Learn more about Windows 7 Home Premium below.
The Toshiba Satellite L505 laptop is tailor made for handling life's essentials at home, school or work.
A brilliant high-gloss Fusion Finish design with a Breeze pattern in graphite gray means you'll be multitasking in style.
Spacious 104-key keyboard with 10-key input (see larger image).
You'll enjoy dual-core productivity from its 2.1 GHz Intel Pentium T4300 processor for excellent multitasking. Other features include a 500 GB hard drive, 4 GB of installed RAM (upgradeable to 8 GB), 5-in-1 memory card reader, Draft-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n), full-size keyboard and 10-key pad, and dual-layer DVD±RW drive that burns CDs.
This Toshiba notebook is Energy Star 5.0 certified, and has received a Gold EPEAT designation for meeting standards to help reduce its environmental impact. Additionally, it is RoHS-compliant, effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances.
- 15.6-inch high-definition TruBrite display for amazing color depth and clarity (Learn more)
- Windows 7 Home Premium makes it easy to create a home network and share all of your favorite photos, videos, and music. And you can watch shows for free when and where you want with Internet TV on Windows Media Center. Get the best entertainment experience with Windows 7 Home Premium. (Learn more)
- Get more features with Windows Anytime Upgrade. It's the best way to add features to Windows 7, takes as few as ten minutes, requires no software or downloads, and you'll keep your existing programs, files, and settings. Windows will walk you through the simple upgrade process.
- 2.1 GHz Intel Pentium T4300 dual-core processor with 1 MB L2 cache and 800 MHz front side bus (FSB) (Learn more)
- 500 GB Serial ATA hard drive
- 4 GB of RAM (800 MHz; upgradeable to 8 GB)
- Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD with up to 1750 MB of dynamically shared memory allocated by the system (Learn more)
- 8x SuperMulti DVD drive with double layer support (See speeds)
- 1.3 megapixel with Face Recognition capabilities for added security (Learn more)
- 104-key keyboard with 10-key pad
- Enjoy proactive PC health--without the worry. For your peace mind, this laptop comes with an innovative PC Health Monitor that constantly keeps tabs on things like your machine's power usage, temperature and hard drive--so you won't have to.
- Draft-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for greater speed and range
- Fast Ethernet (10/100)
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Pre-loaded software includes Microsoft Works SE 9.0 for word processing and spreadsheet work. Enjoy a 60-day trial version of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007.
- 6-cell (4000 mAh) battery for up to 2 hours, 45 minutes of continuous use
- Dimensions: 15.1 x 10.2 x 1.55 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 6 pounds
- Warranty: One-year limited hardware warranty
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
With its integrated Draft-N Wi-Fi networking capabilities, this laptop provides up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range using 802.11n-compatible routers as you would with 802.11g networks. It's also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks (commonly found at Wi-Fi hotspots and in older home routers). This notebook also provides Fast (10/100) Ethernet networking.
- 3 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players
- Includes 1 eSATA/USB combo port
- Analog video output: 1 VGA
- 5-in-1 memory card reader compatible with Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, Multi Media Card, xD Picture Card
- 1 headphone jack, 1 microphone jack
- RJ-45 port for 10/100 Fast Ethernet
What's in the box
This package contains the Toshiba Satellite L505-S5993 notebook PC, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, and operating instructions.
It also comes with the following software: Norton Internet Security 2009 (30-day trial), Toshiba PC Health Monitor, Microsoft Works, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 Edition (60-day trial), Windows Media Player, Ulead Label@Once, Google Toolbar, WildTangent Orb Game Console
Windows 7 Home Premium makes it easy to create a home network and share all of your favorite photos, videos, and music. You can even watch, pause, rewind, and record TV. Get the best entertainment experience with Windows 7 Home Premium.
|Simplify everyday tasks||Work the way you want||Make new things possible|
| || || |
New in Windows 7, Jump Lists take you right to the documents, pictures, songs, or websites you turn to each day. To open a Jump List, just right-click a program icon on the Windows 7 taskbar. (You'll also find them on the Start menu.) What you see in a Jump List depends entirely on the program. The Jump List for Internet Explorer 8 shows frequently-viewed websites. Windows Media Player 12 lists commonly-played tunes. Your Jump List missing a favorite? You can "pin" whatever files you like there. Jump Lists don't just show shortcuts to files. Sometimes they also provide quick access to commands for things like composing new e‑mail messages or playing music.
Improved Windows Taskbar
In Windows 7 you can "pin" favorite programs anywhere on the taskbar for easy access. Not crazy about the icon lineup? Now you can rearrange them any way you like by clicking and dragging. Finally, there are new ways to preview windows. Point to a taskbar icon to see a thumbnail preview of open files or programs. Then, move your mouse over a thumbnail to preview the window full-screen. You can even close windows from the thumbnail previews--a big time saver.
Ever need to cut through a cluttered desktop and quickly focus on a single window? Just click a pane and give your mouse a shake. Every open window except that one instantly disappears. Jiggle again--and your windows are back.
With the 2.1 GHz Intel Pentium T4300 dual-core processor, you'll be able to perform multiple tasks such as digital rendering and gaming all while running virus scan or other background tasks seamlessly. And its Intel 64 architecture is also ready for tomorrow's 64-bit applications, and offers enhanced performance through improved virtual memory. It has a 1 MB L2 cache and an 800 MHz front-side bus (FSB). (An L2, or secondary, cache temporarily stores data; and a larger L2 cache can help speed up your system's performance. The FSB carries data between the CPU and RAM, and a faster front-side bus will deliver better overall performance.)
- Write: 24x CD-R, 24x CD-RW, 8x DVD-R, 8x DVD+R, 6x DVD-R DL (double-layer), 6x DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6x DVD-RW, 8x DVD+RW, 5x DVD-RAM