Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 12, 2012 7:19:50 AM PDT
Frek says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Apr 14, 2012 2:47:52 PM PDT
J. Sheer says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2012 7:32:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 14, 2012 8:07:56 PM PDT
H. Le says:
It would be a rip-off if the additional content is *not* made free to Customers. In this case, it is free. Indeed, the choice is available for Customers whether to take the more economical option that you recommended, or to pay more to get the game preloaded with DLCs and enhanced edition content.

In contrast, even if you own the theatrical version of LOTR, you cannot get the extended edition content for free.

BTW, for those who bought the original version from GOG.com, not only the enhanced edition is free, the comic book that is offered by Amazon as a bonus for pre-ordering the enhanced edition is also free:

"GOG.com will also be adding the Witcher comic book to our list of goodies on the 17th as a free gift to everyone who owns the Witcher 2; further, there will be a new game map, game guide, manual, and soundtrack available in your free goodies on that day as well."

http://www.gog.com/en/news/the_witcher_2_assassins_of_kings_enhanced_edition_announced

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2012 7:53:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 14, 2012 8:10:24 PM PDT
H. Le says:
As if the sexual content in the original version was not enough, now there's even more of it in the enhanced edition ;-)

"CD Projekt RED has confirmed that Geralt of Rivia will be getting more `action' in the game's Xbox 360 release.

"I'm surprised you asked me about that," CD Projekt Red senior quest designer, Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz, said with a nervous chuckle. About ten seconds ago, I had asked him whether there will be any more sex scenes in the new release of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition on Xbox 360.

The game had came out on PC last year and was known for its graphic -- not to mention high-quality -- sex scenes that were worthy of an edgy cable TV show on HBO.

I'm not sure whether he genuinely thought it was a rude question or was merely shocked that it came from a female. Or both.

But CD Projekt Red had boasted about adding four extra hours of gameplay content and 33 minutes worth of new cutscenes in the upcoming Xbox 360 release of the popular RPG. It seemed like a logical enquiry.

Luckily, I managed to extract the answer out of him.

"Yes," Tomaszkiewicz replied, "There is one more sex scene in there".

Yes folks, you heard it right and you heard it straight from the horse's mouth.

Of course, the upcoming Witcher 2 on Xbox 360 isn't all about Geralt of Rivia getting more action. CD Projekt Red has invested a lot into the Assassins of Kings to woo console gamers for the very first time but it has no intention of abandoning its loyal PC fan base.

Existing owners of The Witcher 2 on PC will get all the additional content for free.

FREE!!! (Proceeds to do the happy dance)"

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/03/confirmed-more-bodice-ripping-scenes-in-the-witcher-2-special-edition/

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 6:44:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 16, 2012 8:06:54 PM PDT
M. Duarte L says:
I agree with H. Le: this isn't a ripoff. CD Projekt RED has clearly stated every owner of the Witcher 2 can upgrade to this new version. Maybe the pricing could be better, but if you don't want to spend 49.99 for this you can buy W2 and then upgrade. This is an alternative for new players or those that don't have either the time or the bandwidth. Or people who want to support CD Projekt RED.

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 11:49:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 15, 2012 11:50:49 PM PDT
D. R. Hoag says:
I think you're paying for the bonus items in addition to the game itself. The enhanced content is just part of the package, and an attractive marketing ploy. I haven't played this game yet, but at $49.99 it's a ton cheaper than I paid for the Skyrim special edition by about $100 bucks. If you like to collect gaming memorabilia, I'd say it's well worth the price they're asking since even if the enhanced content is free to download you won't get all the extras unless you buy this package.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 12:59:03 AM PDT
Ivy Lilithe says:
You aren't getting anything extra. Nothing. The *ONLY* difference from the regular version of the game is that the additional content comes on the disc. You get all the same physical items, and all the same content that is already available as a FREE update.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 3:54:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 16, 2012 4:01:25 AM PDT
D. R. Hoag says:
Ivy, you're saying all of this just came with the original game?

Audio CD containing in-game music
The Witcher 2 quest handbook for both novice and experienced role-playing fans
Map of the game world
Manual and interface explanation to help players get started

Also, I didn't get this game on PS3 when it came out, but I guarantee it would have been $59.99 on PS3 and Xbox with no extras at all at launch as are nearly all new popular titles.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 11:01:53 AM PDT
Ivy Lilithe says:
Yes, it did come with all those extras in fact, plus a couple more. And I think you mean PC, not PS3? It's never been on PS3. It launched at $49.99 when it originally came out. I can understand this re-release being helpful for people without internet or a good connection for downloading the patch, but I think it's highly misleading and will lead to many people who DO have a reliable connection paying more for this game than they should with the availability of the original game for $30 and the free patch update.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 1:14:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 16, 2012 1:24:49 PM PDT
D. R. Hoag says:
Ivy, I meant PS3 / Xbox. Didn't realize it was never released for PS3 (my point on price remains the same though). This will be my first PC game via disc so all I have to compare to price wise at this point are console versions, and even at this price it's cheaper than what you would pay for a newly released game on Xbox, or PS3 (I know it's not a new release).

I just looked up the original version here on Amazon, and scrolled down. Sure enough, the bonus items are there. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

It's not worth the $15 bucks to make the trip to the UPS store to send this back to me, so I guess I'll have to just suck it up. Buyer beware.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2012 12:12:33 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 17, 2012 1:19:42 AM PDT
Red Guy says:
So,

1. If you already have The Witcher 2 ($50 day one price for the premium edition) you get A LOT of extra content FOR FREE. This was made VERY clear by CDP Red right from the moment when the EE was announced and constantly advertised on TW2 site, gog and all CDP Red's public events.
2. You can CHOOSE to buy the standard edition cheaper and get the extra content for for free or to pay $50 for the EE which includes everything on DVD.
3. No matter where from you have your copy of The Witcher 2 you get a free gog backup copy. (http://www.gog.com/en/witcher2/backup/)
4. The EE is DRM free.

That's not a rip-off, rip-off is asking $60 for a 20 hours AAA title while holding back content to sell as DLC. And after it's pathetic ending you are told to buy even more DLC.

"There's no reason to pay full price for this."

Yes, it is, to support a great game from a great developer. But, again, the choice is yours.

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 3:18:46 AM PDT
Honestly, the op needs to bury that solipsism. You're not the center of the world. Some people have DIFFERENT circumstances and for whatever reason buying this enhanced edition is preferable to trying to download patches with their shoddy isps. Those people do exist. I'm not one of them, but I'm not so dense as to let that blind me. It's like pretending there aren't starving people because I can go down the street and order a philly cheesesteak. The only good thing about this whole thread is that it is in fact a thread, and not some jaded kid writing a 1 star review for a great product because he feels butt-hurt.

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 7:43:25 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 17, 2012 7:46:56 AM PDT
D. R. Hoag says:
I kind of see both sides here, and why someone might feel "ripped off". I also see that $49.99 for a package like this is a pretty darn good deal in the overall scheme of things. All in all, I'm excited to try out the game; my first game on disc for PC. I paid the $49 for the Enhanced Edition, and the game should be here today. Can't wait!

I think collectors will have no problem with this price at all. I'll be framing the map, and hanging it right next to the Skyrim map in ye ol' man cave :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Apr 12, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings Enhanced Edition
The Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings Enhanced Edition by Warner Bros (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (107)