Questions & Answers
Weider Total Body Works 5000 Gym
by Weider
4.2 out of 5 stars (486)
$266.93
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 35 questions
votes
I had the same problem at first. There's a knob at the bottom of the machine near the footplate (the diagram in the manual calls it the "short knob"); you need to pull this knob out and then slide the base of the machine out so that it extends fully. If nothing moves when you pull the knob, jiggle it a bit and keep pulling. It's a bit sticky but if you keep at it, you'll get it. It's easier to do with two people, but I managed it by myself too. Once you extend the machine, keep pulling until the short knob snaps back into a hole near the top--just keep looking for a hole in the metal bars. When the machine is fully extended, the seat will slide back and forth like it's supposed to. Hope this helps.
May 2, 2006 by Peter
vote
Seat board size? Apr 9, 2007
About 45 L x 13 W
Apr 20, 2007 by SirBrad
votes
No leg cuffs, that is a new innovation for the total gym. Perhaps they will add them in the future? I also wish my machine had dip bars as well, but I can't really complain about all I can do for the price. I also like the total gym's new handle, as the cables do not pull down on your arms as much, if any. But the bottom plate still works well enough for lower body exercises.
Jun 16, 2006 by SirBrad
votes
I would do them every other day, or upper body one day lower body another. I would take rest days though and do cardio in between. I use the exercises on the total gym site and alternate down the list for different muscle groups.
Jul 18, 2010 by SirBrad
votes
I had a Total Gym 1000 a few years ago. It folded up but it was a bit of a job (I'm 6', 205 & fairly strong.) This product seems slightly heavier than the current Total Gyms in this price range, but is half the cost. If you can afford the price difference maybe you should go with what you know. When you get used to either and in decent shape I bet either will be a snap. I think I'm going to try the Weider.
Jan 15, 2010 by Tim
votes
Only if you use it.....
Dec 6, 2012 by Scott
votes
I don't think there is a difference, mine has the logo on the seat as well. I just think the picture is an older version that did not have the logo. Looks the same to me.
Jul 21, 2007 by SirBrad
votes
Simply reverse the instructions here to get it folded. Pull the pin to lower it down flat, while holding the machine up at the same time so it does not just drop. Then go down to the bottom of the machine and tilt it up and the seat will then slide down towards the top, keep raising it upsid down until you can then pull the other pin out, and push the bottom pipes back down inside the machine until it snaps in. Then set machine back down, and it is now ready to be stored right side up, or upside down. Plcae cable behind it and tuck in handles under the seat, this workks well for me.
Apr 20, 2007 by SirBrad
votes
Wrap a 25 pound weight plate in a towel and put on the glide board with you when you workout. Also check you tube there is guy who added a weight bar to an older total gym glide board. The same thing might be possible on the Weider TB 5000. You can use the resistant bands also.
Aug 28, 2012 by Soehlig
votes
I measured mine just now. It is actually only 58 inches while folded flat. The bars come off the top, and you use pins to hold them in place if you want. It is not too heavy to move around actually, all you have to do is stand it up, grab the top of the bars that run down vertically, and lift it up against your chest to move it around. Just keep your fingers out of the top bars running parallel. Stores great standing up against the wall. It is about 17 inches wide at the legs, and 7 inches thick. It is 88 inches long at it's fullest decline, but it will get shorter as you raise it up. So you really do not need to worry about this length. At the highest incline it is about 79 inches long.
Jun 16, 2006 by SirBrad
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers