Offering plenty of mobile computing power plus room to multitask, study, and play, the Toshiba Satellite L855 (model L855-S5244) offers a generous 15.6-inch LED-backlit HD display that's great for doing more things at once--handling business at home or in the field, watching movies or playing online RPG games. It's got a full-size keyboard and 10-key pad for smoother typing and data entry plus chambered stereo speakers for high-definition audio playback. And its high-gloss Fusion II Finish in Mercury Silver will be sure to raise a few eyebrows.
It's powered by a second-generation Intel Core i3 dual-core processor, which provides breakthrough digital media management, content creation, and 3D gaming capabilities. Effortlessly move between applications with smart multitasking delivered by Intel Hyper-Threading Technology for a difference in your performance that you can truly see and feel.
While the all-purpose, eco-smart Satellite L855 is light on its feet at just 5.5 pounds, it's packed with powerful computing resources, including a SuperMulti drive that can burn a plethora of disc formats, and plenty of ports and storage to give you the freedom to expand, or hold more files and media. And thanks to the built-in webcam and Toshiba Face Recognition software on this machine, you'll enjoy a more convenient way to communicate, log on, or share your laptop among the family.
This Satellite laptop features two super-speed USB 3.0 ports--the latest development in USB data transfer technology. In addition to quicker transfer speeds, your USB 3.0-enabled devices won't require a separate power cable either, unlike eSATA technology.
It also comes pre-loaded with exclusive Toshiba software, including Bulletin Board (for desktop organization), Media Controller (for sharing media), and ReelTime (a graphical search utility).
This Satellite comes pre-installed with the 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (learn more below).
Key Specifications Display
15.6-inch widescreen HD TruBrite LED-backlit display with native HD 720p resolution (1366 x 768, 16:9 aspect ratio) Processor
2.4 GHz Intel Core i3-2370M dual-core processor (3 MB cache) Storage
640 GB Serial ATA hard disk drive (5400 RPM) Memory
4 GB of installed DDR3 RAM (1333 MHz; 16 GB maximum capacity; 2 memory slots) Graphics
Intel HD Graphics integrated solution for everyday computing with support for Microsoft DirectX 11 games Optical Drive
8x SuperMulti DVD drive Wireless
Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) Audio
Built-in stereo speakers with SRS Premium Sound HD enhancement Battery
Up to 5 hours, 40 minutes of battery life (6-cell battery) Touch Pad and Keyboard
Touch pad with multi-touch control and premium keyboard with 10-key
| Weight and Dimensions |
5.5 pounds; 14.96 x 9.53 x 1.31 inches (WxDxH)
Connectivity & Expansion
- 2 super-speed USB 3.0 ports
- 1 standard USB 2.0 port (with USB Sleep and Charge)
- HDMI audio/video output with support for Full HD 1080p high-definition video.
- VGA video output (analog, RGB)
- Microphone and headphone jacks
- Multi-format memory card reader compatible with Secure Digital, SDHC, SDXC, miniSD, microSD, Multi Media Card (shared slot; may require adapter for use)
- Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000)
See a larger image with all ports.
| || |
Toshiba Media Controller
Toshiba Bulletin Board
Toshiba eco Utility
Sleep and Charge
What's in the Box
This package contains the Toshiba Satellite L855-S5244 notebook PC, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, and operating instructions.
It also comes with the following software:
Norton Internet Security 2012 (30-day trial); Microsoft Office Starter 2010; Google Toolbar and Google Chrome; Microsoft Windows Media Player 12; Microsoft Live Essentials; WildTangent Games Console; Toshiba Online Backup (30-day trial)
This laptop is backed by a 1-year limited hardware warranty.
- Energy Star 5.0 certified
- Gold EPEAT designation for meeting standards to help reduce its environmental impact.
- RoHS compliant effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances
Learn more about Toshiba's environmental commitment.
| || |
Toshiba Dynadock U3.0 Universal USB Connect Docking Station
Toshiba's Dynadock U3.0 universal USB connect docking station links all your electronic devices to your laptop--peripherals, external monitor, and sound system--with just a single USB 3.0 cable. It includes six USB ports (four USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0), Gigabit Ethernet port, mic and headphone jacks, HDMI output, and a DVI video output--plus support for dual displays.
| || |
Toshiba Canvio Plus USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drives
Available in a number of capacities, Toshiba's Canvio USB 3.0 portable external hard drives are designed to be the most hassle-free back-up solution. With everything you need right in the box, they are the ultimate combination of storage, convenience, and style.
| || |
Toshiba 14-inch USB Mobile LCD Monitor
Unpack the Toshiba 14-inch USB Mobile LCD Monitor and you'll get a big 14 diagonal inches of instant screen "real estate"—brought to you in brilliant 1366 x 768 HD resolution. Your presentations and photos will pop, and you'll multitask like mad. Under three pounds and less than one inch thick, this ultra-portable monitor is designed to fit in most standard laptop bags. It also comes with a dual-purpose custom-fitted carrying case.
| || |
Toshiba AC Adapter
A second AC adapter at home and/or at work makes power access convenient and tailored to your needs. Also keep one in your carrying case at all times and never be without an AC adapter when you travel.
| || |
Toshiba High Capacity 12-Cell Laptop Battery
Designed to work with a variety of Toshiba series portable computers, this high capacity battery pack has twice the number of cells (12 vs. 6) compared to the original battery that came with your notebook, giving you extended battery life for more computing time, watch more movies, play more games or listen to more music
| || |
Toshiba Extreme Backpack
The Toshiba Extreme Backpack is available in a array of sizes and features five separate sections and compartments keeps your laptop protected and holds everything you need in an easily manageable way.
See larger image.
See all Toshiba laptop accessories.
| || |
Windows 7 Home Premium
The Best Entertainment Experience On Your PC
Windows 7 Home Premium makes it easy to create a home network and share all of your favorite photos, videos, and music. You can even watch, pause, and rewind TV or record it to watch whenever and wherever you want. For the best entertainment experience, choose a PC with Windows 7.
Windows 7: Your PC Simplified
- Improved desktop navigation features like Snap, Peek and Shake, make it easier to manage all of your open windows.
- Find virtually anything on your PC--from documents to songs to email--just by typing a word or two with Windows Search.
- Designed to make your PC sleep and resume quicker.
- Watch, pause, rewind and record TV with Windows Media Center to watch whenever and where ever you want.*
Get a Faster, Safer Web with a New PC and Internet Explorer 9
- Helps protect against identity theft and malicious software with SmartScreen Filter.
- Movies, TV, and videos look better and run more smoothly.
Create, Connect, and Share with Windows Live
Windows 7 and Windows Live bring it all together for free. Get the free set of programs that make it simple to create and share amazing photos and movies, organize mail, and stay connected with your closest friends.
- Get free online storage with Windows Live SkyDrive.
- Sync files on your PCs automatically with Windows Live Mesh.
- Share photos during video chats with Windows Live Messenger.**
- Easily edit photos. Combine the best parts of multiple photos into one perfect photo with Photo Fuse.
You can download Windows Live for FREE at download.live.com.
Complete Your PC Experience with Microsoft Office 2010
- Includes reduced functionality versions of Microsoft Word and Excel with advertising. (Note that PowerPoint or Outlook are not included.)
- Purchase Office 2010 today and get the most out of your new PC.
* Additional hardware may be required. Not available in all countries. (See windows.microsoft.com/products/windows-7/system-requirements/ for more information.)
** Requires a compatible microphone, speakers or headset, webcam, and broadband connection.