5.0 out of 5 stars What fun! Spatulas that do just what they should
Published 21 months ago by K. Varraso

Pros:
1. The silicone blade is just the right stiffness. Firm, but still flexible. The silicone spatulas at Williams Sonoma are thicker and softer, but yes, more $$$$.
2. The colors are cool! I love them all but the green one. That is the one I gave to my mother-in-law and she was delighted. We both were both made happy from one purchase!
3. Great...
Published 20 months ago by Jewelry Lover

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for scraping or stirring - not great for mixing heavy batters, February 28, 2013
Pros:
3. Great Shape! Having a flat side and a curved side on the blade is quite useful when baking, scraping bowls, or just stirring a pot of soup.

Cons:
1. I TOTALLY agree with Dave that these should come in multiple sizes! Who needs four identical tools, even if they are all different colors! Give two to your mother in law during the holidays.... I'm stingy - I only gave her one.
2. WARNING - grey handles are not strong enough! I make lots of cookies and thick batters. I always use my spatulas to stir and mix....but I'm now down to two spatulas because the grey handle snapped when I tried to mix the chocolate chips into my oatmeal raisin cookie dough. For soups and liquids, these are fine. For stiff dough, NO WAY! They are about half as strong as the wooden handle on a Williams Sonoma silicone spatula.

5.0 out of 5 stars What fun! Spatulas that do just what they should, January 31, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's difficult to write a review about a rubber spatula, because really, they don't change the world or anything. However, I love these spatulas and would defend them fiercely if anyone wanted to swipe them from me. Whoever designed them was really thinking about how people cook and how exactly they would want to use a rubber spatula. The rounded side helps the spatula mix things and is especially good in a rounded bowl. The thinner, straight edge is perfect for cleaning out batter, etc. from a mixing bowl and the straight edge on the bottom gets those last little bits on the bottom of my measuring cup.

I used the spatulas to make candy, muffins and a stir fry before writing this review. They got every speck of corn syrup and molasses when making the candy, and that's not easy. Most rubber spatulas leave at least some globs of goo in a measuring cup when you try to get the bits and pieces. They worked equally well when scraping out blueberry muffin batter from a measuring bowl. They are not listed as okay to work on heated surfaces, are made of silicone, so I thought (correctly) that it was safe to use one to do a quick stir-fry and put the cooked veggies and meat onto tortillas. I wouldn't use one to stir boiling sugar when making candy, but for a quick, low heat stir, I think they'd be fine.

Lastly, the handle is a nice length and is comfortable in my hand. I don't know who designed these, but I'd like to thank them and perhaps give them a taste of caramel, blueberry muffins and chicken stir-fry! I feel rather weird for giving them five stars, because it's not like world peace or anything, but compared to other rubber spatulas, these are wonderful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Made well, work well, but read these comments on size, February 2, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are very good spatulas. Like some other reviewers, we have bought cheap ones that come apart in the dishwasher, or the first time they encounter sticky dough. These survived both those tests. The silicone is stiff enough to scrape a bowl or wok, but not too stiff. The handle feels good in your hand. We always buy the offset-style, rather than the ones that have the same curve on both sides, because the two different edges (straight on one side, curved on the other) are much more useful.

The only flaw of this set is the size: we can't use four spatulas all the same size. We are keeping the small spatula we bought last year for scraping the bottom of our blender, and we still use a larger-head spatula for wok cooking. It would have been much more useful to get at least one of those sizes in this set, if not both. Maybe one small, two medium, one large?

You will not be unhappy with this set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty great spatulas, February 21, 2013
Paka Paka (Georgia, United States) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What can you say about a *spatula*? But no really, these are very nice! One thing which is silly, I thought the colors were just that, to add color, but then a restauranteur told me that they use the same four colors in restaurants so that food doesn't get cross-contaminated: red for red meats, yellow for chicken, green for vegetables and blue for anything else that doesn't contain meats. I've always used the same spatula I've had for years until I got these, and that old spatula is melted in some areas and the top slips right off easily! I'm very happy with my new spatulas because they seem very tough and I can use them even in high-heat cooking. I love them!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheery, January 31, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This a very reasonably priced set of spatulas. They have some high end features and come in a happy rainbow of colors --which is really useful if you have more than one food project going on at a time, since you can color code the pie-spatula to keep it from getting mixed up with the soup-spatula.

I really liked the hole in the handle's end. This allows you to hang them from a hook.

I like the 'pebbled' texture of the handle: makes it no-slip.

I also liked that the working end is made out of a very heat resistant material. To give you an example, I was cooking yesterday when some gooey crumbs fell onto a burner while I was moving a pan. As it smoked the only thing easily at hand was the yellow spatula. I grabbed it and moved the crumbs off the burner. In this particular case it required placing the spatula onto the burner: it showed no signs of melting or changing character.

So these would appear to be very good spatulas. They are a bit stiff for my taste, and I don't know what they are made of, but they are vastly superior to most I've run across. The only ones that I think are better is Orka's All-Purpose Silicone Spoon Spatula, Blue. It's more flexible which is good for not scratching teflon and for adjusting to the interiors of jars and bowls. But as you can also see (assuming you click through) one spatula is priced the same as this 4-pc set.

Enjoy. Colorful and nice.

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy and do not last., April 2, 2014
This review is from: Tovolo 12 Inch Silicone Spatula Set- Set of 4 (Kitchen)
These spatulas are not as sturdy as our previous ones. I've waited a while since we purchased them hoping that they would grow on me, but they have not. The colored part is very prone to getting cut up. I do not use any sharp knives with these and somehow I'm still finding grooves in them. The tip of our red one broke off in my eggs yesterday morning. I'm very disappointed and wouldn't buy these again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good for much of anything, June 9, 2014
This review is from: Tovolo 12 Inch Silicone Spatula Set- Set of 4 (Kitchen)
Too flimsy to use as a scrapper but not really good enough even to use as a spoon. Kept one but donated the rest. Do not recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect size, March 21, 2014
This review is from: Tovolo 12 Inch Silicone Spatula Set- Set of 4 (Kitchen)
These are great quality, they are a great size for any job and the colors are fun. Great heat resistance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, March 14, 2014
This review is from: Tovolo 12 Inch Silicone Spatula Set- Set of 4 (Kitchen)
I ordered these 6 months ago and have enjoyed using them almost daily. They are well designed and help me with my daily cooking. They clean easily either by hand or in the dishwasher. And, they add color to my kitchen. Fast shipping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets every drop, January 8, 2014
This review is from: Tovolo 12 Inch Silicone Spatula Set- Set of 4 (Kitchen)
I love the shape of these spatulas, You can scrape the bottom of a bowl, or jar and get every drop out. The 90 degree corner gets you right into the edges of jars for a thorough cleanout. And the 12 in. handle is so convenient with my big mixing bowls.

It's been awhile since I first posted this review so I would like to elaborate a little more on these spatulas. I use these more than any other spatulas I have and the main reason is the clean up. Nothing sticks to them, it slides right off and makes clean up a breeze. The handles are long enough to fit into my 5 qt KitchenAid mixing bowl and the shapes make it so easy to scoop every last bit of batter out of the bowls. I have other spatulas that are name brand and they get a residue on them that won't wash off and I hate using them because it's like they are dirty all the time, these spatulas do not do that. They are well worth the money! I may buy more to put in Christmas stockings next year.