Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 23, 2007 8:50:03 PM PST
John Ronald says:
I admire the employers quoted here who are open to allowing their employees to legally ccw who have gone through the licensing process in their state; however, nearly all of them are local, small businesses. Those of us working for large, multinational corporations have a much tougher, uphill fight for our rights in the workplace, our 2nd Amendment rights among them. I work for a large, faceless corporation with an office in Houston, TX but HQ'd in NYC, and have no illusions about their being open to change on their current no-gun policy. I car-carry only because my company doesn't own the parking lot and the rules don't apply there. Lucky for me I work during the day; but considering the crappy neighborhood we are located in, if I went back to working nights, I would seriously need to re-consider more firmly asserting my CHL rights under Texas law, and the 2nd Amendment. Our current security personnel don't inspire a lot of confidence in me, and they're not even armed, so what could they really do in a serious security incident? When corporate employer property rights go up against employee's gun rights, I wouldn't hold my breath. If an employer doesn't come around, this ought to be an issue for one's union, if one works in a union shop. I unfortunately don't. For now I'm content to car-carry, but I question if this is really all that tactically smart. I'm thankful that I'm at least able to car-carry. Many of my fellow Houstonians whose employers do control the entire parking facility where they work can't even do that without risk of being terminated. So I'm sort of lucky in that respect. But all it would take is getting mugged walking from the front door of my employer's to my car; assuming I survived, I would probably carry every day and everywhere, company policy be damned.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Nov 23, 2007
Latest post:  Nov 23, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Guns in the Workplace: A Manual for Private Sector Employers and Employees
Guns in the Workplace: A Manual for Private Sector Employers and Employees by Chuck Klein (Paperback - January 1, 2010)
3.7 out of 5 stars   (7)