Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on February 28, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Pros:
1. The silicone blade is just the right stiffness. Firm, but still flexible. The silicone spatulas at Williams Sonoma are thicker and softer, but yes, more $$$$.
2. The colors are cool! I love them all but the green one. That is the one I gave to my mother-in-law and she was delighted. We both were both made happy from one purchase!
3. Great Shape! Having a flat side and a curved side on the blade is quite useful when baking, scraping bowls, or just stirring a pot of soup.

Cons:
1. I TOTALLY agree with Dave that these should come in multiple sizes! Who needs four identical tools, even if they are all different colors! Give two to your mother in law during the holidays.... I'm stingy - I only gave her one.
2. WARNING - grey handles are not strong enough! I make lots of cookies and thick batters. I always use my spatulas to stir and mix....but I'm now down to two spatulas because the grey handle snapped when I tried to mix the chocolate chips into my oatmeal raisin cookie dough. For soups and liquids, these are fine. For stiff dough, NO WAY! They are about half as strong as the wooden handle on a Williams Sonoma silicone spatula.
11 comment46 of 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 31, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It's difficult to write a review about a rubber spatula, because really, they don't change the world or anything. However, I love these spatulas and would defend them fiercely if anyone wanted to swipe them from me. Whoever designed them was really thinking about how people cook and how exactly they would want to use a rubber spatula. The rounded side helps the spatula mix things and is especially good in a rounded bowl. The thinner, straight edge is perfect for cleaning out batter, etc. from a mixing bowl and the straight edge on the bottom gets those last little bits on the bottom of my measuring cup.

I used the spatulas to make candy, muffins and a stir fry before writing this review. They got every speck of corn syrup and molasses when making the candy, and that's not easy. Most rubber spatulas leave at least some globs of goo in a measuring cup when you try to get the bits and pieces. They worked equally well when scraping out blueberry muffin batter from a measuring bowl. They are not listed as okay to work on heated surfaces, are made of silicone, so I thought (correctly) that it was safe to use one to do a quick stir-fry and put the cooked veggies and meat onto tortillas. I wouldn't use one to stir boiling sugar when making candy, but for a quick, low heat stir, I think they'd be fine.

Lastly, the handle is a nice length and is comfortable in my hand. I don't know who designed these, but I'd like to thank them and perhaps give them a taste of caramel, blueberry muffins and chicken stir-fry! I feel rather weird for giving them five stars, because it's not like world peace or anything, but compared to other rubber spatulas, these are wonderful.
11 comment24 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These are very good spatulas. Like some other reviewers, we have bought cheap ones that come apart in the dishwasher, or the first time they encounter sticky dough. These survived both those tests. The silicone is stiff enough to scrape a bowl or wok, but not too stiff. The handle feels good in your hand. We always buy the offset-style, rather than the ones that have the same curve on both sides, because the two different edges (straight on one side, curved on the other) are much more useful.

The only flaw of this set is the size: we can't use four spatulas all the same size. We are keeping the small spatula we bought last year for scraping the bottom of our blender, and we still use a larger-head spatula for wok cooking. It would have been much more useful to get at least one of those sizes in this set, if not both. Maybe one small, two medium, one large?

You will not be unhappy with this set.
on February 21, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
What can you say about a *spatula*? But no really, these are very nice! One thing which is silly, I thought the colors were just that, to add color, but then a restauranteur told me that they use the same four colors in restaurants so that food doesn't get cross-contaminated: red for red meats, yellow for chicken, green for vegetables and blue for anything else that doesn't contain meats. I've always used the same spatula I've had for years until I got these, and that old spatula is melted in some areas and the top slips right off easily! I'm very happy with my new spatulas because they seem very tough and I can use them even in high-heat cooking. I love them!
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This a very reasonably priced set of spatulas. They have some high end features and come in a happy rainbow of colors --which is really useful if you have more than one food project going on at a time, since you can color code the pie-spatula to keep it from getting mixed up with the soup-spatula.

I really liked the hole in the handle's end. This allows you to hang them from a hook.

I like the 'pebbled' texture of the handle: makes it no-slip.

I also liked that the working end is made out of a very heat resistant material. To give you an example, I was cooking yesterday when some gooey crumbs fell onto a burner while I was moving a pan. As it smoked the only thing easily at hand was the yellow spatula. I grabbed it and moved the crumbs off the burner. In this particular case it required placing the spatula onto the burner: it showed no signs of melting or changing character.

So these would appear to be very good spatulas. They are a bit stiff for my taste, and I don't know what they are made of, but they are vastly superior to most I've run across. The only ones that I think are better is Orka's All-Purpose Silicone Spoon Spatula, Blue. It's more flexible which is good for not scratching teflon and for adjusting to the interiors of jars and bowls. But as you can also see (assuming you click through) one spatula is priced the same as this 4-pc set.

Enjoy. Colorful and nice.
on April 2, 2014
These spatulas are not as sturdy as our previous ones. I've waited a while since we purchased them hoping that they would grow on me, but they have not. The colored part is very prone to getting cut up. I do not use any sharp knives with these and somehow I'm still finding grooves in them. The tip of our red one broke off in my eggs yesterday morning. I'm very disappointed and wouldn't buy these again.
VINE VOICEon February 3, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These "spatulas" (technically scrapers) are very sturdy yet flexible. As a person who prepares food at home every day, I have made use of these scrapers daily, and they seem resilient enough to weather the test of time. Whether scraping batter or sauce or the remnants of a smoothie in my blender, these scrapers have taken some punishment for a couple of weeks and still look like brand new. I have had some scrapers that become nicked and pitted within a few days of use. These are superior quality.

They are also easy to clean. Unlike some scrapers I have owned, these are not easily prone to staining. It is dreadful to grab a scraper that still has the ghost of marinara haunting it. These clean up nicely and are ready for the next time you use them, shining in their brilliant colors.

This brings me to my last point. These are cheerful kitchen tools that you will not be ashamed to use in front of guests. Previously, I had hidden my rubber scrapers from sight as if they were toilet plungers; now I can use these confidently.

In conclusion, they are really just scrapers, but they definitely have a one-up on the competition.

EDIT: I wrote the above review in February 2013. It is now September 2014, and these spatulas have not melted, torn, or stained like other spatulas I have used in the past. There are cheaper spatulas that *look* like these, but this is the most quality set I have ever owned. They come out of my dishwasher looking like new every time.
on January 8, 2014
I love the shape of these spatulas, You can scrape the bottom of a bowl, or jar and get every drop out. The 90 degree corner gets you right into the edges of jars for a thorough cleanout. And the 12 in. handle is so convenient with my big mixing bowls.

It's been awhile since I first posted this review so I would like to elaborate a little more on these spatulas. I use these more than any other spatulas I have and the main reason is the clean up. Nothing sticks to them, it slides right off and makes clean up a breeze. The handles are long enough to fit into my 5 qt KitchenAid mixing bowl and the shapes make it so easy to scoop every last bit of batter out of the bowls. I have other spatulas that are name brand and they get a residue on them that won't wash off and I hate using them because it's like they are dirty all the time, these spatulas do not do that. They are well worth the money! I may buy more to put in Christmas stockings next year.
VINE VOICEon January 28, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These Tovolo Silicone Spatulas are awesome. I love them! They're incredibly sturdy and have four fun colors (green, yellow, red and blue.) The colors are very vibrant, which enhances my cooking experience for whatever reason I can not explain. Haha.

I cook every day and have been using these almost every time I've baked/cooked in the past two weeks. Miraculously, the heads have not pulled off or become loose. Yay. This is one problem I have frequently with spatulas. Another great thing about these spatulas is the unique design. It is perfect for scraping out just about any shape of dish/pan/bowl.

Highly suggest purchasing these! So much better than my previous brand.
22 comments1 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These are durable and sturdy, which is good. The primary colors are nice. They are fine for the price. They are a bit stiff on the ends, and the handles feel bad in my hand. They handles are quite skinny, straight up and down with no contour, and somewhat rounded in diameter. It makes for a bad feel in my hand. I much prefer Wilton's contoured handles or Pampered Chef's comfortable handles. I also prefer that both of those brands have a softer scraper on the top. I would pay more for the above two brands, rather than purchases these.