Customer Video Review     Length:: 6:31 Mins
Great, well built product. Looks good too, although it will be hidden in your drawer most of the time! Contrary to some reviews, it does actually hold 16 knives - five knives with blades of 10+ inches and up to another 11 knives (5 + 6) with blades up to 6 inches.

But to do this all the longer knives have to be thin-bladed...
Published on September 9, 2011 by B. Nguyen

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK
Published on December 20, 2011 by Smitten

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent knife block. Practical limit of 11 knives, but can hold 16., September 9, 2011
This review is from: Totally Bamboo 20-2091 In-Drawer Bamboo Knife Block (Kitchen)
Length:: 6:31 Mins

But to do this all the longer knives have to be thin-bladed (height-wise) and the shorter knives thin handled (width-wise). If this doesn't describe your knife collection (and it most likely doesn't), you'll only be able to fit somewhere between 11 and 16 knives in to this block.

I've had it for four months now and it's held up great to all the abuse I put it through!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but inaccurate knife count, May 15, 2010
The in-drawer knife block is great - accurate size description, good quality, heavy and nice looking. However, if a description on the number of knives it holds was mentioned (some said 15 knives), this is not accurate. The knife block holds 11 knives, 6 small or steak knives that go at the top and 5 larger knives that go at the bottom. I'm satisfied - I only needed to store 11 knives! This is so much safer than having a knife block on the counter.

4.0 out of 5 stars hid the cluter, May 28, 2010
K. Struve "Diggerdown" (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
Well crafted and functional. It holds all our knives except the cleaver. Even my 12 inch chef's knife fits in well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality great finish,perfect machined, January 24, 2010
As a high end cabinet/furniture maker I've purchased lots of different knife drawer inserts. This has to be the best I've seen. Lots of slots for knives. Perfectly machined. Excellent finish. Excellent grain.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, December 20, 2011
It is made of quality material and well constructed - a good value for the price. As other reviews have indicated it only holds 11 knives. A word of caution. I ordered two and they sit side by side in a drawer with a 4 inch space in between. The depth of the drawer accomodates them well BUT some of the larger handle knives sometimes come up out of the assigned sleeve and hold the drawer partially shut. If you have limited drawer depth do not plan on storing large handled knives in this knife block.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, with recommendations, March 19, 2011
I ordered two of these as we have quite a selection of knives. Our drawer is now nicely tidied-up. The following recommendations are with respect to things that could make it even better...
1. One is approximately 1/4" longer than the other. Not a big deal for us, but might be annoying to others.
2. No bumpers on the bottom. Our drawers are all soft-close, but it might be prudent for some people to add stick-on bumpers to keep the block from sliding around.
3. The 'strips' are tied together with four thin cross braces underneath, approximately 5/8" wide, rabbetted in grooves and pinned to the bottom of the knife 'strips'. The cross braces are approximately 3" apart. When you lift a knife out and draw it towards you, the knife tip will drag across the braces, and will also drag across the drawer bottom when not on the cross braces. This might cause some patterned scoring of the drawer bottom, and placing something sacrificial underneath may help.

One advantage to these that I never saw mentioned, you can lift them out of the drawer loaded with knives, and this will make cleaning the drawer even easier.

Glad I found these. Saw them at Williams Sonoma and the price was frightful, so I thought that I would find a pattern and make my own. My wife would still be waiting...

5.0 out of 5 stars Knife holder, January 24, 2010
This one of the better knife holders and will fit in a smaller width drawer 7"

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, December 1, 2010
The dimensions are correct for this product, the description is accurate, and it does exactly what it claims to do. It is a small, space saving knife holder that is high quality--enough said.

My only reminder would be to look closely at the dimensions to make sure it's the size you want. For me, the block only takes up half of my drawer, and I would have bought a larger one if I had realized.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, November 19, 2010
Highlandbird (arlington mass) - See all my reviews
THis is great!!! It fits lots of knives, and keeps them easily organized. Gets the things off the counters. Small enough to fit in narrow drawers. Love it. And the price was right too. Some of the drawer knife organizers cost a fortune. That it is made of sustainable bamboo is an added bonus. Recommend it for those that still have counter knife blocks. Use it daily and appreciate it daily, for $21.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it -- I'm buying another!, November 10, 2010
A Reader (California, USA) - See all my reviews
I bought one to assess the quality. This is a beautiful product with a satiny wood feel. It holds a lot of knives with no wasted space. I can fit two in a standard drawer so I'm back to order a second so that I will be able to keep ALL of my knives in one drawer. Bye bye to my big bulky knife block!

I'm so happy with the quality of this product I'm going to try out their flatware organizers next!

ARRAY(0xd9c81bac)