Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Totes Men's Auto Coin Jar, Gunmetal, One Size
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on October 23, 2012
I bought this for my girlfriend. We had a bunch of change and didn't really feel like counting it out individually so thought this would come in handy. After counting out the $95 in change we decided to put the empty jar in our car. Yesterday we discovered that it was missing and the car door wasn't closed. Apparently we didn't make sure it was locked and someone stole nothing but the coin jar and the $1.50 inside it. Rather disappointing. But I guess they liked it enough to steal it.
on November 26, 2012
I guess I was not certain of the quality of this coin counting jar when I purchased it, but based on my experience, it is okay, but not great. It does effectively count the coins, but the prominent and non-recessed reset button caused me to accidentally reset my total to zero while actually adding coins to the jar. That's a design flaw in my opinion - if you are going to have a reset button on the front, it should be harder to depress. Better yet, add it to another part of the coin counter where your had doesn't move over it every time that you drop in coins.

With that caveat, and the fact that the battery compartment needed a little massaging to get the batteries to hold steady, I probably would pass on this in the future for myself. However, with those things in mind, it might be perfectly suitable for others.
on October 16, 2012
I have a coffee can where I throw my change at the end of the day. I took some of those coins and put them into this counter. It is very helpful to get an idea of how much was in the can. It counted each penny, nickel, dime and quarter perfectly. A thing I like is that it identifies what denomination each coin entered is, so that you can confirm it registered correctly. Then, it adds that amount to the total. FYI, I found that it holds a little over $15. For the price this was an excellent purchase. I recommend it.
on October 18, 2012
I actually bought this bank for my 5 year old son. I wanted him to have a coin counting bank to keep track of his chore money. His old, traditional style, bank had him constantly asking me, "how much money do I have now?" It was getting a bit tiresome to keep opening up the bank and recounting. I decided to check out the reviews on electronic counting banks on Amazon. First, I found loads of comments on the "digi" piggy banks, and toy atm style banks for kids. All of these banks looked really fun and cute, but they were also pricey and came with plenty of criticism. After expanding my search to all departments on Amazon, I came across the "Totes Men's Auto Coin Jar". First thing I noticed was the fairly positive reviews, and then the bargain price tag. The appearance of the bank is fairly simple; it's a cup, tapered at the bottom to fit a car cup holder, wider at the top where the calculating lid twists on. I like the buttons that allow you to subtract coins as you spend them, or in my case when my son pushes the coin in the wrong way. (There is a right and wrong way to insert the coins. You need to push them in quickly and firmly or the bank may read them incorrectly) Also we purchased the red jar to match some of the red accents in my son's room. (The red has a slightly metallic sheen, cool!) Having used this bank for a few weeks now I can say that I am very glad I chose this over the other kid styled ones. My son loves that he can see very clearly into the jar all the quarters stacking up, and every night when we pull the bank down off his dresser to deposit his daily earnings, he loves watching the total change on the display (which is also very easy to read, the numbers are not backlit, but they are a bit bigger and bolder than your average digital watch display) Also, because it is does not look like a toy, my boy doesn't try to pull it down and play with it and mess up the count. He understands that this is his bank, not a toy cash register. Finally, because I only paid 5$ for this bank, I know I won't feel too upset if this bank doesn't last very long. But again, considering my son doesn't play with it, I don't see any reason why this shouldn't last him for a while. Heck, with any luck, maybe he'll still be using it when he does own his first car :) And that would be money well spent!
on February 2, 2012
I got this for my husband to keep in his car because he ALWAYS has change. But we all love it, so we keep it in the house to see how much money we're saving. LOVE it! Just be careful if you have kids put money in because if they jiggle the coin, it will miscount it.
on April 23, 2012
I bought this as a stocking-stuffer type gift for my husband, and it is something he actually enjoys and uses. I was unsure at the time if he would use it, but was happily suprised that he does. It keeps count of the coins and is not silly or gimmickish looking. It does fit nicely in the vehicle's cupholder, but he has opted to keep it on his desk in his office. It doesn't take up much space and fits in nicely with the furniture and accessories in there. I was glad I bought this and would recommend it.
on July 30, 2012
I recently bought this coin counter for my car, I had change everywhere. It does a great job and has the additional functionality of decreasing the total by the amounts you use. My family liked it so much, I had to go buy two more and I have one on my desk at work too. It's a great product and I have recommended it to people at work and home.
on December 27, 2012
got this as gag gift for my husband for Christmas because he collects change from his pockets. he loves it though. it really works. no matter what kind of change you put in or how fast you put it in, it counts it.
on November 13, 2012
I recieved the pacakage in time but was not able to open it right away for use. When i tried it now. It wont work. I followed all instructions. Added new battery but the unit just wont start. Amazon website now tells me that i have passed the return window. It is such a piece of crap. the buttons on the coin counter dont work. I have replaced several battries but it just wont start.

I want a replacement for my wasted money!
on December 3, 2012
Essentially, this is just a plastic cup. Think like a sippy cup type. Still I thought it was a cute idea for my dad who tends to leave pennies on the my table. Being a clear plastic container, the item arrived with no bubble wrap or even a pieace of newspaper in the box to absorb the bumps and protect it from damage. Where were no batteries included to check if the item actually worked. And upon closer inspection, it looked rather dirty and dusty. When I washed it, the plastic had clear imprint of the cup holder that couldn't be washed off even with the cleaning solution! Clearly, it was the USED item, not brand new and you wouldn't know that unless opening the box. Even with the full refund, I still had to pay over $10 to return it, which amounts to the loss of $6, wasted shopping time and having no gift to give. Very dissapointed.