5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Gamble
Published on March 16, 2012 by A. Weida

3.0 out of 5 stars good
Well this one works , but it only gets three stars because the glass is separated from the frame it self.
Published 8 months ago by powerstroker

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Gamble, March 16, 2012
This review is from: White Touchscreen Digitizer and LCD Assembly for Apple iPhone 4 Verizon Model (Wireless Phone Accessory)
My GF dropped her phone and she didn't want to spend $150+ for the deductible on a replacement so I offered to find a screen and repair it myself. I was a little hesitant in ordering a replacement screen on amazon after reading the less than stellar reviews by most people, but now glad that we did. We received the screen and screwdrivers/tools in a few days because the seller was shipping from an amazon warehouse. It was packed well and we also received the tools included in the pictures (I wasn't actually sure if these would come or not). The tools are cheap, the pentalobe screwdriver works, but the small phillips was too large for the screws (you will also need a small flathead, that was not included, to finish the repair). I would suggest a better set of tools to order with this kit, I already owned a good set from previous laptop repairs.

The repair process is not for beginners! You essentially have to take apart the whole iPhone to replace the screen and the parts are very delicate and small. I imagine most of the poor reviews are from people who are inexperienced in repairing electronics. If you are not careful you can easily tear a ribbon cable and cause more damage to your phone.

The repair took me about 2 hours and when complete I could not tell the difference between my iPhone (with original apple screen) and this replacement. Time will tell if the screen holds up in quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife's iPhone looks and works like new!!!, June 8, 2013
First let me say that I made the hasty mistake of purchasing just the glass front (glass digitizer), only to find out that it is absolutely WORTHLESS!!! I left a terrible review after discovering that it is IMPOSSIBLE to successfully detach the old LCD screen from the old digitizer and still use the old LCD screen. The process requires the use of a heat gun to heat the assembly to several hundred degrees Fahrenheit, which of course ruins the LCD screen.

However, after finding all that out and being furious that I paid for overnight shipping to try and get the phone fixed before we left for vacation, I bought this Digitizer + LCD Assembly. After about two hours of tedious work, my wife's iPhone looks and works like new!

That being said, let me emphasize the difficulty of this procedure. I am an engineer and love doing this type of stuff, and it was still very tedious. I watched a YouTube video step-by-step in order to pull it off. You have to disassemble almost the entire iPhone to access the retaining screws for the screen. But if you like tinkering with electronics, don't mind voiding your iPhone's warranty, and want to save a ton of money, this is certainly doable.

Watch 'Verizon iPhone 4 Screen Repair Directions by DirectFix ' on YouTube.com for a great dis-assembly video, it's the one I used. A reassembly video pops up after the first one is over. Hope this helps and good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great screen, May 11, 2013
Bought numerous screens , I Break my phone a lot , and this is the best one so far. Good quality fits perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfectly, January 9, 2013
I was concerned at first with all the bad reviews. But i just finished installing the new screen and ive come to the conclusion that the bad reviews are simply from people who didnt know what they were doing or were impatient. Watched a youtube video from DirectFix and after 2 and a half hours, my iphone is good as new. Just remember to swap the mesh grill for the ear piece. The colors on the screen aren't as.. vibrant i should say. But you are the one who broke your previous screen and beggars cant be choosers. It's a 30$ replacement screen, obviously it isnt going to be as good as Apple but it does the job perfectly. It doesnt smudge or get fingerprints easily either. You have an expensive item, protect it, get a screen cover and case for it and you'll be fine. All in all. I'm super happy with it. Thrilled at the purchase, and the iphone is as good as new. Just take your time replacing it and label all the screws and parts with sticky notes. It's simple. I highly recommend it. Beats looking through a cracked screen.

1.0 out of 5 stars A little over a month old and the screen turned out to be faulty, February 24, 2014
I installed this on a iphone a little over a month again. Now for no reason the screen will invert on its own and have horizontal lines going though it.

3.0 out of 5 stars good, August 1, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars my new phone, November 6, 2013
I recieved this and it made my phone look like a new phone and now I am happy to carry it once again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fit, September 12, 2013
Geat product, love the fact that the tools are magnetic. makes it 10X easier to work with. I highly recomend it

4.0 out of 5 stars good for what it was, but missing a screwdriver, December 11, 2011
The screen was great, the tools that i recieved were great, but i found myself having to travel to radio shack to buy the appropriate 3.6 mm flathead screwdriver. my phone is great now though

1.0 out of 5 stars not the right one!!!, April 10, 2013
i ordered this tryed to install it but the tabs on the edges broke...so there goes my refund.....did not match the original screen buys beware better of buying the screen from icracked

ARRAY(0xa5d30c30)