Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 5, 2013
I was reluctant to order something from a seller "just launched" and without any reviews on this item, but I took a chance and am very pleased. The battery was packaged well and arrived in just 3 working days, even tho I was told it would be 5-10 working days.

I was looking for a genuine Toshiba brand battery for my Satellite L555D laptop, and found so many misleading sellers who said their battery was "Toshiba" but turned out to be a "replacement" for a Toshiba. And I read reviews from people who got these replacements and they didn't fit properly, didn't show the battery was charging, etc. I also noticed a lot of these replacement product pictures could not be magnified or they were too fuzzy to read. I felt this was deliberately deceiving. (I was looking for the word "Toshiba" in the upper left corner, like my original battery. If it couldn't be seen, I didn't want it.)

So I dropped in the new Toshiba battery tonight and so far so good. Will report back if anything goes wrong. More expensive than "replacement" batteries, but cheaper than in the local computer stores. So if you want the real thing, I'd recommend this.
on January 8, 2014
When I ordered the battery it did come quickly in the mail which was nice. The battery was a little off shape to the battery I replaced it with for some reason. Then the battery didn't work. As soon as I would unplug my computer from the charger the lap top would immediately shut off. The battery may as well have been a paperweight. When I requested a replacement or a refund they wanted to trouble shoot my battery. How do you trouble shoot a battery that is dead. What ever. I am now in the processes of either getting a refund or a replacement. We will see how it goes. I would recommend shopping somewhere else for a battery. After I ordered I read the other reviews and it seems that non-working batteries has happened quite a few times with this company.
on January 16, 2014
After considerable trimming on the battery case I was able to get it to fit. It looks almost identical to the original and all of the part numbers match but it was off enough in size that it would not lock into the laptop.
on January 18, 2014
This is an original Toshiba laptop batter. Works like a charm. My laptop is 7 yrs old and I finally had to replace the battery. Found this one on Amazon. Arrived within a week and I now have a good 2+hours of battery life.
on March 17, 2014
While the shipping was fast, the battery is junk. At first I could get an hour at most out of it. Now it says that it is charged but it doesn't power the laptop at all.
on December 4, 2015
Got my old laptop back to normal. If your laptop seems to be getting hot, or your power supply is really hot - the battery is likely not accepting a charge and really drawing the amps - as mine was. This fixed the problem.
on May 3, 2014
This is the same battery that came with the laptop. And, has performed like original equipment. I will buy another, if needed.
on March 3, 2014
Battery was a good replacement for the original. It was an OEM battery with a little higher capacity than original.
on March 3, 2014
perfect item in correct time, I put it in my computer and it works properly.. nice deal , y recomend it
on January 28, 2015
I regret shelling out $75 for a genuine battery that gives me perhaps a 60-minute charge. My original Toshiba battery that came with the new laptop gave an average of two hours and sometimes more than that depending upon power settings. I spend more time than ever plugged in because there's little point in going to battery power only.

My feeling is that Suntek is offering Toshiba batteries that it knows are sub par. I've had much better performance from cheap replacement batteries. I'm also concerned that because this battery isn't performing well that it probably won't last long either. I won't be buying a genuine Toshiba battery from anyone but Toshiba again.