Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on February 27, 2012
When I first saw the TotalMount I had doubts, but for the low price I decided to give it a chance anyway. When I unboxed it, I was impressed that it included a total of nine clips, two and a spare for each vent type (vertical, horizontal, and circular), and how perfectly it fit between my TV and wall mount in just a few seconds.
44 comments24 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 15, 2012
Sure, you can mount the small, lightweight Roku 2 media streaming unit to the back of your HDTV with double sided tape, or other adhesive, but the the TotalMount is a simple elegant solution. The unit fits into a compact cradle with full cable access and easy removal. It comes with several styles of mounting clips to fit the vents on the back of your HDTV. The small issue here, not mentioned in the Amazon sales description is that the unit MUST mount within 6 inches of the top of your HDTV so that the Roku remote control signals can be properly sensed by the main unit. If the vents are curved or not located within this distance, you need to use an alternate mounting method. Besides the various clips, there bands to attach to wall mounts, or two wood screws for wall mounting. You now have to consider this in the reach of the power adapter cable ( 6 ft.) from your outlet to the Roku unit. Otherwise, a nice nice unit that provides a simple, professional installation.
22 comments44 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2012
Hooks to the vent at the BACK of your hdtv!!

The one thing I like most about this product is definitely its non-invasive mounting method. For those of us who live in an apartment where you can't really screw holes in the wall (and alternately I don't trust 3M double sided tape to mount any electronic device)

Simple yet BRILLIANT idea to have less wire clutter around my HDTV.
0Comment20 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 12, 2012
I used this on a tv in the kitchen and it really tidied things up. I am a little disappointed that the designers overlooked what I thought would be an obvious mounting option: use the VESA screw holes. Fortunately, I found some M4-0.7-12mm screws at Lowes which worked perfectly.
on June 15, 2012
Product works great, does exactly what it's supposed to. Mounts to the back of your TV by using small plastic hooks that go into the air vents. No sticky residue, no mess. Takes 10 seconds to mount.
on June 2, 2012
If your looking for a very good and easy to install product to hide your Roku box out of site this is it!! I am very happy with this item and reconnand it to everyone!
on April 14, 2012
Directions are easy to follow with lots of pictures/visual illustrations instead of just words, and installation is a breeze. If I can do it, anybody can.
on June 14, 2012
Great got what I was expecting for, the price was great, and he fits perfectly behind my tv. Works great!!!
on May 31, 2012
My husband received this mounting kit for his birthday. It took literally 30 seconds to install to the vents behind our tv. The remote still works even though the roku is now behind the tv. If only we had a similar product for our cable box.
on August 3, 2013
Since the Roku unit is so light and small, I was afraid the darn thing was going to fall off my media trunk. This mounting kit comes with various mounting hardware that should satisfy every possible application.

So it was a bit of a PITA to get the plastic clips in the TV vents in the back of my set. Overall, it was no big deal.