5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful umbrella!
So far I used it only once but in a very bad weather. It was pouring rain some wind gusts and the umbrella was doing its job perfectly.

It is well built and very sturdy. It is the first time in my life I'm not afraid of the wind gusts to break my umbrella.
Easy to handle, absolutely had no problem opening and closing it (it did not pinch me).
The size...
Published on April 13, 2010 by D.

2.0 out of 5 stars Plastic Pulls Away at Top...leaks
Published on April 26, 2010 by D. Brandt

2.0 out of 5 stars Plastic Pulls Away at Top...leaks, April 26, 2010
D. Brandt (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: totes Kids Bubble Umbrella (Apparel)
The first 2 umbrellas I ordered came already broken at the seams at the top. So, when you opened them they had a big hole around the post at the top. The company I ordered through was great about replacing them and made sure the next 2 were not defective. After a few uses though, they did the same thing. I have never seen such poor quality in a totes product. The concept is great though because the kids can see where they are going and stay completely under the umbrella at the same time. Before they leaked, they made a rainy walk to school go twice as fast.

UPDATE:
I did figure out how I could fix these and keep them, since I like the design, just not the quality. I cut a large circle of clear contact paper (used a dinner plate as my template). I cut an "X" in the middle and put the contact paper over the hole while the umbrella was open. I smoothed it out and trimmed around the "X" just enough to make it look OK without letting any water in. It's been a few months and it is working great. The kids (3 & 4) don't seem to mind, or even notice the patch much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful umbrella!, April 13, 2010

The size is just right. Big and comfortable for me and at the same time not too big that you can't walk on the street. Another advantage is that it actually protects you from being poked by other people's umbrellas.

For moms: If you are caught in the rain with your baby on you, I'm sure this is one of the best umbrellas to have to protect the baby from getting wet.

It looks very nice and you see through it which is great!
Very happy with my purchase and if this one ever breaks, I will definitely buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clearly Spectacular!, November 23, 2008
This umbrella was a heavier quality than I even expected for both the handle and the vinyl used in the umbrella. It is a good buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great umbrella, April 3, 2009
This umbrella is of good quality. I love how it protects from not only the rain but the wind as well. Does not seem to be subject to wind damage as other umbrella's are. Only negative comment is that it is somewhat hard to open and close.

3.0 out of 5 stars Defective right out of the box, June 21, 2010
This review is from: totes Kids Bubble Umbrella (Apparel)
Because of the bad reviews I'd read, I made sure to order this well ahead of my niece's birthday to allow plenty of time for returns. I'm glad I did so because when I checked the umbrella I noticed it was torn at the top. It seems like a decent umbrella for a child if they would just take the time to check their products before they mail them out. I noticed and like how there is no metal "latch" to push in order to close the umbrella. This is a great design for kids as it probably reduces the amount of pinched fingers in comparison to adult umbrella designs.

I know my 3-year-old niece will really love this umbrella, so I will keep returning it until I get one that is not torn.

UPDATE: Although the umbrella is poorly manufactured, the Belt Outlet as a company is really great. When I told them the umbrella was ripped they immediately sent out a replacement at no cost to me. They said I could either throw away the old one or donate it. I decided to donate it to a poor child for a play umbrella. The replacement umbrella was free from defects. Thank you Belt Outlet! Good customer service is hard to find anymore, but I give you an A+.

5.0 out of 5 stars outstanding service, April 19, 2009
I bought this product for my granddaughter for easter. Unfortunately I put it away without looking at it. When I gave it to her on Easter day I noticed a rip at the top of the umbrella, not on the seam or at the edges so was not a factory made defect but must have gotten damaged in transit. My granddaughter (being just over 2) was very unset she couldn't have her new umbrella. I know that's not the fault of BeltOutlet but I had no recourse so I emailed them about the damage and about getting a replacement. Within the day I got not only an email from a woman named Jenny, how was very nice about the whole thing but was promised an immediate replacement. It was overnighted so I received it within days. My granddaughter is thrilled with the umbrella. It works great and is a great product. Thanks BeltOutlet. I am very impressed with your product but more so with your customer service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good umbrella, stiff opening device, May 29, 2009
This umbrella is exactly what I wanted. It got to me on time and in the condition it was supposed to be in. The opening mechanism is a little stiff, so when you close the umbrella it tries to bite your fingers. But it's not too bad and other than that the umbrella is perfect.

2.0 out of 5 stars cheap quality, May 12, 2010
This review is from: totes Kids Bubble Umbrella (Apparel)
It is a nice design so that the kids can see through when the walk and relatively wind proof b/c it comes down lower than most umbrellas. But unfortunately, it did not last long. The plastic at the top part started pulling apart and created a whole. I duck taped it but it wasn't great. Umbrella lasted for about 6 months.

3.0 out of 5 stars It pinches your finger, December 2, 2008
Patricia Gray (Washington, DC USA) - See all my reviews
This umbrella keeps the top part of you dry and you can see where you are going, but when you start to close the umbrella, the latch is so fast and strong that it pinches your finger as soon as you release the catch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Something I've wanted for a long time!, June 24, 2009
I couldn't find this style umbrella in stores anywhere! Living in Florida, there are many outdoor events which often feature some unscheduled rain. When the sprinkles start and the umbrellas go up, watch out for your eyes! The spokes on a regular umbrella are right at eye-level, and the solid fabric umbrellas block any view for those standing behind them. But the clear dome umbrella keeps eyes safe, lets people behind me see right through, and keeps my upper body completely dry! These umbrellas are high quality vinyl and easy to open and close without pinching - I look forward to using this for many years to come!

Rate and Discover Movies