5.0 out of 5 stars Flirting for smarties! Violet always delivers.
Flirting for Dummies? I think not. The techniques Violet includes in this are tips and trick that work for those of us who are Flirting Femme Fatales and for those of us who are Flirting Beginners, too. All of Violet's books are for sassy and smart women who want it all - like me!

Published on January 29, 2011 by Chrystal

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Ideas, but Limited Scope
Published on March 20, 2011 by Fuji

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Ideas, but Limited Scope, March 20, 2011
Fuji (California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Total Flirt: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques Every Girl Needs to Get the Guy (Kindle Edition)
The book comes with a lot of good ideas, but I personally feel that the author has boxed her audience into categories, which is great if you fall into any of them or any combination of them, but bad if you don't. She approaches almost all of her tips from within those categories (if you are ____, then____), which is useful to do as an examples section for each chapter, but these categories pretty much dominate her whole book.

I took her quiz and scored "none of the above" for almost every question. I am not shy and a sweetheart like her first category, but I am also not going to jump on the next guy that walks in the door... which is pretty much the next step up from being a sweetheart in the author's eyes. With so much diversity among women out there, approaching all women using only 4 stereotypical categories is a very, very bad idea.

I downloaded this book because it was free, and I could recommend the same as long as it is free. Otherwise, before you pay for this book, take the quiz to find out what type of flirt you are but add "none of the above" as a line for each question. If you find that you are circling "none of the above" more often than any of the choices, this is probably not the book for you.

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of time, but not of money, May 21, 2011
I'm glad this book was free. Much of it is filler, and what little advice it offers can be incredibly inane and counterproductive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flirting for smarties! Violet always delivers., January 29, 2011

I love the 5 elements of the wordless seduction and how to hypnotize him with your hands. And, I love the reminder that there are all kinds of flirting styles and reasons to flirt. Flirting is healthy for you and all flirting does not have to end in a one night stand or even a date. Flirting is a very fun and sometimes intense way to interact with another person - male or female. It's fun for everyone and maked everyone feel ab fab!

Don't miss the chapter on reading body language and how to pay attention to your own body language so you are giving off the right signals. Fantastic handbook for flirting newbies and flirting vixens. Another awesome book from Voilet Blue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing but good things can come of this book., February 1, 2011
I usually do not post reviews but I seem compelled to this time around. I initially got this book to fine tune some of my flirting skills and instead enjoyed an easy read and learned some valuable life skills as the same time.

Violet cuts to the chase and give you the power to own yourself and use the power you already have inside of you. I found an new inner voice that gave me a greater self confidence not only in flirting but in business as well. You should see how I enter a room now. Thanks for the new walk. Ally McBeal would be jealous. My inner soundtrack is way better than hers.

I also believe this book would really benefit women who are getting out and dating again after a dry spell. I know a few friends who are going to get a copy if you know what I mean.

Reading Total Flirt felt like I was getting the inside scoop from a trusted friend. Like Oprah's Gayle. You know Gayle would not steer Oprah wrong and neither will Violet with this book.

So I know have that "take no prisoners--unless they're cute. Then I'm the warden" attitude.

Thank you for leveling the playing field for us girls. Ladies we all should have this book in our arsenal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flirting the Fun and Fabulous Way!, January 29, 2011
You just spotted an incredibly cute guy across the room. But, you feel too timid and shy to approach him. Or, you're doubting your mojo, because you feel like your game is played out. Violet Blue is here to help with a brand new, amazing book called Total Flirt: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques Every Girl Needs to Get the Guy. It is a modern, fun and informative book that gives even the most reticent girl the skills and advice she needs to snag that hottie at the end of the bar or sitting beside her on the subway.

Don't know where to begin? Violet Blue makes it simple. Take the quiz at the start of the book and determine your flirting style. (I'm a `Sweetheart'--but you could also be a Diva, Femme Fatale or my personal favorite, Ruler of All Mankind. Or, maybe you a little bit of all of them!) Worried about saying the wrong thing? Don't! Just go to the chapter on wordless flirting and break the ice without uttering a syllable. There are also stellar tips on feeling sexy, flirting in the tech age and how to avoid those flirting pitfalls that every girl falls victim to.

The book is small enough to stash in a purse, for quick reference. If carrying a real book just isn't your style, there's a more modern way to get help! That's right, there is also the Total Flirt App for help with any flirting situation that might come your way, right on your mobile device. What could be better?

So, for those women out there looking for the best way to approach the guy of their dreams, or just looking for confidence when chatting up men, buy this book. Then, let the flirting fun begin!

1.0 out of 5 stars ....ridiculously boring, March 29, 2011
Thank the Lord I got this for free! I swear! the pretty pink color on the cover hypnotised me!!

I actually sat down all serious ready to get some "tips and tricks", but all I got was some "moves" I learned from my mama anyways (and not in a nice way). "stand up straight and maintain eye contact"...seriously...doesn't everybody know this...

1.0 out of 5 stars Please, June 17, 2011
txeggplant "txeggplant" (Syracuse, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This was a free Kindle book or nearly free and I think I paid too much for it.

There is no earth-shattering information in here. If you are at all socially adept, you'll be past this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little book for anybody who wants a little flirty fun, July 7, 2011
The naysayers just need to chill out. Yes, there are some really silly bits in this book (like choosing a flirt name) but come on people, it's meant to otherwise uptight or shy folks who want to, how to loosen up and have some good, clean (or dirty!) fun. This book is nothing like The Game (I've read it), which teaches men who are sheep how to put on wolves' clothing and trick women into sleeping with them.

I am a confident, strong, independent, smart woman who has no problem attracting men. Although I knew quite a few bits of what was in it already (body/beauty/dress prep), I got this book because hey, I don't know everything and...

- I wanted to see if I could learn a thing or two and put these tips & tricks to good use.
- I also wanted to see how much fun I could have just trying out these new skills.
- I also needed a classier way of disarming d*bag "pick up artists" and other wanna-be PUAs who always seem to find me when I least expect it.

The book was a fast and easy read. Even before I was done, I conducted some very simple flirting tests to see what would happen.

Day 1: no flirting, closed/unapproachable body language with a couple of hot guys.
Day 2: employed 3 techniques from Chapter 3 with those same hot guys.
Day 3: one cute guy from Day 2 showing me I was successful by exhibiting behavior as listed in Chapter 7.
Day 4: Said guy eating from the palm of my hand.

So for less than $10 and a few hours of reading, I learned some new things, had some fun and have a potential new "midnight snack" on the horizon. I can't wait to get my flirty fun on in other venues!

Thanks Violet Blue, you rock!

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh and learn, March 21, 2011
This was such an enjoyable and quick read. I laughed out loud at many parts, which is something I rarely do with a book. There were actually many good tips and tricks that I would never have thought of trying. Don't know if I'm actually up for the "pussycat walk", but we'll see. If you're looking for a fun read where you might learn something, this book is for you. I would highly recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars What a waste of time!, April 1, 2011
Wow, was this a horrible book. Nothing useful. Not even mildly funny. Such a disappointment! Was hoping to laugh and maybe learn some new skills. No such luck. Don't waste your time or money on this one

Rate and Discover Movies