5.0 out of 5 stars You should have seen it!
Published on January 28, 2010 by Amy

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality product.
Published on October 4, 2010 by docmom

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality product., October 4, 2010
This review is from: Tot Tutors Kids' Table and 4-Chair Set, Primary Wood (Kitchen)
We bought this table and chairs for my son's playroom, little over a month ago. It is very cute, and was simple to assemble. However, just a month of use (and this is not even daily use) and the chairs are all falling apart, the table is so wobbly that I had to take it to a storage area today as I was afraid they would get hurt on it, and one of the chairs is splitting on the side. I know that things can loosen up over time, but this is far from what I would consider to be acceptable. My son is 2 1/2, his playmate is 2. Adults are not sitting on these. It just seems like poor construction, we have tightened these up a few times already, but last night seeing the state of these was shocking. I wish now that I had spent the extra money to buy a better set. I believe this will be in the trash in less than a month.

I am adding to my review as now one of the chairs has completely broken. I called the company, Tot Tutors, and there was not even a person to speak with, just an answering machine. I left my name and number along with the issue we have had and have not received a call back. My first call was over a week ago, and my second call was today. I am so disappointed in this product and company, I will never purchase another Tot Tutor product. Total waste of money, would NEVER recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars You should have seen it!, January 28, 2010
Amy (Petersburg, IL United States) - See all my reviews
We put it together last night after our 2 and half year old twins went to bed. Everything went together well. Real wood, great colors, no need to bring your own tools. :) When our children came down this morning and saw their own table and chair set, they had to test every chair! They are in love with it and so am I. The quality of this product is excellent. I don't think I could have made a better choice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, no wobbles, better looking than picture, January 31, 2011
I wanted a really nice (and expensive) table and 2 chair set that happened to be sold out. This was a 'it'll have to do' purchase and now I have no plans of replacing it. The picture doesn't do it justice, the table itself is a very nice color and looks like a higher quality wood than the stock photo leads you to believe. No, it's not a $200 name brand set, but it's a good deal for the price and you get 4 chairs. I'd read reviews that say some fell apart, wobbled, etc. so I made sure my husband took his time putting it together. We've only had it a few months but the chairs have been dragged all over and used by big and little kids alike, and no wobbles.
I'd been worried that the opening on the back of the chairs would be too wide and the littlest one might fall through, but again the pic is misleading. They've been perfect and the skinny cross piece at the top makes it easy for little hands to drag the chairs from the bedroom to the living room to the kitchen... maybe not such a good thing :) but we love it, highly recommended.

A few weeks ago the little one found a sharpie and decorated a couple chairs and the table top. One magic eraser later, the chairs are spotless, but the wood grain on the table top was a little harder to get into and you can still see where the marks were. But it was a SHARPIE! I can't believe it came off the chairs at all. Still highly recommend this set.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to put together and great for little ones, September 30, 2010
I got this for my little one (23 months old) as a place for him to have his own workspace. I checked online for all sorts of options and picked this one for 2 reasons - the price, really reasonable for 4 chairs) and the color.

The product came neatly packed inside a box that was easy to open. I loved that each piece was wrapped individually to protect it from scuffs and dings. The instructions were easy to follow and I was so proud of myself for putting it together (you will need a screwdriver). The pieces are light enough that my little one "helped" hold the pieces in place as I screwed in the nails. He even had fun using the allen wrench.

The table is a great size for 2 kids to doodle together. I really can't imagine 4 kiddos together. It's the right size for toddlers. The chairs are sturdy that I don't have to worry about my son tipping backwards when he's trying to sit in it. I can see us using the table as the "kiddie table" for dinner parties. Cleans really easily with a wet cloth.

We've actually put a chair with our coffee table so he has another "workspace"

Currently, we have bungeed art paper roll holder to a chair. and then another bungee cord wrapped around the top of the table to hold the paper in place so he has his drawing station. The size of the table is perfect for the size of the paper, and as he wants more, he just pulls and gets a new space to doodle on.

Check out the photo in the image gallery.

I am really happy with this product, i'm happy with the quality. The finish of the table doesn't look cheap - like some veneer wood pieces can look - the chairs are really vibrant and everything looks like the photo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Playhouse, June 23, 2010
This was extremely easy to put together, and none of the chairs wobbled on our set. Everything seems really sturdy and toddler-proof (no scratches yet with all the scraping and banging, etc.). My 3-1/2 year old son and 22-month old daughter have no problem getting in or out of the chairs, and everything is the perfect height for them to play "kitchen" in their playhouse. I love that the colors are not gender-specific, and it's the perfect size for friends to come and play too. It's great for small rooms since it doesn't take up too much space.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall, a good table and chair set, August 8, 2011
We have owned this set for over a year and have been pleased with it. It makes a great place to do crafts, puzzles, or story time. The furniture is solid, however, you do have to go back and tighten all the bolts regularly, they do loosen with use. We have found the chairs useful in other parts of the house too, our oldest loves to take one to the coffee table when he wants to play in the living room. The only problem I have with this set it the paint durability. After some rough treatment, the chairs are a little banged up, and the table top was covered in scratches and markers. We ended up doing an art project to refurbish the table top. Still, I don't think there is any paint that can stand up well to two little boys, so I'm not too bothered by the damage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic furniture, April 9, 2013
I actually purchased this set from Toys R Us but we have liked it so much I wanted to leave a review. My toddler loves it. It's colorful, sturdy and perfect for her size. It was easy to put together and has been very easy to clean. She isn't easy on it either but it has yet to scratch or break. I will be looking for other Tot Tutor products because of it.

4.0 out of 5 stars better for carpet - nice little set, November 24, 2009
my only complaint is that every single one of the chairs has uneven length legs. this means that on our kitchen floor they all wobble a little and are a bit tricky for our fifteen-month-old to climb up and balance on. but in his bedroom, where there's carpet, they are fine and he loves them. easy to assemble. nice bright colours. sturdy. seem to be withstanding having toys etc banged on them all day.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but not the sturdiest, June 20, 2014
I really love how this set looks. It's so cute and the perfect size. It was easy to assemble and the kids loved it. However the chairs loosen very quickly. We are constantly tightening the hardware every 7-10 days. Our table doesn't have this problem, just the chairs. We had this set about a year before the a chair broke. We've had this set two years now and three chairs have broken. The hardware becomes so loose that if you fail to keep it tightened it puts pressure on the tiny nails and then the chairs break apart. I'm thinking about going to the hardware store to buy small nails so they can be assembled permanently, or maybe just see if I can find another set of chairs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine., February 2, 2014
This colorful set up is just right for our toddler and she will be able to grow into it for many years. Perfect for coloring, painting or even eating a snack. I'm very pleased with this table and chairs. I gave it a 4 star because the price.