Libretto W105: When a Single Screen Is Simply Not Enough
The next generation in ultra-mobile computing, the Toshiba Libretto W105 goes beyond tablets and netbooks to deliver a full Windows 7 experience that's accessed across two 7-inch multi-touch screens. Featuring a durable 1.8-pound clamshell design on the outside and the horsepower of an Intel Pentium processor on the inside, the Libretto W105 helps you stay productive on the go as well as allow you to enjoy games, e-books, movies, music, and TV wherever you roam.
You can stretch your windows across both displays or see two windows on each screen, and navigate with intuitive multi-touch control. The versatile Libretto W105 also provides full typing comfort courtesy of virtual keyboards--choose from six modes, including Simple, Full, Thumb, and even a 10-key pad.
The Libretto W105 (model W105-L251) is powered by Windows 7 Home Premium and comes equipped with an Intel Pentium processor, 2 GB of fast DDR3 memory and a 62 GB solid state drive--plenty of horsepower for enjoying rich Internet and multimedia content. Built-in connectivity features--including 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth--give you the flexibility to connect from any hotspot or pair the device with their favorite wireless accessories, such as a mouse, headphones and more.
Engineered for the ultimate in carrying comfort and handheld performance, it's equipped with a spacious solid state drive for storing and sharing your files, along with music, photos and clips. And it's encased in a black metallic finish.
Innovative Design for On-the-Go Multitasking
With an ultra-portable weight of just 1.8 pounds, the Libretto W105 is designed to deliver a rich Internet experience, multimedia playback and the freedom to multitask--just like a standard laptop--but with the advantage of two 7-inch touchscreens to work, watch and play on. The multi-touch screens can work independently or together, giving you the flexibility to decide how they want to use them. Surf the Web on one screen while checking e-mail on the other, view two documents simultaneously or view a Web page across both screens. A built-in 3D accelerometer allows the Libretto W105 to rotate into portrait or landscape modes, making the device look and feel more like a book, newspaper or magazine.
The traditional clamshell design allows the device to fold up for easier portability, while protecting the screens from breaks and scratches. Measuring a mere 4.84 inches by 7.95 inches when closed, the device fits easily into almost any bag or jacket pocket.
Carry the Libretto W105 PC and you're done with wires. The Wireless-N Wi-Fi puts you in touch from any hotspot, and the integrated Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity lets you lose the cords when using headphones, speakers, or a mouse. A built-in webcam empowers you to chat face-to-face all over the place.
Go-Anywhere Windows 7 Performance
Powered by Windows 7 Home Premium, this ultra mobile PC offers familiar navigation and full multimedia capabilities. Perfect for multitasking, the energy-efficient Intel Pentium processor helps you take advantage of all the Windows applications you commonly use--including productivity apps like Microsoft Office and video chat like Skype--as well as a wide range of multimedia.
You can also easily share, stream and synchronize your files and multimedia through your home network or cloud. And it comes with a USB port and built-in memory reader so you can transfer files to and from external hard drives and other peripherals.
Simplified Navigation and Premium Apps
The Libretto W105 features six virtual keyboard modes plus a virtual touchpad. The keyboards feature haptic technology, providing sensory feedback when the keys are selected, making typing fast, accurate and easy. Keyboard modes include simple, full, numeric 10-key, and split thumb mode keyboard styles, providing you with options to fit your own personal style or suit the task at hand.
To make navigation as easy as possible, the Libretto W105 includes several premium Toshiba apps that enhance the computing experience:
- Toshiba Bulletin Board gives users greater personalization of their desktops with fast access to daily activities, tasks and projects, plus the ability to drag and drop photos, videos, links, documents and application shortcuts into one place.
- Toshiba ReelTime helps users easily find files based on when they were opened with a simple visual history. With the flick of a finger, quickly scroll through automatically generated previews of documents, photos, videos and more, filter by file type or use the calendar to go back weeks or months.
- File Browser makes it easier to access file folders and applications. Quick access to the apps and keyboards are easily accessible via on-screen icons.
- Dual 7-inch widescreen, multi-touch TruBrite LCD screens, each with LED backlighting, screen rotation with 3D accelerometer, and 1024 x 600-pixel resolution.
- 1.2 GHz Intel Pentium U5400 ultra-low voltage processor (3 MB L2 cache) offers two cores of processing power and features Intel SpeedStep technology, helping your system to dynamically adjust processor voltage and core frequency to decrease power consumption and heat production.
- 64 GB Serial ATA solid state drive is free of moving parts and almost two times faster than conventional drives. You can load an entire game onto the solid state drive, then sit back and enjoy the fun with no gaps in the action.
- 2 GB of installed DDR3 RAM (800 Mhz; maximum capacity)
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n) for ultra-fast connectivity to home and business networks.
- Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity enables you to communicate and synchronize wirelessly with Bluetooth-enabled peripherals such as printers and cell phones.
- 1.0-megapixel HD webcam with Face Recognition capabilities providing a more convenient way to communicate, log on, and share your Libretto W105 with colleagues or other family members--Toshiba Face Recognition lets you switch profiles with one simple look.
- One USB 2.0 port
- Memory card reader compatible with microSD/microSDHC cards
- One headphone jack
- Windows 7 Home Premium (32-bit) makes it easy to create a home network and share all of your favorite photos, videos, and music.
- 8-cell battery for long on-the-go usage away from the AC adapter.
- Dimensions: 7.95 x 4.84 x 1.2 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 1.8 pounds
- Energy Star 5.0 certified
- Gold EPEAT designation for meeting standards to help reduce its environmental impact.
- RoHS compliant effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances
See the complete environmental report card for the Libretto W105.
What's in the Box
This package contains the Toshiba Libretto W105-L251, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, and operating instructions.
This year, Toshiba celebrates its 25th anniversary of innovations and quality in the notebook PC business. Beginning with the launch of the Toshiba T1100, the world's first clamshell-type, fully functional laptop PC, Toshiba has led the with such innovations as the first laptop with a color monitor in 1991 and a laptop with integrated CD-ROM drive in 1995 (followed by the addition of a DVD drive in 1998). And in 2009, Toshiba unveiled the world's first ultraportable laptop with 512GB solid state drive.
Today, Toshiba continues to be a leader in manufacturing, with virtually all of its consumer laptops earning EPEAT Gold status for meeting standards that help reduce overall environmental impact.