Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Toshiba Satellite L45 L55 L50 L70 L75 L40 Laptop AC Adapter Charger Power Cord
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on March 20, 2015
Product failed after 2.5 months of normal use. Complete garbage. I believe this is a knock-off item, and not a genuine Toshiba product, despite the labeling. No way should the joint between the cable and the power plug fail so quickly. Very disappointed in product. BUYER BEWARE.
EDIT 03.27.2015: seller read my (justifiably negative) review and immediately started contacting me via phone and email. Then they sent me a replacement adaptor. Seller continues to contact me via telephone and email, demanding that I change my review to positive. However, this is not how we do business in the USA and my opinion is not for sale.
review image
on January 15, 2014
I bought it as a replacement cord after mine broke after two and a half years. I was careful to buy a real Toshiba product with the same model number and everything. When I received this product, it appeared to be a real Toshiba product, though the model number was slightly different than the one that i had before. It worked and everything seemed fine, nonetheless. Like i said in the title, after just two weeks it broke. It was plugged in and then it started sizzling and smoking and just stopped working all together... I don't think it was the wall outlet because my friend also had a laptop plugged in and i know others use the socket all the time with no issues. Was extremely disappointed and irritated especially because it broke during finals week and i needed my laptop to finish a project. Ended up buying an iGO pro laptop charger and it works perfectly.
on September 9, 2013
This is a replacement power supply and I've only had it for a few weeks now. It works just as good as the original.

Update October 31, 2013
My replacement just went dead on me. Have to purchase another one, my laptop needs it.
on November 29, 2013
The product initially did it's job, nothing spectacular about it. After several months, the plastic that connects from the wall and into the charging port began to melt and smoke, leaving a disgusting smell. I wrote to the company about what happened and they were kind enough to tell me they would send me a replacement. I waited. No replacement came. so I messaged them. They wrote me telling me I needed to return the faulty item through Amazon. I did that. I paid about $2 for the envelope to ship it back and they charged me a $3.63 restock fee and refunded the rest of the money but did not replace the item as they had initially promised. Do not buy from them if you are concerned about your product breaking, because if it does break or have some fault, they are unreliable and do not know how to keep promises or respond to emails properly and efficiently.
on January 14, 2014
This is the second replacement adapter I have had to buy for my 1 3/4 year old Toshiba laptop. The first one lasted 3 months and this one only 2 weeks. I am not sure what is happening. I am not happy because I live in a very remote small town and cannot just go to a big box store and replace my chargers. I have to order online and the order was also delayed in transit. I will not purchase this again.
on April 12, 2014
At first, I would have given this 5 stars. I plugged it in, it worked, all was good. After 2 months of use, one day I saw that it was not charging. I moved to a different outlet and plugged it in again. The charging icon appeared, and I went to the next room for a few minutes.

Then, I heard a pop, followed by some crackling, and a thin stream of smoke began to come from the adaptor. I disconnected immediately and there was no harm to the laptop that I could tell. But what if I had not been nearby?

Having read other reviews, this is not a singular event and their customer service is lousy. So, I can't recommend the product nor the seller. Keep a fire extinguisher handy and kiss your money good-bye.
on July 28, 2014
This is the second one of these that I purchased. I bought it both times because it was cheap. The first one died after about 6 months. Before it went out it would get really hot. The last time I tried to use it it started crackling and smoking before I pulled the plug from the wall. The housing had begun to melt. I shudder to think what would have happened had I not been home. I wish Amazon had a safety icon you could tag products with. With both purchases when you connected the brick to the cord you could clearly hear a bit of crackling. Finally the second one just stopped. This second one lasted just about a month before it just stopped working. I will NEVER EVER buy this item again and I caution others not to buy this either. Even though the original cord tapped out just over a year into service it never crackled, smoked or threatened to catch fire so back to Toshiba I go.
on January 7, 2014
I replaced the AC adapter because the protective covering for the electrical wire wore through, exposed the inner wires and these quickly frayed. The replacement I purchased came with a protective covering that separated almost immediately so I have gained little
on February 23, 2015
I bought this for a computer that had been hit by lightning surge. But I eventually used this on my daughters computer because her dog chewed her cord. Works well for hers. Still going after about a month.
on August 6, 2015
First off, this power supply works as a replacement for the Toshiba brand one it replaced. I chose this particular one, because, according to the picture, it was an ungrounded, 2 prong plug, which is what I was looking for. What I got was a grounded, 3 prong plug. That is why it is only getting 4 stars. Nowhere in the description does it say that the cord is a 3 prong grounded plug.