Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Gnc Total Lean Shake, Vanilla Bean, 1.7 Pounds
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Flavor: Vanilla Bean|Change

on January 10, 2015
Great for breakfast meal replacement. I tried with 2% milk, didn't taste that great, but I tried with almond milk and it is amazing! Add ice and blend, and it taste like a milkshake. By only replacing my breakfast with a lean shake I lost 6 pounds in a week. Working on the second week now!
22 comments| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2011
So I have been using this for breakfast mainly and post workouts. I agree it doesn't taste like a real "vanilla shake" when you just mix it with water. I am sure it probably taste better with milk, but that adds calories of course. I just peel, cut, and then freeze bananas and then buy other frozen fruit to add to it and then blend it up. It makes it taste way better. I also add fiber powder or whatever other supplements I need. It's pretty versatile. I do have to say though if you have a Sam's Club card you are in luck because I just bought more tonight for $14.88. I say that is a awesome price even compared to GNC. They only carry the vanilla bean flavor in Sam's of the lean shake, but that is fine with me. I hope this review helps people.
11 comment| 239 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 9, 2011
I bought this product for my boyfriend who was trying to lose some weight. he used it twice daily as recommended for two weeks (which is how long one bottle lasts) and lost approximately 10 lbs, he even bragged about how good it tastes compared to other shakes that he has tried. He recently bought a second jar, and plans to keep using it to maintain his weight loss program.
22 comments| 160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2015
I used to take this when I am on my diet. It is very helpful when you are dieting and your colleagues and having yummy dishes. Lol. It keeps you full for a long time. I have once in the morning around 8 and it keeps me full until 1PM. And I will have another glass with some fruits and I am good till dinner.
on June 2, 2014
I really like this product. I have used Spirutein and was hungry before the next meal but not with the Lean Shake 25. Not fond of chocolate or fruity products so I got the Vanilla Bean. I added cinnamon and a little sriracha hot chili sauce. I know a little strange but tastes great. Also use skim milk.
on February 11, 2016
I love this. tastes amazing.
3 years ago I bought the chocolate one and I worked out for 3 months and did the shake diet, and one small meal a day. I lost 50-60 pounds in 3 months. Here I am doing it again with a different flavor -this time!
on April 30, 2011
My sister recommended this to me. She uses it to help her lose weight. I think that it is a good, healthy meal replacement (breakfast) that takes good. It has a lot of vitamins and also fiber. Only 180 calories/serving. Keeps me full for several hours. I like to blend it with ice and add half a banana.
11 comment| 140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2015
I've recently determined that it would be best to drop a few lbs. for an upcoming hiking trip, and decided I would do this through calorie restriction and increased cardio. I saw that GNC Total Lean Shake was loaded with fiber and low in calories, and decided to give it a try as a breakfast and dinner replacement.

Taste wise, it's alright. Mixed with almond milk, it has the consistency of pond scum and does a great job keeping me full for hours. I could deal with this shake, if not for the undesirable issues that come with it.

It's Day 5, and I can honestly say that I wish I'd never discovered this product. Everything was fine for the first few days, and then the painful gas kicked in. The pain soon turned into flatulence that smells like rotten eggs left to fester in a back alley dumpster. The farts are bad enough that my cat has stopped sleeping with me and I spend my gym time in a panic, terrified that I'll let one slip while running on the treadmill.

Today is the reason I am stopping this protein powder. Not only is my gut distended like a starving Ethiopian child (I'm shocked a stranger hasn't asked me when my baby is due), but I'm afraid to fart because of diarrhea that I fear will result in a shart. I ran out of a closeout store today, clenching my butt cheeks, and got into my car so I could rush home to the bathroom. I made it, thankfully, but it was a miserable experience. I feel like I've messed up my guts more in the last five days than I ever have in my life. I've had violent hangovers that were less gruesome than this.

I'm packing up my GNC Total Lean Shake and gifting it to my manager. I hate his guts.
2929 comments| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2013
I really, really like this product from the folks at GNC. I lost 20 lbs in 8 weeks without even trying. (Maybe I tried a little)
11 comment| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 26, 2013
Perfect meal replacement.
Stick with it you won't get disappointed.
Follow the directions. Replace two meals as suggested and you will see a difference.