5.0 out of 5 stars size ok for you?
Great umbrella, very high quality & feels very sturdy. The size is GIANT so make sure you're ok with the dimensions...can be a pain on crowded streets but is perfect to fit 2 people under!
Published on October 21, 2008 by AEL

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, but needs DIY modification
Published on January 31, 2008 by D. Kan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, but needs DIY modification, January 31, 2008
This review is from: Totes Vented Canopy Auto-Open Golf Stick Umbrella (Apparel)
bought this with a gift certificate, free shipping. Live in California with winter rainy season needed an umbrella that wouldn't turn inside out for walking the dog. Tried it in 10 mph wind, worked great, 2nd time use in 10 mph wind 3 strings attaching the top canopy ripped off making the umbrella have a big flapping hole at the top. I was angry! I used a plastic coated twisty tie and removed the plastic coating with a 1 inch exposed wire to secure the top canopy (wire pokes through the material and then thread through the hole of the wire spine and wrap around 4-5 times and cut off excess and repeat on others. I decided to also replace all the threads of the top canopy since they would eventually break anyways. Was it a pain, kind of, but not it works like a charm. Most people don't want to go through this, so if you are not into doing this upgrade get a 1 piece non vented golf umbrella would be more stable. Buyer beware.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Results, July 14, 2008
Jill A. Kurtz (Fairfax, VA USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my Dad for Christmas. He walks in all kinds of weather for exercise, so I purposely got him an umbrella that I thought would hold up.

The bad news is that less than 4 months later, it was broken. The good news is that after I managed to find a box large enough to mail it back to Totes, the company quickly and plesantly replaced it at no cost.

So far, umbrella number 2 is holding up well.

5.0 out of 5 stars size ok for you?, October 21, 2008
AEL (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality But Too Big!, March 2, 2011
I am a 6' 1" guy so I was looking for a nice big, high quality umbrella for the winter months. I compared a few different brands and styles and decided on this one because of the price, ratings, and style.

The quality on this seems excellent with a very sturdy spine and a nice rubber grip. I (luckily) haven't needed to test out it's double canopy design against strong winds yet, but I can see it withstanding a lot without an issue. However, my main issue is this thing is HUGE! When you buy this, make certain that you understand the size. It is too big for 1 person to use (even a big guy like me) without looking a little ridiculous walking down on the street. It's like you are carrying around a picnic table umbrella. I wish they made this exact umbrella that's 30% smaller. However, it's a great size for a small family.

In summary: Great build quality and well designed, but careful you understand the enormous size of it.

3.0 out of 5 stars very strong but maybe too big, September 8, 2008
After going through a few of the folding umbrellas, I finally decided to buy a big strong sturdy umbrella. So I got this one. It is super strong and the vents work great, so the ubmrella never flips over or anything like that. And it gives you great coverage. The problem for me is that if I rest the top of the umbrella on my head/shoulder (out of habit, also it's a little on the heavy side), my hand does'nt actually reach the handle comfortably. I'm 5'6" so I'm sure if you're taller or if you like holding the umbrella little high, this won't be a problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Umbrella esp if you live in a windy city, November 10, 2010
This item is an awesome umbrella and a good value. I live in Brooklyn and it is very windy here when it rains. The fact that the product does not turn inside out in contrast to its cheaper less durable cousins is a necessity. Plus it keeps me dry. The lifetime warranty is the icing on the cake. DEF recommend this item.

1.0 out of 5 stars Breaks easily in light wind, January 28, 2012
This umbrella is not worth your money. While it is big enough to attract attention and embarrass you when you get to work, it is not big enough to prevent wet socks on the way their. The biggest problem - the top tier of the umbrella breaks in light wind. After the fourth use the top ripped and now I had to staple the flopping top level to the bottom so I can get to work while I wait for a new umbrella.

NO GOOD

3.0 out of 5 stars Too big for me, February 1, 2012
Although this is a good umbrella, it was too big for me. I think men might find this umbrella more convenient. Ladies it is too big and heavy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bit too big but i like it, May 8, 2011
It is really big, easily fits 2 adults. very durable in windy weather. its kinda heavy and requires a strong grip, because its so big when its windy it can easily fly out your hand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, but returning, August 3, 2010
This is a great umbrella, however it is very, very large. It's much too big to walk around a city carrying, it is truly a golf umbrella and can only be used for that. I will be getting something smaller.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›