Toshiba Satellite T215D: Ultra-Thin Portability with Long Battery Life
Take off where netbooks leave off with the affordable Toshiba T215D laptop with 11.6-inch screen (model T215D-S1160), Toshiba's thinnest and lightest Satellite model yet. Offering the performance, flexibility and functionality you expect in a standard-sized laptop but in a highly portable and efficient package, this T215D features a power-efficient AMD mobile processor and a number of energy saving enhancements that deliver just over 5 hours of battery life.
Weighing just 3.5 pounds, the ultrathin Toshiba Satellite T215D features a 11.6-inch LED backlit screen (see larger image
Fusion Chrome Finish in Gemini Black.
The T215D has a full-sized keyboard and full-sized touchpad with multi-touch capabilities, enabling greater flexibility to browse and control what's happening on-screen with gesture commands--including two-finger pinch, swipe, rotate and scroll. It's also been designed to be environmentally conscious with a power-efficient, mercury-free LED backlit display that also provides brilliantly colorful imagery for photos and video thanks to the native HD TruBrite screen.
Thanks to the built-in webcam and Toshiba Face Recognition software on this machine, you'll enjoy a more convenient way to communicate, log on or share your laptop among the family. Other Toshiba exclusive features include a power-saving Eco Utility to help reduce power consumption based on your needs, USB Sleep-and-Charge port, and a hard drive impact sensor that protects your data. And it's sure to stand out in the crowd thanks to the stunning Fusion Chrome Finish in Gemini Black.
This Satellite comes pre-installed with the Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium operating system (64-bit version).
The Fusion Chrome Finish features a rich silver interior and
lustrous trim and a Gemini Black lid (see larger image
The full-sized keyboard makes it comfortable for extended
on-the-go typing (see larger image
- 11.6-inch widescreen HD TruBrite LED-Backlit display not only renders stunning visuals,it uses less power (1366 x 768 resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio).
- 1.7 GHz AMD Athlon II Neo single-core processor K125 (2 MB L2 cache) provides a full-featured PC experience, exceptional HD entertainment and long battery life rating so you can do more on the go.
- 250 GB SATA hard drive (5400 RPM)
- 2 GB of installed DDR3 RAM (1066 MHz; expandable to 8 GB)
- ATI Radeon HD 4225 graphics card provides exceptional features, performance and power-efficiencies that enrich what you see and do (256 MB - 893 MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory).
- Wireless Connectivity
- With its integrated Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking capabilities, this laptop provides up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range using 802.11n-compatible routers as you would with 802.11g networks. It's also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks (commonly found at Wi-Fi hotspots and in older home routers.
Toshiba ReelTime. Click here
to learn about its features.
Toshiba Eco Utility. Click here
to learn about its features.
- Included Toshiba Software:
- Toshiba Media Controller offers simplified media sharing. Using an intuitive drag-and-drop interface, it lets you share videos, music and pictures from the media library on your laptop with compatible devices in your home entertainment network, or with other compatible laptops and devices, like an Xbox 360 game console. And you can do it all without moving equipment, burning discs or fumbling with cables.
- Toshiba Bulletin Board is an easy-to-use organizational and productivity app that lets you build your own personalized space on your desktop. With Toshiba Bulletin Board, you can quickly and easily manage your to-do lists and calendars, plus create your own custom work area by pinning your favorite photos, documents, links and more.
- Toshiba ReelTime helps you cut down the time it takes to search for files. The easy-to-use app takes traditional text-based file structures one step further to help you find what you're looking for more quickly. Accessible from your taskbar, it shows you a visual timeline of your recently accessed files--using graphical thumbnails--so you can easily identify and get to your files faster.
- Included Toshiba Utilities:
- Toshiba eco Utility makes it easy to go green as you go mobile. Hit the Eco Button and you'll launch the Toshiba Eco Utility, which puts all sorts of easy-to-read information on your screen, and gives you the ability to adjust the power settings on your laptop. It also activates a light showing you're in the Eco Mode. The Toshiba Eco Utility lets you pick the optimal power plan for your situation. Choose High-Performance when you need every watt you can get, Power Saver for the least energy consumption, or Balanced as a perfect blend of the two.
- USB Sleep and Charge offers a great way to keep your portable electronics powered up without requiring your laptop to be on. With this laptop's Sleep and Charge USB port, you'll be able to charge your smart phone, MP3 player, and other portable electronics--all without having to keep your laptop awake.
- Hard Drive Impact Sensor takes the worry out of taking your most important files and multimedia on the go. Able to detect sudden movement along three different dimensions, the impact sensor (a complex system of hardware and software) helps safeguard your data by "parking" the hard drive heads in the event of a drop or sudden movement. And it works faster than you can blink to help protect your laptop and all-important data.
- Up to 5.15 hours of battery life (6-cell battery; 48 Wh)
- Dimensions & Weight: 11.2 x 8.2 x 1.03 inches (WxDxH); 3.5 pounds
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
- 3 total USB ports with 1 eSATA/USB combo port that also features Sleep and Charge capabilities. The combo eSATA/USB port enables you to connect to compatible external hard drives for lightning fast transfers of large multimedia files--up to 5 times faster than via a standard USB port.
- HDMI high-definition audio/video output allows a single cable to transmit uncompressed high-definition video to your compatible digital TV or external monitor.
- VGA video output (analog, RGB)
- Microphone and headphone jacks
- Multi-format memory card reader compatible with Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, Multi Media Card
- Fast Ethernet (10/100)
What's in the box
This package contains the Toshiba Satellite T215D-S1160 notebook PC, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, and operating instructions.
It also comes with the following software:
Norton Internet Security 2011 (30-day trial); Microsoft Office Starter 2010; Google Toolbar; Microsoft Windows Media Player 12; Microsoft Silverlight; Intuit Quickbooks Financial Center (trial); Toshiba PC Health Monitor; Toshiba Online Backup (30-day trial)
This laptop is backed by a 1-year limited hardware warranty.
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Pre-installed with the Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium operating system (64-bit version), you'll be able to easily create a home network and share all of your favorite photos, videos, and music. Windows 7 is the easiest, fastest, and most engaging version of Windows yet. Better ways to find and manage files, like Jump Lists and improved taskbar previews, help you speed through everyday tasks. Windows 7 is designed for faster and more reliable performance, so your PC just works the way you want it to.
And with Windows Anytime Upgrade, you'll be able to add new features to your PC in as little as 10 minutes. Windows will walk you through the simple upgrade process, it requires no software or downloads, and you'll keep your existing programs, files, and settings
- Energy Star 5.0 certified
- Gold EPEAT designation for meeting standards to help reduce its environmental impact.
- RoHS compliant effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances
Learn more about Toshiba's environmental commitment.
25th Anniversary of Toshiba Laptops
This year, Toshiba celebrates its 25th anniversary of innovations and quality in the notebook PC business. Beginning with the launch of the Toshiba T1100, the world's first clamshell-type, fully functional laptop PC, Toshiba has led the with such innovations as the first laptop with a color monitor in 1991 and a laptop with integrated CD-ROM drive in 1995 (followed by the addition of a DVD drive in 1998). And in 2009, Toshiba unveiled the world's first ultraportable laptop with 512GB solid state drive.
Today, Toshiba continues to be a leader in manufacturing, with virtually all of its consumer laptops earning EPEAT Gold status for meeting standards that help reduce overall environmental impact.