5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the price
Published on January 16, 2012 by Paul323

2.0 out of 5 stars Edit: Not holding up...
Published on June 27, 2012 by D

2.0 out of 5 stars Edit: Not holding up..., June 27, 2012
D (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Totes Umbrella - Black (Apparel)
I have to preface this review saying that I have only used this umbrella a handful of times. That being said it has worked as promised each time the sky has opened up. After being caught in the rain after work one day I decided I needed a backup for days when I forget my rain jacket at home. This umbrella is very compact and tucks away in the bottom of my backpack for use when I need it without taking up unnecessary room.

Update 08/14/12: After not even 2 months of use a hole has opened up at the top of the umbrella where everything seams together. This is very disappointing as now it is useless to me since water can go right through the hole.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the price, January 16, 2012
This review is from: Totes Umbrella - Black (Apparel)
If you're tired of those expensive auto-open, auto-close umbrellas that last 3 or 4 times or until the first really windy day occurs, then this is what you should be buying instead. So this umbrella doesn't fully auto-close by itself. It costs a fraction of those fancy fully automatic umbrellas, easily fits into a briefcase or coat pocket, plus it holds up quite well over time. So for the price of one of those fully automatic umbrellas, that don't hold up very long or don't even work when they first arrive, you can get two or three of these instead. An excellent balance between quality and cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars totes umbrella, January 11, 2013
This review is from: Totes Umbrella - Black (Apparel)
I bought it for my son for college where there is a lot of heavy rain. He has not complained yet and he usually complains about everything

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy. Automatic. Buy it., September 21, 2013
This review is from: Totes Umbrella - Black (Apparel)
I would have given this 5 stars, but Amazon says that means "I love it." And that just seems like a strong emotion for an umbrella, don't you think? It's a very compact, well-built, auto open/close umbrella. And the black will go with all of your outfits. Don't spend too much of your life researching umbrellas...it's not worth the time. Here's one you'll like. Buy it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as described, February 20, 2013
mark hepburn (houma, la United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Totes Umbrella - Black (Apparel)
This umbrella is smaller than e description, which says it opens to 42" - 48". It only expands to 38". That's the difference between a 1 person or 2 person umbrella.. I wanted something bigger.. But the quality is good, hence the three stars

3.0 out of 5 stars It is not very well made, March 28, 2013
This review is from: Totes Umbrella - Black (Apparel)
They claim there is a lifetime warranty on this umbrella and there SHOULD be because it always fails. Th sad thing about their warranty is you not only have to pay shipping (which will run you about $13.00 at the very cheapest), BUT you also have to pay them $5.00. WTH?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great umbrella, March 21, 2012
This review is from: Totes Umbrella - Black (Apparel)
I usually go through the small 5 dollar umbrellas that you get at walmart or dollar general. I decided to up the price and get one that won't break after a month. This one rocks. The auto mech is very nice. I feel like darth vader ever time it rains. Totes makes good umbrellas, money well spent. Would have gone through several cheaper ones and this thing still works perfectly.
Good size for 1 or 2 small people

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, But Not Like My Older One, July 3, 2012
This review is from: Totes Umbrella - Black (Apparel)
I finally had to replace my old ratty 15 year old totes umbrella. This new one is about six months old and already bent from the wind. I was just surprised because I didn't think of this as a short lived item. I can still use it but it's left me wanting to look for something else. I still really like the compactness of this and it opens and closes very easily, even bent. It's still a good umbrella but it doesn't seem like it's going to last as long as the original one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly what I expected, April 17, 2013
This review is from: Totes Umbrella - Black (Apparel)
I like the size. It open quickly. But the closing process is a little strange. The first step is good but to get it to snap in place is kind of difficult.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totes Umbrella, August 24, 2013
Amazon Fan (Madison, CT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Totes Umbrella - Black (Apparel)
Bought this to replace one that I had for 12 years and unintentionally left in my 15-year-old car when I traded it in. Love the fact that it opens and closes with the push of a button. Be careful when closing it though. It closes very fast, and if you hold it too close to you, you'll get splattered with the rain that has accumulated on the fabric!

Totes Umbrella - Black