Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation Learn more

Size: One Size|Color: Magenta|Change

on February 19, 2010
The umbrella is very attractive,relatively heavy for its small size. It was extremely difficult to open, and after a neighbor had difficulty also, I decided to return it.
on April 24, 2012
Well, I'm disappointed with this umbrella. I don't use it that often; I'm generally on the bus and it doesn't rain so hard here (in Seattle) that I need it very often. So it's seen light use over about two years.

How's it holding up? Well, there's rust all over. I don't make a habit of putting it away when it's wet; it gets time to dry. It's completely silly to me that rust is an issue on a product designed to get wet.

On top of the rust, it's separated on one of the points so it looks a little shabby and doesn't fold as neatly. Others are weakening.

I'm not a guy who abuses stuff; I drive a 1988 Accord with 250k miles, for example; I treat it nice, and it lasts. This umbrella wasn't abused. It was out in Seattle's famously mild weather with light wind and light rain and it just hasn't held up.

I love the size. It fits right into my little bag when it's folded; very compact. When it's open, it's plenty of cover for one person, but a bit too small to share.

I wish I knew another umbrella to recommend instead; if someone has a recommendation for one this size that won't rust and is a little more durable, I'd happily pay twice what I paid for this.
on February 1, 2010
I bought this for my daughter. It did not lock in the open position on the first try and was very flimsy, I was dissapointed that other reviewers recommended this item. Amazon made returning it very easy.
on December 19, 2010
I decided to spend a little bit extra on an umbrella because I'm tired of them breaking on me. I liked that this one had a lifetime warranty.

During my first use the tiny stitching at the end of one of the arms broke. I live in LA, so we're not talking about a gale or anything like that.

I could have it repaired under warranty, but then I'd have to pay to ship it to Totes and they require $5 to send it back, and on top of that I'd be without the umbrella during a length of time equal to the whole LA rainy season. Given what the umbrella costs originally, thats just not helpful.

Long story short, I fixed it myself and will continue to use it, but its not much better than an umbrella of half the price and the warranty is a non-warranty in that its such a burden to use it, its worse than buying a new one.
on June 11, 2013
I wanted a very, very small umbrella to carry back and forth to work with me in my small tote bag. This Totes Micro Manual fit the bill as far as size, but I found it to be very difficult to open. Maybe it's because it is fairly new and hasn't really been broken in yet. I've only used it three times since I got it 3 months ago, but most other umbrellas I have owned in the past were not this hard to open. I really have to push and sometimes I have to pull on the spokes to make them loosen up before it opens. I don't know if they're all like this, but I hope it gets easier. Other than that, it does the job once it's opened.
on November 12, 2015
Umbrella was missing one of the outer hinge rivets when it arrived (QC sticker says "F3"). I fixed it with a wire, as returning it would be a greater hassle. Though it is micro-size (6.25" when folded), it is heavier than most mini-size umbrellas. It feels quite flimsy. Opening it is not bad, but closing it is quite a pain, much more difficult than any other umbrella I've owned. When open, there are lots of crease lines on the canopy, so it doesn't seem suitable for gifting.
on December 7, 2010
Yes, this is a manual umbrella. It takes a little work to get it open and then closed, and even once you get it closed I can never get it where all the bits of fabric are perfectly tucked inside... but hey, for as small as it is (can fit in my purse) when it is folded up, I will take it! Plus the purple color is great. If you don't mind taking a moment longer to open or close your umbrella, and are looking for a TINY one (once folded), go for it!
on November 6, 2012
this umbrella is good and bad. it's so tiny; it's perfect for throwing in your bag before you go to class or a briefcase/purse for work. however, it's not ideal for windy conditions. Bought this umbrella a week or two before hurricane sandy hit (probably would have gotten a better umbrella if I knew it was coming) and I couldn't even use it because it instantly was about to break (wind wasn't even that bad in upstate NY) Also it is not very big when opened. One person max

Pros:
extremely small when closed

Cons:
Weak structure, not ideal for windy conditions
kind of expensive

Gave it a four because of how small and convenient it is
on August 11, 2013
I wanted something that would fit inside my purse without taking up too much space. This is a beautifully patterned, compact umbrella, but it feels a little rickety -- so far it has held up in regular rain showers, but I'm a little wary of how it will hold up in thunderstorms. I could be wrong but the ribs of the umbrella feel a little flimsy, so I suspect that this will blow inside-out in a strong gust of wind.
on October 16, 2013
Cheaply made in China. It is sheek looking, but the handle broke on the first try. I can also tell by the way it's made, this umbrella cannot handle at gust of wind over 15mph. It's just good to keep the sun off your face.