|Screen Size||15.6 inches|
|Processor||1.4 GHz AMD E Series|
|RAM||4 GB DDR3|
|Hard Drive||320 GB|
|Graphics Coprocessor||AMD Radeon HD 7310|
Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5230 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black)
- AMD Dual-Core E1-1200 Accelerated Processor (1.4 GHz, 1 MB Cache)
- 4 GB DDR3 1066 MHz RAM (max 8 GB)
- 320 GB (5400 RPM) Serial ATA Hard Disk Drive
- 15.6-inch Widescreen TruBrite TFT Display, 1366 x 768 native resolution (HD); AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), SP1
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
My concerns after using my laptop for the past week:
1. The computer runs pretty slow for typical web browsing sites; I was very surprised by this because this is a brand new laptop and shouldn't have this issue as though it was infected with a virus that will slow down the processor.
2. There isn't a notification that warns of low battery life before shutting down in the middle of my work. I checked the settings and it is set to show a warning but for some reason doesn't show up at all.
3. The battery life isn't that impressive. I've had other laptops that I've used off and on, shutting it down when not in use, and this laptop doesn't seem to last more than a few hours of minimal use.
For the price, it's okay. But I am disappointed with the speed and battery life.
Thank you so much amazone.com
Later I discovered that the Bluetooth function was non-existent although the invoice indicated it was to include LAN and Bluetooth. I conversed with Toshiba for about two weeks requesting that they credit me a small amount or provide me with a Bluetooth adapter which they manufacture (their cost about $12). They passed me back and forth between warranty service and their sales department never once offering any solution other than stating it wasn't their problem. Their powerless support people seem to all be in the Philippines but their dozens of case managers seem to do nothing but make recordings of their customers problems for their legal department. Their solution is to deny deny deny. Avoid Toshiba products.
You will not be dealing with Amazon once you own a Toshiba unit. Avoid Toshiba as you would a plague. They have a customer service department that operates like a brick wall. They stonewall everything. Avoid Toshiba. My advice. There are many other brands to purchase. I read the complaints on the so-called BBB site (kind of a scam I believe operated by businesses for their own benefit) and was amazed to see all the thousands of others having similar results dealing with useless Toshiba customer service.
first thing i noticed is how slow it is compared to the other one. i use my computer for microsoft office,email, fb, youtube, just general internet surfing. i don't play games, i don't download music or movies or anything like that. that said, i think this computer should be more than sufficient for what i do. i had it about 2 months now, and i already had a blue screen ...twice. then a few times when i was on youtube the video stopped suddenly and the area where you view the video appeared dark green, then the entire screen went black and when it came back it said the video driver (something with AMD) suddenly stopped working but recovered from an error.
a computer this new should not be experiencing any of these issues.
i gave it 2 stars because it's a great price, and it's a nice laptop. for a non-techy person it's good.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this laptop in 2012, just prior to my deployment overseas. It's been to four countries in austere environments. Read morePublished 10 months ago by John
Let me tell u guys about my experience with this toshiba laptop I love this laptop even tho its not dat big but its very fast a nice screen big but not to big the reason why I'm... Read morePublished 12 months ago by mark
Slowest pc I've ever owned. My smartphone is faster. I can't play a YouTube video and open a text document at the same time. Complete waste of money.Published 15 months ago by Ronald Fitzpatrick
This laptop was a bust from the get go. After a few months it crapped out. I sent it back to Toshiba and they did something to it but the laptop crapped out again in a couple of... Read morePublished 18 months ago by Linda
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.