Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts for Her Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Classics and Essentials in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now DOTD

on March 20, 2011
The book comes with a lot of good ideas, but I personally feel that the author has boxed her audience into categories, which is great if you fall into any of them or any combination of them, but bad if you don't. She approaches almost all of her tips from within those categories (if you are ____, then____), which is useful to do as an examples section for each chapter, but these categories pretty much dominate her whole book.

I took her quiz and scored "none of the above" for almost every question. I am not shy and a sweetheart like her first category, but I am also not going to jump on the next guy that walks in the door... which is pretty much the next step up from being a sweetheart in the author's eyes. With so much diversity among women out there, approaching all women using only 4 stereotypical categories is a very, very bad idea.

I downloaded this book because it was free, and I could recommend the same as long as it is free. Otherwise, before you pay for this book, take the quiz to find out what type of flirt you are but add "none of the above" as a line for each question. If you find that you are circling "none of the above" more often than any of the choices, this is probably not the book for you.
on May 21, 2011
I'm glad this book was free. Much of it is filler, and what little advice it offers can be incredibly inane and counterproductive.
on January 29, 2011
Flirting for Dummies? I think not. The techniques Violet includes in this are tips and trick that work for those of us who are Flirting Femme Fatales and for those of us who are Flirting Beginners, too. All of Violet's books are for sassy and smart women who want it all - like me!

I love the 5 elements of the wordless seduction and how to hypnotize him with your hands. And, I love the reminder that there are all kinds of flirting styles and reasons to flirt. Flirting is healthy for you and all flirting does not have to end in a one night stand or even a date. Flirting is a very fun and sometimes intense way to interact with another person - male or female. It's fun for everyone and maked everyone feel ab fab!

Don't miss the chapter on reading body language and how to pay attention to your own body language so you are giving off the right signals. Fantastic handbook for flirting newbies and flirting vixens. Another awesome book from Voilet Blue.
on January 29, 2011
You just spotted an incredibly cute guy across the room. But, you feel too timid and shy to approach him. Or, you're doubting your mojo, because you feel like your game is played out. Violet Blue is here to help with a brand new, amazing book called Total Flirt: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques Every Girl Needs to Get the Guy. It is a modern, fun and informative book that gives even the most reticent girl the skills and advice she needs to snag that hottie at the end of the bar or sitting beside her on the subway.

Don't know where to begin? Violet Blue makes it simple. Take the quiz at the start of the book and determine your flirting style. (I'm a `Sweetheart'--but you could also be a Diva, Femme Fatale or my personal favorite, Ruler of All Mankind. Or, maybe you a little bit of all of them!) Worried about saying the wrong thing? Don't! Just go to the chapter on wordless flirting and break the ice without uttering a syllable. There are also stellar tips on feeling sexy, flirting in the tech age and how to avoid those flirting pitfalls that every girl falls victim to.

The book is small enough to stash in a purse, for quick reference. If carrying a real book just isn't your style, there's a more modern way to get help! That's right, there is also the Total Flirt App for help with any flirting situation that might come your way, right on your mobile device. What could be better?

So, for those women out there looking for the best way to approach the guy of their dreams, or just looking for confidence when chatting up men, buy this book. Then, let the flirting fun begin!
on February 1, 2011
I usually do not post reviews but I seem compelled to this time around. I initially got this book to fine tune some of my flirting skills and instead enjoyed an easy read and learned some valuable life skills as the same time.

Violet cuts to the chase and give you the power to own yourself and use the power you already have inside of you. I found an new inner voice that gave me a greater self confidence not only in flirting but in business as well. You should see how I enter a room now. Thanks for the new walk. Ally McBeal would be jealous. My inner soundtrack is way better than hers.

I also believe this book would really benefit women who are getting out and dating again after a dry spell. I know a few friends who are going to get a copy if you know what I mean.

Reading Total Flirt felt like I was getting the inside scoop from a trusted friend. Like Oprah's Gayle. You know Gayle would not steer Oprah wrong and neither will Violet with this book.

So I know have that "take no prisoners--unless they're cute. Then I'm the warden" attitude.

Thank you for leveling the playing field for us girls. Ladies we all should have this book in our arsenal.
on July 7, 2011
The naysayers just need to chill out. Yes, there are some really silly bits in this book (like choosing a flirt name) but come on people, it's meant to otherwise uptight or shy folks who want to, how to loosen up and have some good, clean (or dirty!) fun. This book is nothing like The Game (I've read it), which teaches men who are sheep how to put on wolves' clothing and trick women into sleeping with them.

I am a confident, strong, independent, smart woman who has no problem attracting men. Although I knew quite a few bits of what was in it already (body/beauty/dress prep), I got this book because hey, I don't know everything and...

- I wanted to see if I could learn a thing or two and put these tips & tricks to good use.
- I also wanted to see how much fun I could have just trying out these new skills.
- I also needed a classier way of disarming d*bag "pick up artists" and other wanna-be PUAs who always seem to find me when I least expect it.

The book was a fast and easy read. Even before I was done, I conducted some very simple flirting tests to see what would happen.

Day 1: no flirting, closed/unapproachable body language with a couple of hot guys.
Day 2: employed 3 techniques from Chapter 3 with those same hot guys.
Day 3: one cute guy from Day 2 showing me I was successful by exhibiting behavior as listed in Chapter 7.
Day 4: Said guy eating from the palm of my hand.

So for less than $10 and a few hours of reading, I learned some new things, had some fun and have a potential new "midnight snack" on the horizon. I can't wait to get my flirty fun on in other venues!

Thanks Violet Blue, you rock!
on March 29, 2011
Thank the Lord I got this for free! I swear! the pretty pink color on the cover hypnotised me!!

I actually sat down all serious ready to get some "tips and tricks", but all I got was some "moves" I learned from my mama anyways (and not in a nice way). "stand up straight and maintain eye contact"...seriously...doesn't everybody know this...
on March 21, 2011
This was such an enjoyable and quick read. I laughed out loud at many parts, which is something I rarely do with a book. There were actually many good tips and tricks that I would never have thought of trying. Don't know if I'm actually up for the "pussycat walk", but we'll see. If you're looking for a fun read where you might learn something, this book is for you. I would highly recommend.
on June 17, 2011
This was a free Kindle book or nearly free and I think I paid too much for it.

There is no earth-shattering information in here. If you are at all socially adept, you'll be past this book.
on February 23, 2013
I have already tried most of what is in this book and it dosen't work! It is the same cliche garbage most books are. It has a huge emphisis on things like make up and clothes. So in order to get a man you have to spend money on corprate product that is un healthy for your skin and fills land fills. Total trash of a book and reading it makes me angry. One piece of advice was enjoy a facial. What about someone who isn't into the entire spa and facial thing who won't enjoy it? The only person who would like this is a disney princess.