Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Cole Swindell Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

on April 3, 2009
When I upgraded to a 17-inch wide-screen laptop last year, it barely fit into the backpack. When the zipper ripped, I had to get a new one... but after looking for more than a year, I didn't have much confidence that I'd find one as nice.

I found this model on the Toshiba web site, but came to Amazon to purchase it. I'm so glad I did! The description is exactly right. Lots of padding, adjustable wrapper in the laptop section so it's a snug fit, removable panel to store cords and such. It is about 3 inches taller my previous backpack, which makes it ride a little differently. That's not a problem, though, because it also means wider straps (and less fumbling around putting it on).

The smaller zippered compartments on the front and side are a good size for pencils, keys and such. There's also a spring clip to hold your keys.

This bag is not high-fashion, but it is very high quality and has a classic look. The zippers are silver with very nice pull-tabs. Overall, very nice! Definitely recommended for all owners of larger laptops, not just gamers.
on April 24, 2009
This backpack perfectly fits the HP HDX18t 18.4" laptop with room to spare. The laptop slot is very nicely padded and fully adjustable for any thickness of laptop. It also has additional padding at the bottom of the backpack that I have not seen in other bags. There are many useful pockets for cords, full keyboards, mice, etc. This is not just a gaming backpack, I use mine for business. Only downside I can see, if you are looking for a bag to fit you 18" laptop and books for school it would be a very very tight squeeze. Otherwise, very comfortable to wear and seems well made. As far as style is concerned, I have been told it makes me look like a turtle...it is not a small bag.
on July 8, 2010
I bought a Toshiab Qosmio 880 laptop in February 2010. It has an 18.4" screen. Because of this, there are only about 2 carrying cases available that will fit this laptop. Most are designed for the 15"-16" screen size that is the most commonly available. Of the 2 cases I found, this was the only backpack. The other was an over the shoulder carry case. This backpack is certainly large enough to fit my massive laptop. If you have a large screen laptop, this is the case you need. It has a large padded compartment in back for the laptop. The middle compartment has a mesh hard backed insert that has many zippered pockets. I use the largest one on top for the powerpack/charging cord as it is fairly large given the size of the laptop and its power needs. There is a smaller zippered pocket on the top of the front that will carry pens and small things like a smal paperback or what I use it for is my Nook charger and a USB charger for my phone. The bottom front pocket fits my logitech trackball perfectly.

The backpack when loaded with the computer and power cord and trackball, probably weighs about 20-25 pounds. Now I am not eager to travel far with this kind of weight set awkwardly on my back. Even with the great padding of the shoulders and the back of the backpack it is not comfortable for more than a few minutes walk. Also once the backpack is loaded with all the computer essentials, there is not rom for things like textbooks. I can put a folder in on top of the computer, but not anything of bulk. It is also quite a bit taller than normal backpacks, and looks like nothing so much as a computer transport, unlike those made for smaller laptops that look like regular backpacks.

I would say if you have a nmormal size computer, like most people, this isn't what you are looking for. If you have a massive gaming laptop 17" or greater like me, it is essential as a means of carrying it around. Overall I am pleased. I don't take my laptopo many places because of its size, but when I do need to take it somewhere, I am glad I have it. I also use it to store my laptop in when I am not using it, as it is padded and keeps it protected.
on August 20, 2010
I bought this to hold a one of Asus' 17' widescreen gaming laptops and it fits comfortably inside.

As other reviewers noted, the backpack is not very deep, but is more than adequate for a computer plus a wide assortment of accessories (keyboard, mouse, surge protector, cables).

The bag seems durable and well assembled. It also seems to be well designed for usability. I have no regrets on the purchase.
55 comments|12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2012
I've searched a backpack for my Asus ROG G74S for almost 2 months. I have returned 2 backpacks and this one is the third one I ordered. And my Asus 17.3 large laptop fits in perfectly. Also I can put my second laptop and my Ipad, too. If you are looking a backpack for your gaming computers, I definitely suggest this one.
on July 29, 2010
I bought my Toshiba 18" Gaming Backpack to replace an older Toshiba backpack I had, and to carry my massive Asus G73 Laptop. I am impressed.

PROS:
> Looks good
> Comfortable
> Good build quality
> Lots of useful pockets
> Fits the biggest of laptops
> Extra room for cooling pads, textbooks, accessories, etc...
> Well padded

CONS:
> Not cheap
> Zippers don't go all the way down the sides
on November 14, 2012
I recently bought a Samsung Series 7 Gamer laptop, Samsung Series 7 Gamer NP700G7C-S01US 17.3-Inch Laptop, to have a powerful gaming machine to take with me on the road. My backpack would not fit/support it so I began searching for a backpack that would fit it. There are some backpacks out there that say they work for 17.3 inch laptops, but upon careful inspection and reading other customer reviews, I found that they are probably designed for thin laptops, like MAC or Ultrabooks. Most gamer laptops are quite heavy and thick, mine is nearly 2" thick at the back. They simply don't work, and then I found this backpack, which supports laptops up to 18.4 inches. I bought it with expedited shipping so I could take my new gamer laptop on my next trip.

When I got it I was impressed with how well my laptop fit. Now initially I was concerned about the fact that it is not very deep, and as far as I can tell, the depth is not expandable, meaning that my laptop, power supply, and accessories all fit, thanks in part to the pull out zippered compartments, however that is about it. When you load all this in, there is not much room for anything additional, like school/work supplies, etc. However, I have to say that this actually turned out to be a huge benefit that I didn't realize until later. Turns out that the lack of depth, even fully loaded, makes this backpack fit very well in even the smallest overhead compartments on planes, a huge plus for me.

This laptop also has a nice thick back support and straps which makes a big difference while traveling, taking some of the stress and strain off your back when fully secured. The pull-out zippered compartments keep the accessories well organized.
on July 26, 2010
This backpack can handle any size laptop up to 18.5" or possible bigger because the laptop compartment is adjustable. The backpack itself is super sexy, with a lot of padding which makes is extremely comfortable to wear even for a long time. It has so many pockets and divisions that you can get lost looking around ( good thing for me ). Its much cheaper than most other backpacks I have been looking. I was searching for perfect backpack to care my Gateway® P-7805u FX which is so huge that could not fit any other backpack. With this one, it fits like home, so great! I'm so happy with it I'm thinking buying another one just for the sake of it... for future laptops when I need it. BUY it, wont regret it!!!!
on February 4, 2010
I recently bought a huge 18.4" widescreen laptop. I went to Toshiba's site and found this backpack. Being an avid amazon user I search here for it and found it cheaper. Holds my laptop nice and snug with the ajustable compartment for it. Lots of pockets. Even one for an mp3 player with a pass through for head phones so you can listen while walking or bike riding with the pack on. I am very pleased with the design.
on September 23, 2011
After purchasing a 17" Laptop, we realized we were going to need a case for transporting it. My oldest son (the geek) recommended a backpack, so a'shopping I went. After about two months of searching for a backpack big enough to hold the laptop, we decided to try this 18.4" Toshiba and were really surprised. Not only did it hold the Laptop securely, but also had additional pockets for carrying everything else. It carry's (along with the Laptop) the power supply/charging unit, an add-on mouse, a headset, numerous CD's and DVD's and our Garmin GPS equipment. It also still has room for more and has not become cumbersome to travel with. The sleeve for the Laptop is adjustable so you can really snug the laptop into it, and the padding is evident everywhere to include the bottom.. We couldn't have bought a better backpack than this one for our needs and now are just trying to finalize plans for more travel knowing that we won't have to worry about the GPS and Laptop being jostled about and/or damaged.. I'd recommend you take a long look at this bag before going anywhere else if you're active and carry a laptop with you! ! ! Thank you Toshiba! ! ! We Love It...