Toshiba's extreme gaming laptop, the Qosmio X305is built for unrelenting domination. Offering the latest in high-performance graphics processors with an icredible 1 GB of discrete graphics memory, amazing action, textures and lighting effects come to life on a brilliant 17" display. A premium stereo system delivers incredible virtual surround sound for games, music and movies. An elective 64-bit operating system and huge system memory deliver powerful performance for today and the future. And massive high-speed serial ATA and Solid State hard drives hold tons of entertainment, while offering faster chapter loads for games. The machine for those who crave high-end thrills, it's topped off by a daring Rogue design with high-gloss Fusion Finish. The Toshiba X305-Q725 ships with Genuine Windows Vista Ultimate (SP1, 64/32 bit version), 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 Processor, 6MB L2 Cache, Mobile Intel GM45 Express Chipset, NVIDIA GeForce 9700M GTS, 512MB GDDR3 discrete graphics memory, plus up to 1791MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory using NVIDIA TurboCache technology. Configured with 4GB PC3 8500 DDR3 SDRAM, 320GB (7200 RPM) Hard Drive (ATA), DVD SuperMulti (+/-R double layer) drive with LabelFlash supporting 11 formats, 17.0 in (Diagonal) Widescreen TruBrite TFT LCD Display at 1440 x 900 Resolution, 4 built-in harman/kardon speakers plus 1 sub-woofer, webcam and microphone built into LCD bezel, Intel WiFi Link 5100AGN (802.11 a/g/n). Dimensions: 16.2 " x 12.0" x 1.7" without feet, weight: Starting at 8.99 lbs.
Powerfully styled and equally packed with powerful computing resources and video processing, the Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q711 is engineered to deliver unparalleled performance to gamers and multimedia enthusiasts. Featuring Toshiba's trademark "fiery" Fusion finish with Rogue design, it pairs one of the latest Intel Centrino 2 processors with NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTX graphics featuring NVIDIA SLi technology, 1 GB of GDDR3 discrete graphics and up to 2303 MB of shared memory when using the included 64-bit version of the Windows Vista Home Premium operating system. To raise the performance bar even further, this Qosmio also combines a 64 GB NAND solid state flash drive--which delivers faster access times and data transfer rates--with a 7200 RPM 320 GB SATA hard disk drive.
Enjoy all the in-your-face realism of today's hottest 3D games with the 17-inch high-definition screen with a 1680 x 1050 (WSXGA+) resolution and amazing brightness, contrast, color saturation and overall image quality. And you'll get crisp, immersive audio from four high-fidelity stereo speakers--and one very powerful sub-woofer.
It's powered by the latest Intel Core 2 Quad processor--with four processing cores and Centrino 2 technology--which boosts speed, reduces power requirements, and saves on battery life. The 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q9000 includes a quick 1066 MHz front-side bus and 6 MB of L2 cache, providing an optimized, multithreaded architecture for improved multimedia and multitasking performance.
Other features include 4 GB of RAM (maximum capacity), Draft-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n), Bluetooth connectivity, HDMI video output, S/PDIF digital audio output for 5.1-channel surround sound, dual-label DVD drive with Labelflash printing (also burns CDs), webcam and microphone mounted on display bezel, and multi-format memory card reader. Additionally, this Toshiba notebook is RoHS-compatible, effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances.
| Spec Check |
- 17-inch LCD screen (1680 x 1050)
- 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q9000 processor
- 64 GB solid state drive
- 320 GB hard disk drive (7200 RPM)
- 4 GB RAM (maximum)
- Dual-layer DVD±R drive with LabelFlash
- Draft-N Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n) plus Bluetooth
- NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTX graphics (with 1 GB discrete)
- Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit/64-bit)
- Weighs 9 pounds
Screen, Video & Audio
- Processor: With four execution cores, the 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q9000 blows through processor-intensive tasks in demanding multitasking environments and makes the most of highly threaded applications. Part of Intel's "Penryn" line of 45nm processors, it features new hafnium-infused circuitry to reduce electrical current leakage in transistors and help this desktop run cooler. It also features Intel Trusted Execution Technology, which provides hardware-based mechanisms that help protect against software-based attacks and protects the confidentiality and integrity of data stored or created on the client PC.
Whether you're creating multimedia, annihilating your gaming enemies, or running compute-intensive applications at one time, new quad-core processing will change the way you do everything. The Q9000 has an ultra-fast 1066 MHz front-side bus (FSB) and a 6 MB L2 cache. (An L2, or secondary, cache temporarily stores data; and a larger L2 cache can help speed up your system's performance. The FSB carries data between the CPU and RAM, and a faster front-side bus will deliver better overall performance.)
You get four dedicated, physical threads help operating systems and applications deliver additional performance that enhance multi-tasking and multi-threaded performance across many types of applications and work loads. The Smart Memory Access feature improves system performance by hiding memory latency, thus optimizing the use of available computer data bandwidth to provide data to the processor when and where it is needed. The Advanced Digital Media Boost feature effectively doubles the execution speed for instructions used widely in multimedia and graphics applications. And with the Intel 64 Architecture, the processor can access larger amounts of memory. With appropriate 64-bit hardware and software, platforms based on an Intel processor supporting Intel 64 Architecture can allow the use of extended virtual and physical memory.
- Hard Drive: This Qosmio laptop comes with dual storage drives--a 64 GB solid-state NAND flash drive and a 320 GB SATA hard disk drive (with a 7200 RPM speed, which is usually found in desktops). Free of moving parts, your solid state drive is designed to last longer than a conventional spinning hard drive. And solid state drives are almost two times faster than conventional drives. You can load an entire game onto the solid state drive, then sit back and enjoy the fun with no gaps in the action.
This SATA hard disk drive also quickens the pace with a higher speed transfer of data--akin to Firewire and USB 2.0.
- Memory: The 4 GB of installed RAM (PC3-8500, 2 x 2 GB) maximizes the capacity of this notebook, and it also offers an ultra-fast 1066 MHz speed.
- DVD/CD Drive: The dual-layer Labelflash DVD drive is compatible with a wide range of formats, including both DVD+RW and DVD-RW discs, CD-RW discs, and dual-layer (DL) DVD±R discs, which can hold up to 8.5 GB of data--great for backing up your MP3 collection or your most important documents. It features the following speeds: 6x for both DVD±R DL, 8x for both single-layer DVD±R, 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD-RW, 5x DVD-RAM, and 24x/16x for CD-R/RW. It reads DVD-ROM discs at 8x and CD-ROMs at 24x.
With the Labelflash functionality, you can burn high-resolution, high-contrast pictures on the label side of DVD discs using the same laser used for data recording. Enjoy transparency and high-quality not found in traditional printable media. All you need is a Labelflash DVD disc to start labeling without a printer.
- Keyboard & Mouse: This notebook has a standard 104-key keyboard and electro-static two-button touchpad. It also offers CD/DVD media player and control buttons (play, stop, next, previous) as well as a volume control dial.
When it comes to full-on entertainment and gaming, this Qosmio laptop is unmatched with its widescreen 17-inch TruBrite display, which not only delivers stunning visuals but also provides the best viewing for widescreen movies with its native 1680 x 1050 resolution. The TruBrite technology helps make images brighter and more vivid thanks to its anti-glare feature.
Delivering optimized performance for immersive gaming on-the-go, the Nvidia GeForce 9800M GTX graphics card powers the Qosmio's video, providing 1 GB of GDDR3 dedicated video memory. (GDDR3, short for Graphics Double Data Rate, version 3, is a graphics card-specific memory technology that's better able to deliver fluid frame rates for even the most advanced games and applications.) It also offers up to 1791 MB of dynamically allocated shared graphics memory using Nvidia's TurboCache technology, and up to 2303 MB when using the 64-bit version of Windows Vista Home Premium operating system. With support for Microsoft DirectX 10 it lets you rip through all of today's most advanced and cutting-edge games and applications. Experience real-time photo editing, or immerse yourself in the most complex, true-to-life gaming environments.
Nvidia Hybrid SLI technology delivers multi-GPU benefits when an Nvidia motherboard GPU is combined with an NVIDIA discrete GPU. With GeForce 9700M, the essential benefit of this technology is the ability to extend the life of your battery considerably with HybridPower. HybridPower technology is a key feature of Hybrid SLI, allowing you to unleash graphics performance when you need it, or instantly switch gears to a lower power mode from the motherboard GPU for longer battery life and quieter operation. This reduces system power consumption dramatically and extends battery life up to 40 percent longer.
It also features four stylishly incorporated Harman Kardon stereo speakers with a built-in subwoofer.
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
This notebook has an integrated tri-mode Atheros wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n). Based on the draft 802.11n Wi-Fi specification, it offers up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range as existing 802.11g wireless. It's also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks (commonly found in home routers and Wi-Fi hotspots. The Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1 + EDR) enables you to communicate and synchronize with Bluetooth-enabled peripherals such as PDAs and cell phones.
With USB Sleep-and-Charge support, you can use your Toshiba laptop to charge your favorite portable electronic devices, even when the laptop is asleep. If you use a smartphone, you can just plug it in, power up and go without having to worry that you've got enough charge. This laptop is also Wireless USB ready. It also includes a next-generation ExpressCard 54/34 card slot (though no PCMCIA card slot), which lets you take advantage of thinner, faster, and lighter expansion cards for even more advanced wireless, networking, storage, and security features.
It comes with an HDMI video output, which extends full 1080p support to HD displays as well as provides uncompressed digital audio and video via a single cable. Here's the full list of connection options:
- 4 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players (including 1 eSATA/USB combo port)
- 1 FireWire (also known as IEEE 1394 or i.Link) port for connecting digital video camcorders and other peripherals
- 1 ExpressCard 54/34 slot
- Digital video: 1 HDMI output
- Analog video: 1 VGA
- Microphone/line-in and stereo headphones/speakers/line-out (with SPDIF digital audio output)
- RJ-45 port for 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet connection
- 56K modem port (V.90)
- 5-in-1 memory card reader (Secure Digital, MultiMedia, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, xD Picture Card)
The 64-bit version of Windows Vista Home Premium (with SP1) is the operating system for users with advanced computer needs, and it includes all of the Windows Media Center capabilities for turning your PC into an all-in-one home entertainment center for watching DVD movies and accessing your digital audio library. You can also use Windows Media Center to record and watch your favorite TV shows (even HDTV) and to access new kinds of online entertainment content. Computers that include Windows Vista Home Premium and an auxiliary Windows SideShow display will also allow you to access key data even when your computer is off. It is also easier than ever to share files between other PCs in your household and to manage your laptop computer settings to more securely connect via Wi-Fi.
Every edition of Windows Vista provides the essential tools and technologies to help protect you whether you are browsing the Internet, connecting to a wireless network, or just reading e-mail. All editions of Windows Vista include new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures long before you have lost any important personal data. And, all Windows Vista editions include parental control features that allow you to manage and monitor your family's use of games, the Internet, instant messaging, and other activities."
This laptop comes with both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista Home Premium.
Microsoft Works 9.0, Google Desktop and Picasa (only available when using 32-bit Windows Vista), Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5, Norton 360 All-in-One Security (30-day trial), and Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student Edition (60-day trial).
Dimensions & Weight
This notebook measures 16.2 x 12.0 x 1.7/2.5 (with feet) inches (WxDxH, and it weighs 9 pounds.
It comes with a 4000 mAH (8-cell) lithium-ion battery pack for extra-long battery life.
What's in the Box
This package contains the X305-Q725 notebook PC, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, and operating instructions. It is backed by a one-year limited hardware warranty.