Published 16 months ago by Erik

3.0 out of 5 stars Mouse action is hesitating, too much junkware
Not sure where to differentiate between Windows 8 and the Toshiba Laptop. The mouse is sticky sometimes or you can't even see it on the screen. Toshiba loads it up with a lot of unnecessary bloatware. With four gigs of memory I was always crashing Chrome, until I deleted all the preloaded junkware.

I have ordered more memory for it, that may help. Would not...
Published 13 months ago by Shurin Mtellnya

5.0 out of 5 stars Just because the price is lower does not mean a lower quality machine!, May 17, 2013
This review is from: Toshiba - Satellite 15.6" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Satin Black (Personal Computers)
Incredible! I have owned several quality laptops and after heavy debate I decided to see what this Toshiba could do. I am pleased beyond compare.... twice, no, three times the machine I expected. great design, keyboard, mouse, features etc etc. I had a machine that I paid twice the price for and I lived with the glitches, poor design and battery life for 3 years before purchasing this laptop. Fortunately, my older machine was dropped breaking the display and now I get to enjoy this new laptop. If looking for a quality computer at a very affordable price you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars lots of bang for your buck, April 23, 2013
it works great. windows 8 takes some getting used to but it works good. it doesn't have backlit keys so if you compute in the dark you need a light. its a beast of a computer in the price range its in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the average computer user, November 13, 2013
This laptop works great for what it is. It's not designed for lots of fancy graphics editing or video editing or amazing game play it designed to do all of a computers basic functions efficiently. ( type, Internet , music, videos etc.). I would recommend and USB external drive with this unit to keep the interal hard drive free of clutter because after you put about 250gigs on unit it becomes VERY slow. But it you use and external drive it functions perfectly. This unit was priced at 220$ when I purchased it and still can't believe it works as well as it does. One thing that is really terrible is the internal speakers. They barely get loud enough to hear in a quite room but simply fixed with a wireless or wired set of speakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT LAPTOP, July 7, 2013
love this laptop it is a great computer to use in my college classes and a great price for a college budget.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mouse action is hesitating, too much junkware, August 4, 2013

I have ordered more memory for it, that may help. Would not order this machine without at least 8 gigs of memory.
Price was pretty good, but i would not recommend this to anyone, too hard to make it run like it should.

5.0 out of 5 stars satellite connection is great!, June 18, 2013
P. McAuley (east rutherford, nj) - See all my reviews
I purchased the Toshiba brand after having an HP for several years. This laptop has a terrific connection to the internet. Windows 8 takes some time getting used to it but it's not as difficult as some people say. The computer is very lightweight and portable. The speakers could be better but, all in all, it's a pretty good computer for the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, August 25, 2013
Not bad for the price . . . . Takes some time to get used too software. Other than that I'm happy to have a computer that works

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pc, based in the price I would say ..., December 12, 2013
Great pc, based in the price I would say this is a good choice since it comes with the basic requirements for people that doesn't need high processor tasks or applications.

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable value for an inexpensive price, August 10, 2014
My Compaq Presario's hard drive crashed for good so I had to do a quick replacement with an inexpensive model.

The Toshiba Satellite features an AMD A6 Quad Core processor with a 2.0 GHz speed. I selected this unit because my Presario had an AMD Athlon Dual Core processor with a 2.1 GHz speed and thought the performance would be very similar. Unfortunately, it seems a bit slower... my spreadsheets and Word documents load more slowly. I'm using the same Internet connections and router so the only difference could be the processor... or it's maybe that Windows 8.1 slows the page loads more than Windows 7. Also, the speakers have a really tinny sound that can be adjusted somewhat by modifying your default settings in Speaker playback.

On the other hand, the battery life is outstanding at this price. I am getting 5 hours of battery life where the Presario only gave me 3 hours out of the box. So I'm happy with that.

All in all, there is reasonable value for the inexpensive price... but if you have a little more money to spend there may be better options out there for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Laptop!, August 6, 2013
There was an issue with delivery (they sent the wrong one and intercepted it just before delivery, then shipped out the correct one). This caused a 5 day delay, but it wasn't a big deal.

The computer itself, its great. Lightweight, took less than 5 mins to register and get up and running. Windows 8 is a pain in the butt to get used to, but I will adjust. It's quick and has a good battery life. It was a great bargain for the price!

Rate and Discover Movies