4.0 out of 5 stars Extra plug adapter required for some Toshiba devices
I discovered after purchasing this power adapter that while it has the correct voltage and current for my nifty new Toshiba CB35-B3340 13.3-Inch Chromebook 2, the 5.5mm diameter plug is too wide and does not fit.

Rather than return the adapter, I spent a few more dollars and bought a Super Power Supply® 5.5x2.1mm to 4.0x1.7mm (5.5mm x 2.1mm to 4.0mm x 1.7mm)...
Published 1 month ago by Ed S.

1.0 out of 5 stars died after 2 weeks
it looks like an original charger but after 2 weeks it stopped charging so not sure if it really is. I am a little technically inclined so i connected to a voltage meter and it was not putting out anything. There was no option for exchange either.
Published 11 months ago by J. Quail

1.0 out of 5 stars died after 2 weeks, December 27, 2013
This review is from: Toshiba PA3822U-1ACA AC Adapter - 45W - 19V DC For Notebook - 110V AC, 220V AC2.37A (Personal Computers)

2.0 out of 5 stars Barely works, December 10, 2013
Will charge battery and provide power, but only until converter box over heats. Then no more charging for your laptop. Difficult to get a full charge with out unplugging for 30 minutes to let it cool down. I went with the brand name to prevent a situation like this, there might be a Mac book in my future for the next go around.

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 2:58:58 PM PST
Thank you for the review, Tyler, and sorry to hear about the trouble.

You don't mention which computer you have, but if the power converter overheats and discontinues charging, the adapter is either defective or it is underpowered for the computer with which you are using it. In either case, I recommend discontinuing use of the adapter and contacting Toshiba support at 800-457-7777 to determine if it is defective or the incorrect model for your computer's needs.

Thanks again for the feedback.

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't Charge, April 23, 2013
I just got this item because I accidentally pulled the other one. This product charges my laptop for one percent and then simply stops charging. It's really not worth my money. Very expensive for a product that does not work properly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wow do they lie?, May 5, 2014
I was knocked out my socks when this Damn charger arrived especial since I look at all the specs from laptop and charging cable and made sure the matched for it to come and get super hot!

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR Toshiba Satellite C55D-A5381 - See review for correct replacement part numbers from Toshiba, September 11, 2014
This does not work with the Toshiba Satellite C55D-A5381, which were sold at Staples during Christmas 2013. The connector that plugs into the computer is too small and falls out. After ordering twice from Amazon using the part number on the power cord adapter that came with my son's laptop, I went to the Toshiba website. When I put in the model of his laptop that I found on my Staples receipt, Toshiba came up with one replacement charger. That part number is PA 5044U-1ACA. The Toshiba website states that the new part number is a direct replacement / update for the old part number of PA3822U-1ACA. There is also an L-shaped model that will work - Part Number PA 5096U-1ACA. Nothing against this charger or the seller. Just wanted to let others know that if you have the laptop model that I have, this charger will not work. Hope this helps!

2.0 out of 5 stars It Eventually Worked, May 13, 2014
I bought this after my original gave out on me. It was supposed to be identical, but I noticed the model numbers were different. It stopped charging my laptop after a couple of minutes, but it did work for my daughter's Toshiba. She has Windows 8 and I'm still working on Windows 7. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but I swapped the adapters and now I don't have to send it back.

1.0 out of 5 stars broke first time I used it, February 2, 2014
The unit overheated and it now doesn't work at all. I'm lucky it didn't start a fire. It is a horrible product and waste of money.

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 11:45:35 AM PST
Thank you for the review, Amy, and sorry to hear about the overheating issue.

You don't mention which computer you were using the adapter with, but if it has a current requirement which exceeds the 2.37A that this adapter is designed to deliver, that would be a problem that would be out of spec for this adapter and would very likely result in overheating.

When purchasing replacement power adapters make sure the voltage rating is an exact match and that the current rating matches or exceeds the requirement of the device. Of course, you also need to make sure the plug configuration (style and size) is correct so, if there's any doubt, it's best to ask the supplier to verify that it is compatible with your specific device model.

Thanks again for the feedback and sorry to hear about the trouble.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy, January 27, 2014
The main body of the charger will get very hot and after about 5 days of working for my laptop it burnt out.

Posted on Jan 30, 2014 4:03:57 PM PST
Thank you for the review, Matthew, and sorry to hear about the trouble with the AC adapter.

Thanks again for feedback and sorry for the difficulty.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible product, January 27, 2014
Checked before I bought the device to make sure it was the correct one for my toshiba laptop. It apparently was the same type of adapter and same wattage however when it arrived at my house it was smaller than my brand new laptop's newly broken charger. After about 5 days of working for my computer I believe it overheated and now it no longer works. Terrible product..

Posted on Jan 30, 2014 4:07:55 PM PST
Thank you for the review, Beth, and sorry to hear about the trouble with the AC adapter.

You didn't mention which computer you were using this with, but the symptom you described would be the expected result if the adapter was being used with a computer that required more than the specified 2.37 amps of current provided by this adapter. If the wattage and voltage are truly the same as your original adapter then the current would also be the same, but I recommend double-checking those specs before purchasing a replacement.

Thanks again for feedback and sorry for the difficulty.

1.0 out of 5 stars What I received does not match the picture and will not work with my computer., November 16, 2013
The end that plugs into the computer is way to small. What I received does not match the picture. Wasted my time and money. Now I have to go through the pain of trying to get some satisfaction.