 667 MHz FSB) combines performance and energy efficiency to explore the Internet and stay connected while mobile.
- 250 GB SATA hard drive (5400 RPM)
- 1 GB of installed DDR3 RAM (667 MHz; expandable to 2 GB)
- Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 video processor with up to 250 MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory.
- Wireless Connectivity
- With its integrated Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking capabilities, this laptop provides up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range using 802.11n-compatible routers as you would with 802.11g networks. It's also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks (commonly found at Wi-Fi hotspots and in older home routers.
- Included Toshiba Software:
- Toshiba Media Controller offers simplified media sharing. Using an intuitive drag-and-drop interface, it lets you share videos, music and pictures from the media library on your laptop with compatible devices in your home entertainment network, or with other compatible laptops and devices, like an Xbox 360 game console. And you can do it all without moving equipment, burning discs or fumbling with cables.
- Toshiba Bulletin Board is an easy-to-use organizational and productivity app that lets you build your own personalized space on your desktop. With Toshiba Bulletin Board, you can quickly and easily manage your to-do lists and calendars, plus create your own custom work area by pinning your favorite photos, documents, links and more.
- Toshiba ReelTime helps you cut down the time it takes to search for files. The easy-to-use app takes traditional text-based file structures one step further to help you find what you're looking for more quickly. Accessible from your taskbar, it shows you a visual timeline of your recently accessed files--using graphical thumbnails--so you can easily identify and get to your files faster.
- Included Toshiba Utilities:
- USB Sleep and Charge offers a great way to keep your portable electronics powered up without requiring your laptop to be on. With this laptop's Sleep and Charge USB port, you'll be able to charge your smart phone, MP3 player, and other portable electronics--all without having to keep your laptop awake.
- Hard Drive Impact Sensor takes the worry out of taking your most important files and multimedia on the go. Able to detect sudden movement along three different dimensions, the impact sensor (a complex system of hardware and software) helps safeguard your data by "parking" the hard drive heads in the event of a drop or sudden movement. And it works faster than you can blink to help protect your laptop and all-important data.
- Up to 8.3 hours of battery life (6-cell battery; 48 Wh)
- Dimensions & Weight: 10.47 x 7.57 x 1.43 inches (WxDxH); 2.6 pounds
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
- 3 total USB ports with left-side port offering Sleep and Charge capabilities.
- VGA video output (analog, RGB)
- Microphone and headphone jacks
- Secure Digital (SD) memory card reader compatible with Secure Digital High Capacity, Multi Media Card media
- Fast Ethernet (10/100)
What's in the box
This package contains the Toshiba Mini NB305-N440BL notebook PC, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, and operating instructions.
It also comes with the following software:
Norton Internet Security 2010 (30-day trial); Microsoft Works 9; Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 Edition (60-day trial); Google Toolbar; Toshiba PC Health Monitor; Toshiba Online Backup (30-day trial)
This laptop is backed by a 1-year limited hardware warranty.
Microsoft Windows 7 Starter
Microsoft Windows 7 Starter makes small notebook PCs easier to use because it puts less between you and what you want to do--less waiting, less clicking, less hassle connecting to networks. Windows 7 Starter combines the latest in reliability and responsiveness with the familiarity and compatibility of Windows. Some features include:
- Features like Jump Lists, Pin, Snap, and Windows Search all make using a small notebook PC simple and easy
- Joining home networks with other PCs running Windows 7 is easy and simple
- Connecting to printers and devices is easier than ever
- Supports the latest hardware and software
- Internet Explorer 8 improves the safety of web browsing
- Energy Star 5.0 certified
- Gold EPEAT designation for meeting standards to help reduce its environmental impact.
- RoHS compliant effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances
Learn more about Toshiba's environmental commitment.
This year, Toshiba celebrates its 25th anniversary of innovations and quality in the notebook PC business. Beginning with the launch of the Toshiba T1100, the world's first clamshell-type, fully functional laptop PC, Toshiba has led the with such innovations as the first laptop with a color monitor in 1991 and a laptop with integrated CD-ROM drive in 1995 (followed by the addition of a DVD drive in 1998). And in 2009, Toshiba unveiled the world's first ultraportable laptop with 512GB solid state drive.
Today, Toshiba continues to be a leader in @ manufacturing, with virtually all of its consumer laptops earning EPEAT Gold status for meeting standards that help reduce overall environmental impact.
Enjoy the lighter, brighter side of mobility with our award-winning, super-compact NB305 netbook - a companion PC offering a smart, comfort-driven design and exclusive convenience features for light, on-the-go-computing. Thanks to excellent high-speed connectivity, the renowned Intel Atom processor, and up to an eight-hour battery life rating, this innovative best-in-class netbook lets you enjoy all the benefits of today’s fast-moving digital world, putting you in touch with your favorite people, sites, networks and media in ways and places you never imagined. Though small enough to throw in a purse or bag, it comes with a 10.1-Inch diagonal display, and provides smart features to enhance your mobile life - like a generous full-sized, raised tile keyboard and touchpad to ease input, USB Sleep and Charge, plus a durable textured finish and eco-inspired design. So it picks up where smart phones leave off, and makes many of today’s netbooks run a distant second.