Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 21, 2011
To give a visual, I was expecting a baseball-sized box, but this is about the size of a large grapefruit. So, better for kitchen than tabletop use. Other than that it's very attractive and I have not had any trouble with the lid, like other reviewers have noted. Still, if I were to order again, I would get the small.
on December 13, 2012
I like the size, material, and appearance of this salt box - it holds about a cup of salt, the bamboo keeps moisture at bay, and it's large enough that I can get my fingers in to grab a generous amount of salt. I thought I would really like the hinge-attached lid, but functionally, I would have preferred the lid be removable - solely because I like to just dump salt into the pasta water straight from the box instead of trying to dig out a palmful, and it's not easy to do with the lid attached.
on December 29, 2013
I bought this salt box for myself and use it everyday for every meal I cook, bake, BBQ, fry or broil!! I don't know how I ever lived without it.. I put house seasoning in it...but my kids know I love it so much that they each bought one for themselves and they are always buying me different seasonings to put in it. I should buy myself another!
on February 15, 2014
This box looks smaller than it is, but that turned out to be a good thing, because I can fit my fingers into it to pull the salt out.

So far the construction is holding up well. I may update in the future if it falls apart.
on August 24, 2013
I hesitated about ordering this salt holder from other users writing about the pivot point breaking. I have mine on the table as I use it many times each day. I love this holder, and have not had any trouble with the pivot point not working right or breaking.. Looks great on the table and very function able.
on October 22, 2013
I cook some, and bought some pink Himalayan salt. With this I can keep a small amount on the counter without worrying about dripping. I live in an occasionally, but not often, humid climate, but I haven't had any problems with clumping.
on August 25, 2013
I love this salt box! It's pretty but also functional- very easy to use with one hand while you're cooking. It's definitely small- like only a little bigger than the exterior of a shot glass- but it works fine for me and I really like having it on my counter.
on April 30, 2009
This salt box works very well and looks outstanding. My only objection, which some people may really like, is that the lid is a little tight on the unit. It takes very little effort to rotate; the problem is that if I try to turn the lid without holding the base, the whole unit turns. This happens on my smooth counter top and makes it a little harder to use one handed. I tried placing the salt box on a super-grip pad and it works beautifully with one hand. Soon I am going to cut/glue the pad to the bottom of the unit so that I can move it from place to place in my kitchen.

Overall this is an excellent product which would make a very nice gift.

Oh, and we use kosher salt in the unit for cooking.
on October 21, 2009
I've been wanting a salt box to keep out on the counter for cooking and couldn't ever find the right one. I'm glad I took a chance on ordering this one. The lid swivels around easily with just a touch to reveal the salt reservoir. I couldn't decide on the right size to get either. I got the large side and I'm so glad I did. It's just the right size. It's really not that big but it holds enough salt that you don't have to refill it all the time. The only con I can think of is that it slides around on the counter because it doesn't have any kind of feet on it, but I fixed that with a little glue and rubber pads. I would buy it again in a heartbeat!
on November 6, 2011
In our kitchen we favor the coarse French-type salt for a final light touch on top of appropriate foods. This well made, elegant box is handy to keep out on the serving counter. The little magnet under the lid makes it close easily and seems to do a good job of keeping moisture out, even in our rather humid climate. You could dip salt out with a spoon, but I prefer to take a pinch with my fingers and distribute it more accurately. The medium size of this box makes it easy to reach into.