Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Tovolo Stainless Steel Perforated Colander - Large” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 22% off the $22.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.99 shipping
Tovolo Stainless Steel Perforated Colander - Large
|Price:||$20.69 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$1.31 (6%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- High quality stainless steel won't rust or dent; dishwasher safe
- Fine holes and footed bottom design allows for fast and efficient drainage without food escaping or colander sitting on sink bottom
- Available in 3 sizes (with diameters 8, 9 and 10 inches) that nest together for compact storage
- Side handles make for easy handling
- Measures 10 x 10 x 5 inches
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
The strainer works really well. It is great for rice, Israeli couscous and angel hair and aborio pasta.
There are a couple issues I have:
1) The inside is smooth and easy to clean. The outside feels like a microplane and it's just shredding my sponges.
2) The base right should also have slots of holes, because otherwise the bottom fills in with water...or...if you put the colander over the drain, the ring blocks the water outside the ring from going down the drain and then the sink fills up. Probably not a big deal for people with nice new stainless steel sinks, but I've got an old stained ceramic sink. It's also the sink we use for rinsing the floor mop and paint brushes...I don't like food coming in contact with the sink, and that includes strained food soaking in sitting water in the sink.
1) Yes, it drains exceptionally well, as others have described. In that way, it is far superior to any other colander I've had. Hence the two stars.
1) Yes, the bottom stand traps water, which is annoying but not really a big deal. I put it halfway over the center drain in my sink, and that works well unless it slides to the middle when I pour pasta, etc., into it.
2) I'm not sure why others have described it as "sturdy." It's lighter than any other colander I've had -- though I don't suppose you want a colander to be heavy -- and the handles (and stand) are just pressed into the perforated metal of the bowl, not riveted or anything. They seem flimsy to me, and I expect they will snap off at some point, just hopefully not when I'm picking up a colander-full of hot pasta. As I recall, CI had trouble with the handles coming off in the dishwasher, so that's worth knowing (I always wash mine by hand).
3) The stand on mine was attached off-center, so the bowl part is always crooked -- also annoying, but again, not a big deal. But for the price, you would think they could get it straight.
4) Most irritatingly, mine has a double ring of light rust stains, about two inches wide, on the outside. It CAME that way.Read more ›
The basket is sturdy enough for even heavy things like potatoes but has small enough holes that angel hair pasta does not shimmy through.
It is a beautiful piece!
I am happy with the over all size, good for one person, and the size of the holes.
*California Proposition 65*
Attention California Residents:
California's Proposition 65 entitles California consumers to special warnings for products that contain chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm if those products expose consumers to such chemicals above certain threshold levels. We care about our customers' safety and hope that the information below helps with your buying decisions.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I prefer a more solid metal with fewer holes so it's more durable, but this hasn't dented that much in two years. We do baby it but it hasn't rusted.Published 1 month ago by Nate Werber
Love this stainless Steel Colander! It is perfect for washing fruit
and can also be used to steam veggies!
Really like this little strainer. Very sturdy and well made. Very happy with itPublished 2 months ago by catfvr
Great colander. I like that it is sturdy and long lasting. It feels like the quality is good and strong. I would recommend it and would purchase it again.Published 2 months ago by Maria T.
The colander looks great and drains super-fast because of all the perforations. It's easy to clean by hand and run through the dishwasher. Read morePublished 3 months ago by T. Anschutz
HEY, the tiny holes in this make it easier to clean. I would say it's a little on the homely utilitarian side ... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Emily Sandstrom