Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Toshiba Z935-P300 Portege Ultrabook 13.3" Laptop - 4GB DDR3 Memory - 128GB SSD - Intel Core i5-3317U
Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 27, 2012
My beloved Sony Vaio that weighed only 3 lbs. died after about 5 or 6 years of hard travel and I've been looking for a travel computer ever since. I bought a netbook and it was so slow that I didn't want to use it. Then I read an article about the new ultrabooks and decided to have a look. After checking all of them and reading many reviews, I decided the Toshiba Portege ultrabook was the best choice for me. I have the Portege Z935-P300 and there are probably newer models now but this one is perfect. It was the lightest of the ones I reviewed. It weighs in at 2.5 lbs, actually lighter than my former travel computer.

Some reviews of an earlier model complained about the hinge making it difficult to open without cracking the screen. I have not had any problem so suspect Toshiba has changed the hinge. Mine is a center hinge but runs nearly the full length of the computer. There has been no twisting or cracking of the screen. I packed it in a fairly light canvas briefcase (to keep weight down) and dragged it all over Europe for a month with no problems. It's light enough I could run up and down stairs with it just like a tablet except I could close the top and not worry about finger prints or scratches.

It does not have an optical drive and although I have an external optical drive, I didn't take it on my last trip instead taking a flash drive for backups. That worked just fine and saved a few ounces in my luggage.

It is very fast, boots up in 11 seconds (our engineer daughter timed it). It connects to wifi easily; I had no problems in all sorts of strange places. The battery lasts as long as I could want it too. I had it on battery for 6 hours one day and it was still going strong. I charged it when I had the chance because I never knew what was coming next so I wanted the full battery life.

It is a tough, light, fast computer and better for me than a tablet because I like the full keyboard. It's nice to be able to close it too.

I highly recommend it.
on December 4, 2012
Bought on Black Friday sale for 699.00.
Lightning fast SSD drive although only 128gb, comes with 4gb of RAM (2 fixed) which Toshiba says is upgradable to 6gb. I bought an 8gb stick from Amazon for 40.00 which was a simple install (you need a 7 torx wrench to remove the middle screw)and windows recognized it!
Now a fast computer is lightning fast!
Only downside is the 1366 x 768 screen but I still think it's an awesome deal for the money.
on December 8, 2012
I really like this Laptop. As I say in the title it's everithing you expect from an ultrabook and for a good price. I would only mark as a con the size of the SSD. With Windows 8 and Office Pack you get only 64gb free that it's enough for your jobs perhaps but not for media storage if you want to use it.
on February 8, 2013
I shopped for an Ultrabook for about two months. After testing several products, I decidd on the Toshiba. It is an excellent machine! Light, fast and the SSD makes for super fast strat up and shut down.
on March 13, 2015
great laptop, fast, super thin and light, BUT, the wifi constantly cuts out. i have to reconnect to my network every so often. i've own 3 toshiba portege since 2008. everyone of them had some sort of minor issue. lots of pros, a few minor cons. this one is no different. as for the wifi issue, i've learned to tolerate it. i can always attach an external wifi adapter in the future. other than that, i've not experienced any other issues.
on May 20, 2014
I bought two Toshiba Z935-P300 Portege Ultrabook 13.3" Laptops at different times. One blue screened at a month, luckily the warranty covered it. The other one at 15 months and out of warranty, blue screened and went down hill from there. Toshiba wants $390 for a "major repair" and fees go up depanding on the problem. I love the light weight design, great keyboard with backlight, but everything is plastic and both laptops have small fractures by the hinges. These laptops were rarely off the desk and should last at least three years before replacing. Toshiba designs their products to fail just after the warranty expires forcing consumer to purchase again. Buyer beware,
on April 30, 2013
I was looking for a slim, affordable laptop with a good battery life. This met all of those requests. I am satisfied, but there are a few drawbacks:
Sound quality leaves a bit to be desired on mid to high levels
Hard drive memory space is small
There's a bit of a learning curve when typing on the keyboard
Only 3 USB ports
Other than that, I've got no complaints. Battery life is excellent, although I've only had it for a month or so. It is visually appealing: think of it as a MacBook Air for a few hundred dollars less. 8/10 would buy again
on December 12, 2012
This laptop is perfect except for one thing: about 20% of the time, the spacebar does not register the key press. Every other key seems fine. I saw another review somewhere that complained about the same thing, so it may be a design flaw.
on December 20, 2013
I gave this computer to my daughter last year for a Holiday present. She is an engineering student. She told me that this one of her favorite presents - ever. It has not blue-screened, it has not had a power source issue, it has not failed in any manner. One issue that has come up is the Office has 'expired' she said and I have to research that - I thought I bought the Office for it. I would have not given her a computer without Office as they do many engineering projects which require a slideshow or excel or word documents.
on February 19, 2013
After much searching on the Internet, see review, compare teams for their configuration, price and other
I finally left with this ultrabook
really could not believe the weight of this equipment was either light
and he brought everything one requires
* rj45 network port
* HDMI connector
* Multiple USB ports
* USB port for charging the device even in hibernation
* backlit keyboard