Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on January 31, 2008
bought this with a gift certificate, free shipping. Live in California with winter rainy season needed an umbrella that wouldn't turn inside out for walking the dog. Tried it in 10 mph wind, worked great, 2nd time use in 10 mph wind 3 strings attaching the top canopy ripped off making the umbrella have a big flapping hole at the top. I was angry! I used a plastic coated twisty tie and removed the plastic coating with a 1 inch exposed wire to secure the top canopy (wire pokes through the material and then thread through the hole of the wire spine and wrap around 4-5 times and cut off excess and repeat on others. I decided to also replace all the threads of the top canopy since they would eventually break anyways. Was it a pain, kind of, but not it works like a charm. Most people don't want to go through this, so if you are not into doing this upgrade get a 1 piece non vented golf umbrella would be more stable. Buyer beware.
on July 14, 2008
I bought this for my Dad for Christmas. He walks in all kinds of weather for exercise, so I purposely got him an umbrella that I thought would hold up.

The bad news is that less than 4 months later, it was broken. The good news is that after I managed to find a box large enough to mail it back to Totes, the company quickly and plesantly replaced it at no cost.

So far, umbrella number 2 is holding up well.
on October 21, 2008
Great umbrella, very high quality & feels very sturdy. The size is GIANT so make sure you're ok with the dimensions...can be a pain on crowded streets but is perfect to fit 2 people under!
on March 2, 2011
I am a 6' 1" guy so I was looking for a nice big, high quality umbrella for the winter months. I compared a few different brands and styles and decided on this one because of the price, ratings, and style.

The quality on this seems excellent with a very sturdy spine and a nice rubber grip. I (luckily) haven't needed to test out it's double canopy design against strong winds yet, but I can see it withstanding a lot without an issue. However, my main issue is this thing is HUGE! When you buy this, make certain that you understand the size. It is too big for 1 person to use (even a big guy like me) without looking a little ridiculous walking down on the street. It's like you are carrying around a picnic table umbrella. I wish they made this exact umbrella that's 30% smaller. However, it's a great size for a small family.

In summary: Great build quality and well designed, but careful you understand the enormous size of it.
on September 8, 2008
After going through a few of the folding umbrellas, I finally decided to buy a big strong sturdy umbrella. So I got this one. It is super strong and the vents work great, so the ubmrella never flips over or anything like that. And it gives you great coverage. The problem for me is that if I rest the top of the umbrella on my head/shoulder (out of habit, also it's a little on the heavy side), my hand does'nt actually reach the handle comfortably. I'm 5'6" so I'm sure if you're taller or if you like holding the umbrella little high, this won't be a problem.
on January 28, 2012
This umbrella is not worth your money. While it is big enough to attract attention and embarrass you when you get to work, it is not big enough to prevent wet socks on the way their. The biggest problem - the top tier of the umbrella breaks in light wind. After the fourth use the top ripped and now I had to staple the flopping top level to the bottom so I can get to work while I wait for a new umbrella.

NO GOOD
on November 10, 2010
This item is an awesome umbrella and a good value. I live in Brooklyn and it is very windy here when it rains. The fact that the product does not turn inside out in contrast to its cheaper less durable cousins is a necessity. Plus it keeps me dry. The lifetime warranty is the icing on the cake. DEF recommend this item.
on January 15, 2012
So far so good, but haven't been able to get this in a bad storm, yet.

When I do, I'll update my review. All indications are pointing to this being very well constructed yet light weight for the size, and that gives me high hopes. It won't be my everyday "in case it rains" umbrella because it won't fit in my bag, but rather only used when I know it will rain.

Wish me luck!
on September 22, 2014
Great umbrella. Very large. Seems indestructible in midwest wind storms. I have a few lesser umbrellas in the past that the wind just destroyed after only a few if not just one gust. This one holds up extremely well. I have been caught in some strong winds with this and it held up very well. Construction seems very solid and its very large size means that you will be kept almost completely dry. Large enough to cover two people comfortably.
on February 1, 2012
Although this is a good umbrella, it was too big for me. I think men might find this umbrella more convenient. Ladies it is too big and heavy.