Offering solid performance and impressive affordability, the Toshiba Satellite L505-S6959 laptop is is a great choice for handling computing essentials at home, school or work--from surfing the web and downloading video to managing household finances or studying for finals. This all-purpose, eco-smart machine features a stunning 16-inch display with 720p native high-definition resolution. And thanks to the built-in webcam and Toshiba Face Recognition software on this machine, you'll enjoy a more convenient way to communicate, log on or share your laptop among the family. To top it off, the L505 features a brilliant high-gloss Fusion Finish design with a Breeze pattern in Graphite Gray that's sure to turn heads.
The Toshiba Satellite L505 laptop is tailor made for handling life's essentials at home, school or work.
A brilliant high-gloss Fusion Finish design with a Breeze pattern in graphite gray means you'll be multitasking in style.
It's powered by the 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T6500 processor, which boosts speed, reduces power requirements, and saves on battery life. It also offers a fast 800 MHz front-side bus speed and 2 MB L2 cache. It also includes Intel's 5100AGN wireless LAN, which will connect to draft 802.11n routers and offers compatibility with 802.11a/b/g networks as well. Other features include a 320 GB hard drive, 4 GB of installed RAM (upgradeable to 8 GB), 5-in-1 memory card reader, full-size keyboard and 10-key pad, and 64-bit version of the Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium operating system.
This Toshiba notebook is Energy Star 5.0 certified and it is RoHS-compliant, effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances.
- 16-inch high-definition TruBrite display for amazing color depth and clarity (Learn more)
- 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T6500 processor for excellent multi-tasking (Learn more)
- 320 GB Serial ATA hard drive
- 4 GB of RAM (800 MHz; upgradeable to 8 GB)
- Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD with up to 1759 MB of dynamically shared memory allocated by the system (Learn more)
- 8x SuperMulti DVD drive with double layer support and Labelflash printing (See speeds)
- 1.3 megapixel with Face Recognition capabilities for added security (Learn more)
- 104-key keyboard with 10-key pad
- Enjoy proactive PC health--without the worry. For your peace mind, this laptop comes with an innovative PC Health Monitor that constantly keeps tabs on things like your machine's power usage, temperature and hard drive--so you won't have to.
- Draft-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11a/b/g/n) for greater speed and range
- Fast Ethernet (10/100)
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium operating system (64-bit version) (Learn more)
- 6-cell (4000 mAh) battery
- Dimensions: 15.1 x 10.2 x 1.55 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 6 pounds
- Warranty: One-year limited hardware warranty
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
With its integrated Draft-N Wi-Fi networking capabilities, this laptop provides up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range using 802.11n-compatible routers as you would with 802.11g networks. It's also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks (commonly found at Wi-Fi hotspots and in older home routers) as well as 802.11a networks (which has a higher throughput, but more limited range--great for closed office environments). This notebook also provides Fast (10/100) Ethernet networking.
- 3 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players
- Includes 1 eSATA/USB combo port with USB Sleep and Charge
- Analog video output: 1 VGA
- 5-in-1 memory card reader compatible with Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, Multi Media Card, xD Picture Card
- 1 headphone jack, 1 microphone jack
- RJ-45 port for 10/100 Fast Ethernet
- RJ-11 port for 56K modem
What's in the box
This package contains the Toshiba Satellite L505-S6959 notebook PC, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, and operating instructions.
It also comes with the following software: Norton Internet Security 2009 (30-day trial), Toshiba PC Health Monitor, Microsoft Works, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 Edition (60-day trial), Windows Media Player, Corel DVD Movie Factory, Google Toolbar, Google Picasa, PowerCinema, WildTangent Orb Game Console
This notebook has a 16-inch TFT display with a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels (native 720p for high-definition viewing). It also provides TruBrite technology, which makes images brighter and more vivid thanks to its anti-glare feature. Video is powered by the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD, which uses shared video memory (up to 1759 MB allocated from the system memory). This graphics card is built with Intel Clear Video technology, which delivers clearer, more detailed images by eliminating many of the jagged edges and video artifacts seen when viewing interlaced content and features powerful color control to ensure videos are not too dark, overly bright, or washed out. It's compatible with external monitor resolutions up to 1920 x 1200.
The Intel Core 2 Duo T6500 processor has a 2.1 GHz processor speed, fast 800 MHz front-side bus (FSB), and 2 MB L2 cache. (An L2, or secondary, cache temporarily stores data; and a larger L2 cache can help speed up your system's performance. The FSB carries data between the CPU and RAM, and a faster front-side bus will deliver better overall performance.)
With two computational execution cores in a single processor, it provides greater system response when running multi-threaded applications simultaneously with no significant increase in power consumption. It's optimized for multitasking and is ready to support the Microsoft Windows Vista operating system. It can simultaneously run multiple demanding applications--such as graphics-intensive games or serious number-crunching business productivity applications--while downloading music or running virus-scanning security programs in the background. Some of the advanced Intel innovations of the Core 2 Duo processor include:
- Smart Memory Access: Improves system performance by hiding memory latency, thus optimizing the use of available computer data bandwidth to provide data to the processor when and where it is needed.
- Advanced Digital Media Boost: Effectively doubles the execution speed for instructions used widely in multimedia and graphics applications.
- Dynamic Power Coordination: Coordinates Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology and idle power-management state (C-states) transitions independently per core to help save power.
- Deeper Sleep with Dynamic Cache Sizing: Saves power by flushing cache data to system memory during periods of inactivity to lower CPU voltage.
This multiformat DVD/CD drive is compatible with writing both DVD+ and DVD- disc formats as well as dual-layer (DL) DVD±R discs, which can store up to 8.5 GB of data. It offers the following read/write speeds:
- Write: 24x CD-R, 24x CD-RW, 8x DVD-R, 8x DVD+R, 6x DVD-R DL (double-layer), 6x DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6x DVD-RW, 8x DVD+RW, 5x DVD-RAM
With the Labelflash functionality, you can burn high-resolution, high-contrast pictures on the label side of DVD discs using the same laser used for data recording. Enjoy transparency and high-quality not found in traditional printable media. All you need is a Labelflash DVD disc to start labeling without a printer.
A 1.3 megapixel digital web camera built into the LCD's bezel lets you quickly snap photos and participate in live video chats. The integrated webcam does more than just video chats. It includes Toshiba Face Recognition capabilities--the ultimate hands-free, hassle-free way to log onto your laptop. Just show your face to the webcam--no keeping track of hard-to-remember passwords and no unnecessary typing. And if you're using one laptop for several users--say for the whole family or for a small business--Toshiba Face Recognition lets you switch profiles with one simple look.
Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit version) is the operating system for users with advanced computer needs, and it includes all of the Windows Media Center capabilities for turning your PC into an all-in-one home entertainment center for watching DVD movies and accessing your digital audio library. You can also use Windows Media Center to record and watch your favorite TV shows (even HDTV) and to access new kinds of online entertainment content. Computers that include Windows Vista Home Premium and an auxiliary Windows SideShow display will also allow you to access key data even when your computer is off. It is also easier than ever to share files between other PCs in your household and to manage your laptop computer settings to more securely connect via Wi-Fi.
Every edition of Windows Vista provides the essential tools and technologies to help protect you whether you are browsing the Internet, connecting to a wireless network, or just reading e-mail. All editions of Windows Vista include new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures long before you have lost any important personal data. And, all Windows Vista editions include parental control features that allow you to manage and monitor your family's use of games, the Internet, instant messaging, and other activities.