Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on July 3, 2013
with one major flaw. While there is nothing at all wrong with the square trivet, in fact it's about perfect, the round one only has three little pegs under it so if you put a round coffee pot on it or anything else for that matter, and it's not perfectly centered the trivet tends to lean over taking whatever is on it with it. I highly recommend the square one and am planning on getting another one to replace the round one. But, my advice is that you avoid the round one, especially if your kids or gandkids help out and may be the one who puts something hot on one of the round ones. Buy what you need individually instead of the pair like I did.
on July 9, 2012
I really like this trivet.

Pros:
1) It easily handles a roughly 9X13 lasagne pan when extended.
2) The four little "feet" look like the ones you stick onto the bottom of a vase to keep it from scratching the table - made of relatively soft plastic so they won't mar any surface I can think of. They appear to be strongly attached.
3) They're also very short so the trivet is steady whether collapsed or extended.
4) The sliders work easily and are completely hidden from view.
5) It cleans up easily. I tried to oil it with mineral oil, but I didn't need to. The finish is already pretty hard so most of the oil came off again. <g>
6) It's very attractive. I mean, it takes a lot for someone to compliment you on your trivet! But it happens.

Cons: Ummm. Hmmm. None, actually.
on September 6, 2011
I haven't owned trivets before and I saw something like this on a cooking show and I thought it was interesting. So, for the price here on Amazon, I thought, "why not?" Well, I am glad I got them, because I really have enjoyed them and use them all the time. I don't know how I lived without them before! I put my cooking lids on them while I stir food, or use them for hot plates that I am preparing food on. Also use them to set pots and pans on as I make my meals. I just love them.

They have little rubber legs on the bottom that elevate them a tiny bit from the counter. This gives me some reassurance that my hot item is not that close to the counter and has a little breathing room between the elevation and the slats within the trivets. Overall, I would totally buy these again, and would love to even have a bigger one for my larger pots and pans.
on July 11, 2011
I need something to set some house plants on so that a window shelf would be protected from moisture. These worked perfect and also look great! It'a a little bit of a shame to use these for this purpose because they are really attractive nicely made.
on May 20, 2013
While we use these all the time, the rubber feet came off right away and they do burn with a pan right off the stove. Maybe they are not deisgned to take a pan right off the stove.
on December 26, 2011
slide mechanism works well, it looks good, made from renewable source, functions well as a trivet... just a great product; we're very happy!
on December 29, 2012
These trivets are attractive in any environment and represent excellent value for money. Perfect for both the granite counter-top in the kitchen and the stone table on the deck. Being wooden there is no chance of scratching the surface below and they provide excellent insulation.
on December 17, 2014
I liked these until I put a hot pot on one. It scorched the first time, nearly a 1/4 of the trivet. I don't cook on High, so I'm not sure why the trivet scorched when the purpose of a trivet is for hot pots/serving dishes. Seems to work fine for out-of-oven cookware, but I wouldn't trust them with hot stove pans.
on September 13, 2011
These look very nice. I hope they stand the test of time with water. I had a Bamboo Food Network salad bowl that split upon the first washing in the sink...these do appear to be good quality...time will tell.
Update: They cracked a little bit in the Lattice but not a lot. They discolored a bit but overall they were decent.
on October 25, 2015
I was thrilled when I opened the box to find this trivet. Mine arrived undamaged and in pristine new condition. It has 4 clear rubber feet attached to the underside, but I suspect you could remove them if you wanted to use both sides. The finish was smooth on both sides so I don't see where it could scratch any kitchen surface if you remove the feet. It's quite thick too and will protect your corian, granite or quartz countertop. I appreciate that it's so easily expandable to accommodate casserole dishes or pans. Very stylish on the countertop too. A great addition to any kitchen and a perfect shower gift for newlyweds.