Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on May 2, 2008
this is actually a Toshiba part and is the official Toshiba replacement charger for lot's of Toshiba laptops, and works great, but is much cheaper than buying directy from Toshiba. Before getting this one I bought a "universal" one for Toshiba laptops elsehwere and it did not work with my Toshiba laptop and I had to pay to ship it back. You have to make sure that you're getting a charger that will work with your laptop and this one is the real deal.
on August 13, 2009
My laptop adapter died on me almost a year ago. My boyfriend got me one of those universal adapters with the interchangeable connectors. While that worked fine for a while, eventually the connector started getting loose and the darned thing would slip out constantly. It always needed jiggling just to let the power through. Fed up, I wanted a genuine Toshiba product and I'm very glad I went with this one. A bit pricier than the generic adapters available but the part number matched that of my original adapter exactly so I had a lot of confidence that it would work. After surviving the annoyance of generic, I am thrilled that I bought this one. Peace of mind.

P.S. My laptop model is a Toshiba Satellite A205 series. My original adapter was a 90W adapter but I think those were phased out for this 120W one instead. The product label underneath my laptop says the output is 19 volts. So if anyone else has Toshiba Satellites with specs like mine, this product will work for you.
on August 13, 2013
i have gone through so many pc adaptors in the last four years, and have basically decided the cheaper the better because the expensive ones were about as short lived as the rest.... so i bought this after a friend told me she had gotten one, and it has lasted me the longest by far. ive had it for a year and a half and its still going strong! i would highly recommend this product. it also came from over seas, and i thought it would take forever, i got it in two days with standard shipping!
on April 10, 2013
We've had problems with our plugs before now, the wires inside beginning to fray and whatnot. Thankfully they're not too pricey because it's easier to just buy a new one instead of trying to reconnect the wiring. I'd say just try not to wrap it too tightly on those days of travel and put it out of the tripping zone if you live with someone that doesn't learn from tripping over it the first time. Sad.
on April 23, 2011
I don't recommend this product. It stopped working 13 months after I purchased it(for twice the price as it is now). Besides the "converter box" is twice the size and weight of the original that came with the laptop. The extra weight causes it to easily unplug.
on July 4, 2009
The AC adapter itself is adequate as it is this big clunky AC, not exactly great for storing in a laptop bag. However, Amazon customer service is great! The adapter was damaged in transit, not bad, and Amazon nonetheless promptly sent me a brand new one for free and paid to have the old one shipped back. I would not dream of doing business with any other online store.
on October 17, 2007
I have purchased this power supply because I'm always carrying my notebook to different places. So one power supply is permanently at home and I don't need to care about it. The other one is always on the bag so I know I'll never forget it. This P/S is bigger than the original one (that comes with the notebook), so this is the one I keep at home.
on April 18, 2011
I bought this for my son a few days ago and it already doesnt work the 2 prongs that goes into the charger itself broke out and cant be fixed and after being replaced it worked for about 2 hours and then stopped. I do not reccomend this to anyone.
on March 22, 2013
I was happy to find a Toshiba brand replacement cord here on Amazon so much cheaper than what Toshiba wanted to charge on their website. It works well but the reason why I only gave it 4 stars is because I have to make sure that it is not plugged into the laptop when I plug it into an outlet or it sparks. No other issues with it.
on April 9, 2011
Two years ago I bought a Toshiba laptop for my wife, and she loves it. However, the power supply that came with it died less than a year of owning it. So, I bought this power supply from Toshiba thinking that would be the end of my troubles. Once again though, less than a year later, this one that I bought died as well.

I have decided not to buy any Toshiba power supplies anymore as they don't seem to be very reliable. Instead, we went to Best Buy and picked up one of the more popular universal power supplies there and it has worked great so far.

tl;dr:
Power supply is heavy, big, expensive and doesn't last very long.

See 1 answered question