Introducing the Thrive Tablet by Toshiba, powered by Android 3.1 (Honeycomb), offering a better way to browse the web, enjoy e-books and HD videos, play games, listen to music and more. Complete, convenient and customizable, it's everything a tablet can and should be, with a gorgeous 10.1-inch diagonal high-res multi-touch widescreen display, features you can personalize and speedy performance so you can multitask your way through your digital life (and favorite entertainment) with ease.
The Toshiba Thrive Tablet featuring the power of Android 3.1 and the NVIDIA Tegra 2 mobile processor (see larger image
Your Entertainment Hub
The Thrive tablet lets you enjoy and organize all your favorite music and videos in one convenient, portable place. Rock out on the go using its stereo speakers with Toshiba sound enhancements or built-in headphone jack--or plug in to our convenient Toshiba Multi-Dock (sold separately) to connect your own sound system. Use its built-in HDMI port to watch your videos on any compatible HD display. And thanks to our preloaded Toshiba Media Player, keeping your collection organized is easier than ever.
With Adaptive Display technology, the 10.1-inch HD display looks great anywhere--even in direct sunlight (see larger image
The pre-loaded PrinterShare application makes it easy to connect to a printer over a wireless network (see larger image
Give all those movies a makeover with Resolution+ video enhancement technology--Toshiba's exclusive innovation that instantly improves sharpness and color on standard-definition content, for visuals that look and feel more like HD. Toshiba's Adaptive Display technology ensures that you get the best visual experience, automatically adjusting the display's brightness and color to the lighting environment--making it readable even on the sunniest parts of the patio. Plus, you can use the tablet's built-in HDMI port to share your favorite videos on any compatible HDTV.
Offering serious horsepower for its size, the Thrive tablet is powered by the world's first mobile super-chip, NVIDIA Tegra 2. Enjoy extreme multi-tasking with the first mobile dual-core processor, plus hardware-accelerated Adobe Flash and console-quality gaming with visuals powered by NVIDIA GeForce--so you can enjoy your favorite games, thrill to high-def video and much more.
Android 3.1, Honeycomb Operating System
Smile. Because this tablet quite simply delivers everything on the Android platform. It's founded on the tablet-optimized Android 3.1 (a.k.a., Honeycomb), designed from the ground up to improve your experience with devices just like this.
Dual Front and Back Cameras
The Thrive tablet gives you plenty of options with two onboard cameras. Use its convenient 2-MP front webcam and built-in microphone to video-chat with clarity, while its 5-MP auto-focus rear camera lets you capture photos and video in beautiful high-definition (HD 720p).
Easy Grip Finish
Now it's easier than ever to get a grip on your fast-paced mobile life--and grab some well-earned attention, too. This slip-resistant, rubberized surface is comfortable to hold, so you'll never miss a beat when chatting or emailing on the run. It's also available in your choice of six vibrant colors (sold separately), making it easy to personalize the look of your tablet.
Tons of Connectivity Options
Feel free to transfer and share files with your other gear and many of today's most popular gadgets, courtesy of USB 2.0, mini USB, and HDMI ports on your Thrive tablet. Plus you can use its full-size SD card slot to easily view photos and movies, or connect wirelessly to any compatible device with built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
| Display |
10.1-inch LED-backlit capacitive multi-touch display (1280 x 800 pixels; 16:10 aspect ratio) Processor & Graphics
1 GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core mobile processor with GeForce graphics Storage
8 GB internal flash memory Memory
1 GB internal DDR2 memory Wireless
Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) plus Bluetooth 3.0 Audio
Built-in stereo speakers with SRS Premium Voice Suite Weight and Dimensions
1.6 pounds; 10.75 x 0.62 x 6.97 inches (WxDxH) Sensors & Location
GPS, gyroscope, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, digital compass
| Multimedia Playback |
- Adobe Flash support
- Audio compatibility: MP3, WMA, AAC, eAAC+, Ogg Vorbis, WAVE
- Video compatibility: MPEG4, H.263, H.264
| Ports & Expansion |
- HDMI port (full-sized) for 720p video output
- 2 USB ports (1 full-sized, 1 mini-USB)
- Dock connector port
- 3.5mm stereo headphone jack
- Secure Digital (SD) card slot, compatible with SD, SDHC, and SDXC media
Toshiba Thrive Accessories
| || |
- Toshiba Thrive Back Cover: Personalize your Thrive Tablet with a user-interchangeable rubberized back cover available in your choice of five vibrant colors: Silver Sky, Blue Moon, Green Apple, Raspberry Fusion, and Lavender Bliss
- Toshiba Thrive Battery Pack: Unlike other tablets, the Thrive Tablet battery is user-replaceable--no need to send it back to the manufacturer to be replaced. Simply remove the back cover and switch it out in seconds.
- Toshiba Thrive Global AC Adapter: A second AC adapter for your Thrive Tablet--at home and/or at work--makes power access convenient and tailored to your needs
- Toshiba Thrive Multi-Dock Docking Station: Store, view and charge your Toshiba Tablet--quickly and conveniently--with a customized Thrive Tablet dock featuring two USB ports as well as a HDMI output for connecting to a compatible HD monitor or HDTV
- Toshiba Thrive Standard Docking Station: Keep your Thrive Tablet safe and secure while optimizing everyday productivity. This standard docking station includes a USB port plus audio output