4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent basic laptop - very minor quibbles
First, if you're looking for a laptop with all the bells and whistles, this version of Toshiba's Satellite isn't it. Still, it's a great unit. The screen is amazing. Crystal clear and sharp. Not overly glossy to the point where you can see who's standing behind you. Movies look amazing on it.

You can get by with the 1 gig of ram it comes with, but be prepared...
Published on January 30, 2008 by P. Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic No Frills Laptop
This laptop is a decent choice for those looking for a budget computer. Hard core gamers, enthusiasts, or anyone else looking for high-performance should look elsewhere. But for surfing the internet, office programs, and other basic applications this is a great choice. The dual-core Intel processor is more than enough to run those basic applications smoothly and quickly...
Published on April 6, 2008 by Harvey Ramos

5.0 out of 5 stars A speedy laptop at an affordable price, April 1, 2008
This is the first laptop I have ever owned personally. I am a college student, and I bought this machine because my old dinosaur desktop finally blew up, and I needed a reliable computer to research with, and write essays and the like. I decided to spring for a laptop.

I bought this machine from Best Buy last Fall, and I have had very few problems with it. The DVD player runs smoothly, it has excellent wireless reception, and the white keyboard with black letters, I have found, is much easier to see than the standard black keyboard most laptops have. The silver interior is very stylish, however I have noticed that the laptop suffers from what I call "self-mutilation," that is, over regular opening-and-shutting, it has put minor chips in the paint, showing the black shell underneath. It is only minor cosmetic damage, but I am a perfectionist and tend to overreact over trivial "damage." ;)

As for games, although Toshiba does not claim bragging rights, I find the graphics engine to be tolerable. My machine successfully runs Knights of the Old Republic, Quake 3, and Half Life 2, the latter on low resolution, without major lag. (Although, beware: The OS is Vista. Therefore, by default, almost everything you install on the machine that is older than a year and a half will need a patch! This can be frustrating when official sources have no resolution.)

I have not yet, and hopefully never will, performed the "Drop test," however I can tell you this much. I allowed my mother to borrow the laptop for a day, and she used it with a TOWEL wrapped around the base, thinking she was protecting it. She HORRIBLY over heated the machine, and it shut down. (Oh, the humanity!!!) However, once I started it back up (with due time to cool off!) it did not suffer any irreversible damage! Even before I de-fragged the hard drive, it seemed to be operating just fine. (After a warning message advised me not to cover up the cooling vent again!)

Over all, for the price, I cannot find any major problems with it. It runs great, it feels sleek, it is fairly lightweight, (5-6 pounds) and had great wireless range. The battery life is sub-par, (about 3-4 hours, if you have the brightness of the screen lowered to the minimum) but this does not ordinarily bother me, as almost every where I take it, I have a plug nearby.

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe, July 10, 2008
Princess (Aurora, Missouri United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Toshiba Satellite A205-S5804 15.4-inch Laptop (Intel Pentium Dual Core T2330 Processor, 1 GB RAM, 120 GB Hard Drive, Vista Premium) (Personal Computers)
This computer was okay for me at first. But after less than a year, now it's having some major problems. It holds a charge with the new charger I had to buy(the old one broke easily) but it will not charge itself. The charger also falls out easily(as it did with the original charger as well). I had to buy a new battery for it, but it turns out that wasn't the problem. I now have to by a new charger for it, but I don't think that's going to be the problem either as the charger is managing to make the laptop stay on.

I think it's actually that piece that you connect the charger into on the computer. And if it is, I have no idea how to fix that. Not to mention I've already spent over 100$ trying to find out what's wrong with this thing.

Far too many problems for being less than a year old. Not to mention, it's running Vista(granted, sadly, all computers are nowadays).

4.0 out of 5 stars Good PC, terrible OS, April 14, 2008
The laptop by itself is awesome, great look nice hardware profile. At the beginning the mouse pat was almost un-useful the web cam driver crash every time that the PC resumes from stand by and windows OS was really slow. I don't know if all this problems came from factory installation but I refresh the hard drive with the restore DVD and the performance is outstanding. No hardware/software problems so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice choice, April 7, 2008
has a nice sleek design with very soft rounded edges, sloped palm rests, and even a glossy screen that you don't usually find on business notebooks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba laptop, April 6, 2008
Wylie Miller (Dallas, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I received this timely and have enjoyed using it for several weeks now. It works well for about 2 hours without a charge. Screen display is superb, speed is excellent. It will serve me well this year.

4.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba T2330 Laptop, March 23, 2008
Arnetta Dandrea (Dunnellon, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This notebook is cheap and powerful with a T2330 processor. It has a 160 GB hard drive and 2 GB RAM which is remarkable for the price I paid. Toshiba machines have always been heavy and bulky and this one is no exception. Previously I had a 17 inch 12 pound mammoth but its technology was incomparable at the time. Also, only XP Home Edition was included. Vista is better as I detest games. I really like this inexpensive notebook.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, Laptop for and Awsome Price., March 19, 2008
This is my first laptop and I got to say, I like. I use to have a Desktop, but that crash on me, So, since I really don't have the room for it, I decied to go for this Toshiba Satillite a205 Notebook instead, and I got to say, I'm loving it. And for he price I got it (499.00), it was a steal.

The only drawback has to be the Itunes problem. I downloaded the program to burn cds, but I can't do it. I could import them using Itunes, but not burn the tracks onto a blank cd. I took it back to Best Buy so they could check it out, and they told me that it was a Vista thing, and that if I wanted to burn to just use Windows Media. I really don't mind, the reason I got Itunes was for my Ipod.

Aside form that, I like it. It's got a good amount of memory (120gbs) and if you don't mind Vista driving you crazy (I'm still used to XP), and if you're looking for a bargain, then this is the notebook for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba:User Friendly and A W E S O M E !!!, August 15, 2013
Toshiba is the most friendly user laptop/computer there is for the price! Instaslled on this one is Vista Home Premiun, and for anyone just learning about computers, Vista Home Premium is the way to learn! Most people are now purchasing a second laptop, and I also have the Toshiba Mini for on the go and really love it! The Mini has Windows 7 Starter preinstalled, but was easily upgraded to install Windows 7 Home Premium, purchased from Amazon as well!!! The mini does require a portable DVD Player to use for watching movies and anythig that requires disc insert,and that's what I used to upgrade to Windows Home Premium instsalliation. I also made sure to buy the Toshiba brand which syncs perfectly with all Toshiba Laptops/computers

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent, July 8, 2013
It a good computer as long as it doesnt come with problem like mines but still a good buy if you need a laptop.

2.0 out of 5 stars not worth the hassle, February 28, 2013
I ordered this, the memory was horrible, my son couldn't use it -- so I had to sell it on Craig's List. I got someone to buy it for $150.00, so I'm out $30.00 total. Waste of my tmie.

ARRAY(0xd8a43b20)