Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on October 10, 2002
I haven't heard music that I really enjoy listening to and thats sets my feet to dancing like Roger Drawdy and the Firestarters in a long time. I saw them at the Celtic Festival in Cincinnati a few weeks ago. I had visited the various other music groups and was on my way out when I heard their music and saw a lot of people around the tent. They were all tapping their feet and really into this group. No other performance I saw set the crowd afire like this group. One review said the Cd is not like being there and that is true of any music performance. But if you like rock or Celtic you'll love this CD. I liked it all. I am in process of buying other cds by this group.
on March 17, 2002
Ive heard these guys in person at Jack Quinns, it was alot of fun espacially after a ballgame. This album is a great composition of some of their best songs. You should give these guys a listen if you are in Cincin.
on February 21, 2006
If you hear this CD you will likely fall in love with this band and their sound. Their original songs (which I personally favor as their best) are nostalgic and touching... their covers are powerfull and energizing. You would have to be deaf to not enjoy this CD (which apparently some people are... and thats OKAY). Not only do I recommend this album but check out their website and take a good look at the rest of their music. If you can- see them live- they are always a fabulous show! I have never been let down by this charming and poetic Irish band. Each album is full of heart, life, and passion.
VINE VOICEon September 24, 2006
Roger Drawdy is a true Irish patriot and when he sings "Foggy Dew" you better believe it. The album is worth having for that song alone. Contrary to what someone has said here; I find only one incongruous link in the 12 selections on this valued work.
on August 1, 2002
I am the percussionist with Roger Drawdy and The Firestarters and I am glad that our reviewer from Chicago enjoyed our live show enough to purchase a CD. We try to keep our live shows exciting and fun and that energy is difficult to capture on a studio disk. But to be fair even the best recording of a band is going to move you less than being there. I am sorry to hear he didn't enjoy our original material as much as the traditional songs but I thought I would quote a portion of a recent review in City Beat Magazine by Mike Breen. "Touched is an excellent showcase for the group's acoustic-based, groove-driven Celtic songs. Tight, fervent performance is key, but of special note is Drawdy's keen songwriting abilities, which capture the mystique of the genre beautifully." We always hope people will enjoy our music but if you don't just return the CD to me and I'll refund your money.
Sincerely,
Robert Pinkerton
Bodhran, Roger Drawdy and The Firestarters
on June 1, 2002
I heard these guys while visiting a friend in Cincinnati a few months ago. I thought their live performance held a great deal of energy with covers that ran the gammet from Luka Bloom to U2 to traditional songs passed down for generations. But I guess there's just some things you can't translate well onto CD. And in this case, the energy is one of those things.
On this CD, you'll find original pieces mixed in with pieces that have already been covered to death. Listen to those first. I constantly found myself skipping past the original songs to the ones I already knew. Why? Because they are the only songs on this CD that don't seem to reach too much for song progression. They have their own paces and words that fit perfectly while the others just seem to stretch too thin. They are the only songs that don't sound like all the others after awhile. 4 out of 12. That's 1/3. 1/3 of the CD is worth listening to.
All in all, these guys should stick with what they do best--live performances of another man's genius. They can leave their own genius at the door.
Standout song(s): Tunnel Vision & Long Way From Clare.
Bottom Line: Might as well save your money or buy a Britney Spears CD.