4.0 out of 5 stars Well made, nice material, good value
I am starting to develop a new appreciation for bamboo for kitchen items. I have 5 bamboo spatulas from Walmart and they've served faithfully for a few years, constantly in the dishwasher, soaking in dirty dishes, etc. - holding up very well.

Published on January 16, 2012 by Foodie1

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea.....but....
Published on March 30, 2012 by nAtchie

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made, nice material, good value, January 16, 2012
This review is from: Totally Bamboo Round Salt Box (Kitchen)

Same seems to be the case for this salt box - pleasant to look at, pleasant to touch, love the little magnetic "lock" (the lid snaps in the closed position).

I initially wanted a salt box similar to what Alton Brown uses on his Good Eats show. But then I thought: I don't want a vessel I have to hold to open it - I want a vessel I could open with 1 hand without lifting it off the counter and also close it the same way - this is it!

I do wish it was a bit bigger, 3.5" is ok, but you have to keep it filled. I figure that if your salt level reaches less than half it'll be hard to reach in and grab a pinch. It's fairly thick, so it's really less than 3" on the inside - a little smaller than I pictured it. But I'm not taking any stars away for this, just mentioning.

Really nice item, IMO.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, Love the Salt Box, December 10, 2011
This review is from: Totally Bamboo Round Salt Box (Kitchen)
I've never had a salt box before. There is something charming about sliding the lid open and pinching spices for the food being cooked. I got six of these and I'm having lots of fun. They look classy on my counter, they have a very clean appearance. The box has a recessed magnet that holds the lid closed, it's a very smart design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little salt box, February 23, 2011
This review is from: Totally Bamboo Round Salt Box (Kitchen)
My husband wanted a salt cellar for Christmas and I purchased one he found online that he thought he wanted. Once he saw it in person it was too big. We returned the big one and purchased this Totally Bamboo Round Salt Box. This one is just the right size. Plus, I love bamboo in the kitchen - It's lightweight, durable and easy to clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy dandy salt box, March 2, 2012
This review is from: Totally Bamboo Round Salt Box (Kitchen)
I have used this bamboo salt box for several years now and still love it. It stays on the back of my stove, and I can flip it open one-handed when the other hand is gunky. I have only good things to say about this salt box. It gets daily use, but still functions like new. The color has deepened a little from hand and cooking oils, but the salt stays dry and flavorful.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea.....but...., March 30, 2012
This review is from: Totally Bamboo Round Salt Box (Kitchen)
I currently use a handy dandy decent hard plastic container with a latch style lid for my counter kosher salt. When I saw the Totally Bamboo Salt boxes I thought I'd get them for different salts I have as well as course pepper. They arrived quickly and I got started on removing the stickers (they come off very easily--don't get them wet first--just slowly peel) and then gently washing, rinsing and drying. I left them open to air out for a few days because the odor was very unpleasant. Well, it's been a while and the smell is just too weird to even think of putting anything in them--especially something edible. So I've opted not to use these for anything due to the odor.

4.0 out of 5 stars What I expected, December 3, 2011
This review is from: Totally Bamboo Round Salt Box (Kitchen)
It's both beautiful and reasonably priced. Turned out to be exactly what I expected and was looking for (no small feat sometimes when shopping online). The lid swivels nicely. The magnet holds it closed comfortably. Been using it for weeks now, and still very glad I bought it.

1.0 out of 5 stars 1.0 out of 5 stars Persistent chemical odor -- Do not use for salt keeper, July 16, 2012
AliPaliCdH (San Francisco Bay Area) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Totally Bamboo Round Salt Box (Kitchen)
I bought two of these salt boxes, one for me and one for a friend. Both had a very strong chemical odor, presumably from the finish used. Both my friend and I repeatedly washed them, and neither one of us was able to remove the chemical smell enough for us to be comfortable to use this for storage of something that would go on our food. If you are the least bit sensitive to chemical smells, do not buy this container.

4.0 out of 5 stars I think the size if just fine, March 21, 2012
This review is from: Totally Bamboo Round Salt Box (Kitchen)
holds about a 1/4 lb of salt is my best guess. big enough to get your hands in and out easily. Swivels really well and yes those little magnets (not shown) holds the lid in the closed position nicely. 4 stars for price-quality ratio

5.0 out of 5 stars great little salt box, February 1, 2012
This review is from: Totally Bamboo Round Salt Box (Kitchen)
I wanted a salt box to sit out on my counter that would make adding salt to my cooking when it called for a "pinch" of salt easier. This one does the job--it's big enough to get my fingers in, but not huge. So far it has held up to use. I would definitely recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars As Advertised!, June 14, 2011
This review is from: Totally Bamboo Round Salt Box (Kitchen)
Simple, clean and elegant bamboo. Easy to clean and care for. This salt box will hold 4oz of sea salt. The only negative I have is the sticky adhesive left on top after the sticker is removed.

Totally Bamboo Round Salt Box