Shogun 2: Total War is the long-awaited follow-up to the original PC game in the Total War turn-based Strategy franchise, Shogun: Total War. In it players assume the leadership of one of several warring provinces in a historically correct rendition of Medieval Japan simultaneously cursed by warfare and blessed with new wealth following the fall of the Ashikaga Shogunate. Using the natural and political resources available, as well as the strengths of their Samurai and peasant units, players eliminate enemies by all means possible as they seek to become the next shogun and extend their power over the whole of Japan. Additional features include: leveling of the player character, hero units and standard units, realistically varied AI responses and both competitive and cooperative online multiplayer support.
The Total War Franchise
In 2000, The Creative Assembly game development team reinvented the Strategy game genre with Shogun: Total War, an unprecedented blend of 3D real-time battles and turn-based game management that would become the first offering in the multi-award winning Total War series. With over 7 million units sold and universal acclaim from the press and community, The Total War franchise has consistently been at the cutting edge of the genre and is today one of the most successful PC franchises of all time. That success continues with Shogun 2: Total War. Shogun 2: Total War takes longtime veterans and newcomers alike to the next level of strategy gaming on PC. Based on 10 years of experience, Total War, Shogun 2 is the perfection of the series with a new Artificial Intelligence (AI), revolutionary multiplayer modes, brand new campaign map options and epic 3D real-time battles.
Shogun 2: Total War
Set during the golden age of Samurai warfare, Shogun 2 brings to life the most turbulent period of Japanese history. It is the middle of the 16th century in Medieval Japan. The country, ruled for nearly 200 years by a unified government under the Ashikaga Shogunate, is now split into many warring clans following the shogunate's fall. The player takes on the role of one Daimyo, a feudal clan leader ruling a limited area of the country, and will use military engagements, economics and diplomacy to achieve the ultimate goal: unification of Japan under his supreme command and the title of Shogun - the undisputed ruler of Japan.
Like all Total War games, Shogun 2 is a turn-based Strategy game, featuring real-time tactics. The original Shogun: Total War game was the first in the Total War series, making it the blueprint for those that came after it, but this new game does contain a variety of new notable gameplay features. These features include: the players role as an individual leader on the field instead of an invisible hand guiding combat; improved graphics down to the motion capture techniques used to animate matched combat; a built-in morale system that allows opposing AI to react to the forces you set before them, influencing tactics as well as their willingness to stand and fight; combined naval and land battles; and RPG like leveling of standard units and special Hero units that rise in rank with each successful battle.
Key Game Features
- Total War Redefined - Shogun 2 is the ultimate refinement of the original formula with a new, cutting-edge AI, more polish and online functionality than ever before. The result is the perfect mix of real-time and turn-based strategy gaming that invites both veterans of Total War and new players to experience the enjoyment and depth of the series.
- New Character Progression - Choose from nine different clans and compete for the undisputed supremacy of Medieval Japan. Gain experience to level up your own character-warlord as well as your generals and agents.
- A Complete Single and Multiplayer Offering - Play through the main campaign in single player or invite a friend online to play competitively or cooperatively in Campaign Multiplayer mode. Join 8-player multiplayer battles with your own upgradable avatar and climb the online leaderboard to show the world who reigns supreme. Also including exciting new modes of team play for clans, a first in the Total War series.
- New Generation AI System - Developed according to Sun Tzu's principles in "The Art of War," the game's artificial intelligence constantly analyzes its situation and reacts to your every move with greater precision and variety.
- Improved Land and Naval Battle Gameplay - Land battles never felt so realistic with new multi-staged castle sieges and terrain features changing according to the weather and time of the day - turning each engagement into a tactical challenge. Set buildings on fire to force garrisoned troops out and use your units' special abilities to turn the tide of the battle. Naval combat also offers more variety with the addition of coastal battles. Islands can work as effective cover for your ships, while sand bars and reefs can be used as traps against an enemy fleet.
- Accessible and In-depth Empire-building Gameplay - A streamlined user interface makes management of your kingdom much easier. Build and govern cities, recruit and train troops, conduct diplomacy and manage your agents – each feature is now introduced with comprehensive tutorials, gradually revealing the depth of the Shogun 2 campaign map – the heart and soul of the Total War experience.
Rank heroes & level units.
Huge scale conflicts.
Take control of every unit.
Combined land & sea battles.
|Minimum Specifications:||Recommended Specifications:|
|OS:||Win 7, Vista and XP|
|Processor:||2 GHz Intel Dual Core processor / 2.6 GHz Intel Single Core processor , or AMD equivalent (with SSE2)||2nd Generation Intel Corei5 processor (or greater), or AMD equivalent|
|RAM:||1GB RAM (XP), 2GB RAM (Vista / Windows7)||2GB RAM (XP), 4GB RAM (Vista / Windows7)|
|Hard Drive:||20 GB|
|Video Card:||256 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card (shader model 3)||AMD Radeon HD 5000 and 6000 series graphics cards or equivalent DirectX 11 compatible graphics card|
|Other Requirements:||A Steam account is required for installation and online play.|
|Hard Disk:||none specified|