on November 28, 2011
I just received this item and upon initial use (about 3 mins) it stopped working. Reason? fuse blown

Before anyone tries to come up with a smart response let me tell you that MOST vehicle fuses for a cigarette lighter are 20 Amp.

So, BEFORE you buy this look up if you have the correct fuse amp rating for this particular item unless you want a fuse blown on top of a blown tire becoming a problem while stranded on a highway or worse.

I have 2 cars, I tried plugging it in the next working lighter and it ran but I just left it on long enough to make sure the device was not dead and that indeed the amperage was the problem.

* will try installing a 25 Amp fuse and if that blows a 30. If still no good I will have to troubleshoot further *

*** UPDATE (now 3 stars from 1)***

Purchased several extra fuses, replaced 20 Amps fuse (Blown again) Upgraded to 25 AMP fuse (works).

Very good pump but seriously think about upgrading to at least a 25 amp fuse for your vehicles cigarette lighter position (inflated the tire really really fast)
44 comments|11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2011
I wanted to use this air compressor to inflate my spare tire from 35PSI to 60PSI. I carefully read the included manual (which looks like a poor translation from Chinese), and nothing warned me not to do this. The only warning against extended use was that "When running at more than 75 PSI, do not operate for more than 7 minutes."

I started the compressor and it began to inflate the tire extraordinarily slowly. The built-in pressure gauge seemed to be inaccurate, but I placed my own dial-style pressure gauge inline with the compressor. After about 5 minutes of operation, smoke began billowing from the compressor's motor. If the motor gets so hot on this air compressor, then why doesn't it have a thermal fuse?

Smoke=BAD. When an electrical appliance is smoking, insulation can be burning off. Burned off insulation = short circuit = big fire. From other reviews, I see that other reviewers had the smoking problem, but they kept using the compressor anyway. No! Why would you want a burning object just inches away from your car tire?
on December 24, 2011
Some of the reviews say that they blew a fuse trying to use this item. I'm like what? How much PSI are they gunning for? I own a 10+ year old Honda Accord, and this air compressor worked like a dream. All four tires were a few lbs low on air, and it took me just a few minutes to pump them back up. The small size of this pump is great to keep in the back seat or trunk - beats paying a dollar every time you use the air machine at the gas station. Plus, keeping this item handy won't give you an excuse to keep from filling up your tires - save on gas and stay safe by keeping your tires properly inflated I say - and this item works great and is really convenient. I recommend highly.
on December 22, 2011
I used this to inflate 2 tires. The gauge works well, the unit is loud, but does work fine.

On the 2nd tire, I noticed a lot of smoke coming out of the compressor, so I shut it down. I inflated one car tire to 44psi, the 2nd to 30. This was enough to get me to a gas station to fill up the 2nd tire up to 44psi.

For the price, I don't see how this isn't something you would want to keep in your car somewhere, in case it's needed. I also just used a bypass cig-plug that attaches to my battery directly, so that might mean it does not have an internal fuse of any type.
on July 12, 2011
Recently found this at my local TJ Maxx store for $15. It's noisy but it gets the job done. It took about 7 minutes to put 13 lbs of air in my passenger front tire. Filled the other 3 tires which only needed about 2-3 lbs of air each and it took about 2 minutes for each tire. Great to keep in the trunk of your car and stop paying $1 each time at the gas station.
on March 11, 2011
great item! great price! very versatile. only con in my mind is wrapping the cords back up, but i guess that's to be expected. would love to buy one of these for every person I know!
on December 18, 2011
Right out of the box I used it on one of my tires and found that the pressure gauge was about 40psi to high. I do not know if it is a problem with just the one I have but everything else about the compressor worked well. I also like the compact size and the wires roll up nicely and don't become a problem if you keep it in the box. I will exchange this one to see if it is a manufacturing issue.
on February 11, 2012
This thing works great! So Far! I have used this on my 08 Suburban twice already, because I have a slow leek in one of my tires, and it has worked great both times. It took about 5-10 minutes to get it up to the pressure I needed but it sure is better than going to the gas station machine theres is broken. One note though make sure you leave your car running when you are using it, because it will drain the battery quick.
on October 21, 2011
I haven't used this thing for my car tires yet but it is perfect for pumping up my bike tires! The built in pressure gauge is incredibly convenient. Great bargain!
on December 21, 2011
It's a great product at an amazing price. No more worrying about having to find a place to inflate your tires. It's small and compact that performs in a BIG way.