5.0 out of 5 stars Love IT!!!
Published 7 months ago by Tink

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed!
Published 3 months ago by BlueartCat

5.0 out of 5 stars Love IT!!!, May 22, 2014
This review is from: Toshiba Satellite C55D-A5107 15.6" Laptop PC - AMD Quad-Core A6 / 4GB DDR3 / 750GB HD / DVD±RW/CD-RW / Webcam & Microphone / Windows 8.1 64-bit (Personal Computers)
I purchased this laptop just because of the price and needed to update from XP. Was my first experience using windows 8.1. I don't know what all the fuss is about not that bad. I set it up to always go to the desktop and use my desktop short cuts like I did on XP and on my wife's Windows 7. I had a Lenova laptop which was pretty good and would have continued to use it had it not been XP. this is much faster than it was and is slightly faster than my wife windows 7 Dell laptop with a Pentium processor. I would definitely buy this laptop again . Hold a charge a very long time and is light weight and the screen clarity is wonderful. the only thing it does not pick up the wifi signal from our router as good as the old Lenova did so I don't venture far.

4.0 out of 5 stars C55-A5107, March 31, 2014
i like the computer. its all around pretty speedy and doesn't have any major design problems. its Quad Core processor is nice as well as the 700GB hard drive. only problem is the operating system. WIN 7 is always better than windows 8, simply because its easier to navigate.

5.0 out of 5 stars sturdy and never had a problem with any of them, May 3, 2014
Cathy Armstrong "gladgirl78" (Des Moines, IA United States) - See all my reviews
3rd Toshiba Satellite 15.6 over the last few years, for various family members. Plenty fast enough for home use, sturdy and never had a problem with any of them. My 13-yr-old plays many video games, and the graphics and processor speed are great. Will keep buying these as long as they make them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed!, September 26, 2014
BlueartCat (East Lansing, MI United States) - See all my reviews
Disappointing. Really disappointing. This looked like a fast computer and good value for the money, and it's actually quite slow, both on and offline. I can't tell if it's the Windows 8.1 or just Toshiba's system (which needed a big update a few days after I got it...never had this experience with a new laptop before, and I've owned 4 through home and 5 through work. 2 were Toshibas and they were fine machines, but that was years ago. Online, the navigation just sucks...very slow, and whether using alt and the back arrow, or just clicking the back arrow on the screen, there's a big delay and I often have to do it twice.

Additionally, the keyboard sucks! You have to type realllllly hard! There were many times in this review alone I had to go back and fix a word because the word came out without one of my keystrokes. This is super-annoying, and again unlike any computer I've owned.

I purchased a higher-end ASUS for work in April, and I'll be sticking with ASUS or Acer from now on. Ugh.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Workhorse Laptop, December 6, 2014
Pros:
1. Solid construction.
2. Nice matt black finish
3. Good battery conservation/life - 4 hrs average.
4. Does not produce much heat. Well ventilated body.
5. Quick booting cycle.

Cons:
1. The keys of the keyboard sinks-in deeper than expected.
2. No Bluetooth function.
3. External speaker doesn't sound that good.
4. Graphic screen output is not that impressive.
5. No physical driver disk(s).

Wishful if it had:
1. Firewire port
2. HDMI input
3. Windows 7 OS option.

Overall impression: it's laptop that has value for money. Best in it's class for a quadcore at a bargain price. - 4/5

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but needed more, November 14, 2014
E. Olson (bakersfield, ca usa) - See all my reviews
The computer was quick, fast enough for most tasks. The one thing I did not care for was the keys themselves. I type quite a bit, comments online, correspondences, etc. and the keys were not responsive enough. They were almost squishy and I had way more typos then normal like the keys would not register what I was doing very well. I ended up returning the PC due to this as I became frustrated. If you type a lot a lot and just browse the internet then this would work but for a daily writer I would suggest getting something with keys that are crisper :)

4.0 out of 5 stars I generally like this laptop, July 10, 2014
Windows 8.1 aside, I generally like this laptop. It boots up quickly, has a very long battery life, and the screen looks good. I don't think the keyboard is sensitive enough. I'm a decent typist, and I find myself having to correct misspelled words or add spaces between words. In fact, just typing this short review I have had to make several revisions that I normally wouldn't have to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 9, 2014
Good product, shipping on time

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great and I love all of it, August 5, 2014
Carlos Quinones (Saint Louis, Missouri) - See all my reviews
Works great and I love all of it. I am still getting used to the software but it's not as difficult as Vista was when it first came out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop, August 11, 2014
Love it fast speed... excellect for the price; really enjoying tinkering with all it's. Features.