5.0 out of 5 stars The Total Gym to own
Published on March 12, 2012 by sampdoriano

1.0 out of 5 stars Would give the machine itself a 5.........
Published on March 2, 2012 by BluZu

5.0 out of 5 stars The Total Gym to own, March 12, 2012
This review is from: Total Gym Ultimate (Sports)
Having been a long time fan and user of the original Total Gym 1000 (I've had mine over 10 years) I decided to finally treat myself to a new & improved model. However I was surprised to see just how expensive Total Gyms had become (XLS go for $700+) and then they often don't come with the newer/better accessories like the ab crunch attachment & dip bars which can be quite expensive to buy separately.

That's where Total Gym Ultimate comes in for it has all the improvements I wanted (Chrome rails, handles and improved pullies, heavier top weight capacity & larger glide board, and the essential auto lock height adjustment). Plus ALL the accessories you could ever want (Squat stand, dip bars, ab crunch attachment, pilates toe bar, leg pulley not to mention the trusty old wing attachment)! Plus a few nice little extras that aren't so important but nice to have (exercise flip chart & water bottle etc) making it IMHO the best value Total Gym to own at $300 all in. I actually had mine shipped all the way to the UK (there is only a very limited choice of Total Gym models available here) and as you can imagine the shipping wasn't cheap but it was fast and still I think it was very much worth it. Unlike a previous reviewer everything was Brand New and in perfect working order ie no parts broken or missing and I would highly recommend it. Also the snazzy silver & red colour scheme makes a nice change from the traditional/slightly boring black & blue.

So in summary if your a fan/believer in Total Gym, want a modern model with all the latest & greatest accessories (the ab crunch attachment rocks) but don't want it to cost you the Earth then I say pick up one of these Total Gym Ultimates before they're all gone!

4.0 out of 5 stars Total fitness, June 5, 2013
This review is from: Total Gym Ultimate (Sports)
Does everything I want second one have owned first one I donated to the school I worked at they liked it so much when it wore out 5 years later the bough another.

5.0 out of 5 stars IT'S A GREAT INVESTMENT, February 24, 2013
This review is from: Total Gym Ultimate (Sports)
I purchased one in the eighties and was very impressed from the beginning of how quickly I saw results with little effort. It was as advertized. Eight minutes a day and I was stronger and more toned than I could have imagined in so short of time. It worked every muscle I wanted it to and then some. I like working out privately and when I want to. If you don't care for gyms, there's no reason not to stay fit. After 30 years, I had to break down and buy another. I love the color of this new one too. Upon arrival, one of the accessories had a tear, which the seller immediately replaced.

4.0 out of 5 stars delivery issues, January 6, 2013
This review is from: Total Gym Ultimate (Sports)
When it arrived, there were missing parts. One of the rollers was cracked. The outside packaging was not damaged. The wrapping on the inside had been opened. I believe it was shipped with the missing parts and the damaged roller. Total Gym offered to honor the warranty and shipped the missing parts. The shipper offered a generous discount for me to keep it. It's a wonderful piece of equipment and I waited a long time to spring for one. But because of my suspicions, I can't consider ordering from this shipper again. Kudos to the manufacturer for wonderful customer service!

5.0 out of 5 stars good, December 13, 2012
This review is from: Total Gym Ultimate (Sports)
its great use it all the time. its good for a work out. spend about 2 hours just useing it

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It !, April 15, 2012
This review is from: Total Gym Ultimate (Sports)
After my sister purchased the Total Gym Achiever I thought it would be perfect for my living room because it folds up and fits in a spot that was the only place left taht wasn't being used. I decided on the Ultimate Total Gym because it came with more attachments and DVDs than the Achiever for an extra $100. Everything arrive intact except for the "Start Up!" DVD. It had been smashed and the DVD was unplayable. I tried contacting Fitness Quest and got an automated messaging that said they would call back within 24 hours. Didn't recieve a call back so I contacted Amazon customer service. She said I could contact the Manufacturer (Fitness Quest). I told her I already tried. She then checked to see if Amazon carried the DVD, they didn't so she gave me a credit so I could purchase it from Fitness Quest which I did. AMAZON YOU'RE GREAT as always. Thank you very much.

5.0 out of 5 stars This machine is great! I had to set it up by myself and was thrilled to see most of the machine is already put together!!, April 7, 2012
This review is from: Total Gym Ultimate (Sports)
Don't be fooled by the price - this machine is top quality and has every attachment you can think of. It comes with videos as well if you need them - I think the flip-top instructions that goes on the top bar is enough once you understand how the machine works. This is definitely one of my best buys ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Total Gym Ultimate is Awesome!, March 24, 2012
This review is from: Total Gym Ultimate (Sports)
I've been looking for a NEW total gym for quite some time, ever since my cat got it's claws into the glide board of my old Total Gym 1000. Everywhere I looked, the Total Gym systems seemed to be priced at $600+ (much higher than I remember). I had considered buying the cheap knock-off versions, but I finally found this one! At 299.99 + FREE 2-day Amazon Prime shipping for an actual Total Gym, it was an offer I just couldn't pass up on!

If you've ever had a Total Gym, then you know what to expect! This Total Gym Ultimate is the same amazing system with a many MORE attachments. The images available on this page don't show all of them. The old wing attachment comes with it (I use it for a pull-up bar). The Pilates Bar comes in handy when combined with the foot-pad (for squats). The pulley's seem to be a higher quality than the older system, which will likely keep it in good shape for a longer period of time.

It comes with 3 DVDs. I think they where repackaged because one says that it is for the Total Gym XLS. It should also be mentioned that the DVD cases didn't survive shipping (but the DVDs themselves DID).

Setup, overall, was quick and simple. The instructions (if you need them) are in proper English (not bad considering the product is made in China. No "extra" parts, and no "missing" parts. The color scheme is refreshing, and much better than the old black & blue scheme.

Overall, a great buy!

1.0 out of 5 stars Would give the machine itself a 5........., March 2, 2012
This review is from: Total Gym Ultimate (Sports)
Would give the machine itself a 5. Thinking I was doing some preventative maintenance, I called to order extra cables, rollers, etc, to have on hand if the originals should wear out. Was told by "Total Gym"(Fitness Quest) that they would NOT allow me to purchase parts, or honor the warranty, because I didn't purchase it through an approved retailer. They said Amazon was like eBay, and that I'd purchased it from someones "Amazon" store.

Items Ordered Price $299.99
1 of: Total Gym Ultimate
Condition: New
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC <--- looks like Amazon to me

The whole problem started when I told them I couldn't find a serial number on the unit. Why would they not sell me the part. I'm not asking for a hand out. What gives???

Total Gym Ultimate