on August 28, 2012
I picked mine up locally at an Office Depot for $380.
It has many Pro's and few Con's
PRO:
I liked the screen resolution and while gaming everything looked great.
CON:
After having a 17in laptop before, this 15.6in screen seemed small but it's not a big issue.
PRO:
The ATI 6520 graphics card handled Skyrim on high settings and played Batman Arkham City very well. Both looked excellent and played very clean.
PRO:
It never seems to get very warm or hot. They finally did cooling on a Toshiba right. The last Toshiba I had felt like it was burning holes in my legs when I sat it in my lap.
CON:
Be sure to read the description on the card reader carefully. It takes full sized SD cards. All other cards must have an addaptor. I have a Micro SD card (I lost the convertor to SD) and when I got home realized I needed a new convertor cuz my the description I read said it takes all the ones listed above but didn't mention an addaptor.
PRO:
I have been reading much about i5 and i7 processors so I hadn't even heard of an A6 quad-core processor. It works great so far for my needs. Big gaming and photography work.
I recommend this as a good budget PC that packs a good punch.
UPDATE - I have come across one other issue that I am not sure if it is a product defect or something that is supposed to happen. At random times, it is left alone, it defaults to a sort of hybernation mode with a dimmed screen. It does NOT go into screensaver. This is very different. I turned off the hybernation modes upon closing the laptop, time-out etc. If it goes into the weird dimmed mode, it is impossible to get it back to full lighting unless you log off and re-log on. Will look for a help screen online if this is a flaw or normal thing.

ADDED INFO:
I have had this laptop for 6 months now. I still love it. It has played every game I have thrown at it and more.
I have played Fallout New Vegas on high settings, Hitman Absolution on high, Dishonored on high and Batman Arkham City on med settings.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on January 3, 2013
Verified Purchase
This computer is nicer looking than the pictures. Works great too. We are very happy with our new computer. We needed a more substantial one and this one was the best deal for the price.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again