5.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba
Great computer fast works good light weight afforadable. My Third Toshiba and I love this one more than the last. They keep getting better.
Published 18 months ago by NANCY C. STICKEL

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst customer support ever
Published 23 months ago by Dan

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst customer support ever, September 3, 2012
This review is from: Toshiba Satellite U845-S404 14.0-Inch Ultrabook (Sky Silver) (Personal Computers)
At first I loved it. 3 whole weeks of computer bliss before the first pixel went. Then a while line of pixels. I called them and they said it was definitely under warranty and to send it to the Toshiba repair center. They told me to back it up - when I turned it on to do that the screen looked even worse! It was basically a crappy screen death spiral. After 3 weeks of thinking about it they said it was not under warranty and I would have to pay them $600 to fix it. After 7 hours on the phone with them I called Amazon. The AMAZING people at Amazon took it back!! Toshiba almost cost me the Toshiba refund because even when I asked for them to return it to me broken so that I could return it to Amazon, they lied about when they shipped it, lied about the shipping method. It took 3 weeks to be returned. This was my 3rd Toshiba and probably 10th that I have participated in the purchase of / recommended (parents, grandparents, aunts/uncles)... it was also my LAST. Lessons learned: only buy computers from Amazon; never buy Toshiba.

1.0 out of 5 stars Screen mysteriously cracked, August 21, 2012
Do not buy Toshiba. Screen just all of a sudden cracked. Bought from Best Buy and they refused to even look at it because they said Toshiba was the only company that would not accept them sending it. Toshiba wanted to deal directly with the customer. Toshiba won't replace or fix even though it was within warranty. Spent a LOT of time on the phone trying to get them to fix my computer and they said the warranty does not cover a cracked screen no matter what. Horrible computer, even worse customer service.

See link for others who have had the same problem:
[...]

1.0 out of 5 stars Never buy a Toshiba, November 19, 2012
I have owned many Toshiba laptops...the one I have now is only 2 years old and won't start anymore. I checked Toshiba Forums and many others have the same problem. Toshiba wants $119 to diagnose it and $354 to fix the motherboard. At that point, I would just buy another laptop...of course never a Toshiba again. Trust me...stay away from this brand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Computer but ethernet port is only running at100 speed, January 28, 2013
Purchased from Amazon July 2012. Enjoyed Traveling with computer light weight and good battery life. Miss the numeric key pad and the mouse pad buttons do not work if you are touching the other mouse pad button. Only surprise was the slow ethernet port. 100 speed is ok, but seems like it should be 1000 speed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba, January 20, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Severe power issues, July 24, 2012
Todd K. Moeller (Los Alamos, NM United States) - See all my reviews
My toshiba laptop had severe issues with power. The battery drains rapidly and, for reasons I can't explain, the battery will randomly stop charging. As a result I will shut the computer to let it charge only to find it completely drained when I returned. Of course it is outside the warranty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, June 29, 2013
It works really good, I haven't had any problem with my laptop. It is fast and easy to carry wherever I go

3.0 out of 5 stars Great computer, terrible keyboard, February 17, 2013
pros:
price
power
screen
nice touchpad

cons:
worst keyboard i have ever tried to use.
toshiba support
items on screen can be seen small

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible tech support, July 22, 2012
Toshiba computer out of warranty when problem developed with their software. Had to pay $75 for tech support, which eventually caused the whole unit to crash! Would not refund $75 even though I lost everytthing becasue of them.

Rate and Discover Movies