5.0 out of 5 stars Large umbrella that folds down to a nice size
Published 16 months ago by M. Blackburn

2.0 out of 5 stars Leaks rain
Seemed like a great umbrella at first, other than being a bit too long when folded due to the large handle and bit too heavy.

Published 8 months ago by Aussie Bargainer

5.0 out of 5 stars Large umbrella that folds down to a nice size, August 26, 2013
M. Blackburn (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This umbrella is great, I am a tall guy and small umbrellas just don't cut it for me but this is large enough to comfortably fit myself and another without getting wet. The construction on this is also great and it comes with a lifetime warranty against defects. I used it in moderate winds and it didn't budge. Another great thing is how compact it gets, about 14 inches long which sounds long but for a canopy this large its great. The button to collapse the umbrella is slightly recessed so it isn't much of a worry that you will hit it when you are holding it. Also for the first time ever an umbrella I have folds back to the size it was when I got it, the thing actually fits back into the nice nylon carrying pouch that came with it. This nylon pouch is nice for when you go in somewhere and need to put away the umbrella, it seems to be waterproof as well and doesn't really leak water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact when collapsed; large when expanded, August 1, 2013
This umbrella folds nice and small, easily able to be stored under my car seat, but opens large enough to cover me and my kids. No leaks and the automatic open and close work very well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Leaks rain, April 6, 2014

The real issue occurs when faced with slightly heavier rains, the large canopy blocked the rain well, but I was noticing drops of water on my head and neck, the rain water was soaking through the fabric and forming droplets inside, you could get your fingers wet by running it across the inside of the umbrella. I also noticed the black paint coming off the handle when my hands were wet, which makes you really question its quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Umbrella!, March 12, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty design, October 6, 2013
This review is from: Totes Men's Blue Line Golf-Size Auto Open Auto Close Compact Umbrella (Apparel)
The umbrella seemed like a good choice, but unfortunately it turned out to be a lemon. The opening mechanism jammed and failed after just a few uses. I dismantled the mechanism out of curiosity, and found that underneath the metal, there was a single, flimsy piece of plastic that had failed. I expect better than this for such an expensive device.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe how small it is, June 3, 2013
I've had Totes umbrellas for years, but never one this small. I also like how you can collapse it by pressing the button, but I've had to get used to not squeezing the handle so tight. More than once I've collapsed the umbrella while walking in a pouring rain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great size, January 11, 2014
Size is great -- top is big enough to completely cover 2 people but is vey compact when collapsed. Only negative is auto open feature doesn't open the umbrella completely, only about 90% of the way -- have to push it the rest of way which can be a nuisance when it's raining heavily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price., May 8, 2013
Love it. Works like a champ and so far has done real well in the wind. I have had no issues with this one. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, July 1, 2014
m.e. (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
Living in New York, I do a lot of walking. My key requirements in an umbrella: something that opens/closes quickly and is compact when closed. Most importantly, the umbrella needs to not invert when windy.

The Totes Blue Line golf umbrella meets and exceeds all of these requirements. It's large, which can be a nuisance on the sidewalk, but for the most part is not an issue. Strong wind gusts which destroy other umbrellas leave the Totes untouched.

My one complaint is that the auto-close mechanism only folds the canopy back in on itself, it does not collapse the pole of the umbrella. You need to actively press the pole back down, which you're supposed to do with your hand. When my hands are full, I have done this on the floor of a cab, which can damage the individual arms of the canopy if they're askew or get caught on something.

Fortunately, Totes has a stellar warranty/replacement service that makes repair hassle-free and inexpensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, Big, Great Quality Umbrella, August 13, 2013
This Umbrella is absolutely perfect! It opens and closes extremely well, and the size is wonderful. Nice and big for complete coverage on those heavy, rainy days. It also looks nice and the quality is superb. Love, Love, LOVE this Umbrella!