Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Ty Dolla Sign egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

on May 13, 2012
Looking for a good window cleaning towel for home and car windows. These work pretty well in picking up the dirt and not leaving any lint that I can tell. A little stiff still after several washings so I'm still waiting to see if if they can soften up anymore. Might try some fabric softener but wonder if it would leave residue on the glass. Spray the window cleaner on the towel, wipe with a slow and somewhat firm pressure, and turn the towel often to polish up seems to get the cleaning job done.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2011
These towels are much closer to the actual surgical towel that are used in a hospital. They are stiff and will take several washings to get to be soft and pliable ... the good news is that these dish towels do a great job at cleaning up and drying without a bunch of lint that is typical of the terry (white) towels that you can get. These towels go a long way to freeing your self from having to use paper towels.
on April 13, 2013
Of course I was clued in to get these by reading the 4 Hour Chef. I think that Tim Ferriss refers to white, but these green ones fit my kitchen décor a little better. I will probably get blue sometime too. These are inexpensive fairly strong towels.They are not quite as absorbent as a really good terry cloth towel, but they are pretty good. And they really seem to be lint-free. Since they are relatively inexpensive, you can keep several around and not have to worry about ruining one. I have used mine as liners, as covers, as teeny little rugs, etc. I bought a second set just so I will have enough. They are better after they have been washed a couple of times.
on August 27, 2011
The towels were as expected. They are not incredibly absorbent and when they arrived they were a bit stiff. I would recommend that you wash them once or twice to soften them. I did, and they have worked perfectly as "work towels" in my garage -- after working outside, on the bike etc. I would recommend them. They are fair value for what you pay.
on December 10, 2012
I bought these towels because I saw them recommended in an article that I read and was actual in dire need of some kitchen towels (I had maybe 2 that were never meant to be kitchen towels in the first place) so I snatched up a set of these. I followed the instructions from some of the other reviewers and made sure that I washed them first to get them a little more pliable and it turned out to be pretty good advice. When the towels first come they're pretty stiff and even after just 1 wash they loosened up quite a bit, I'd imagine that after a couple more washes they'll be even better. As for their drying ability, it's pretty good but not as absorbent as I was expecting. Maybe I just had high expectations for their absorbency. That isn't to say that they're bad at all.

These towels are pretty large compared to other sets available on Amazon and that's a definite plus in my book. In addition, it's nice to have a pack of 12. I can have a couple dedicated to kitchen duty and use some others around the house and never worry about not having a clean towel if I need to clean something up or dry a dish.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2012
These are so hard to find-- and these are wonderful! Large, absorbent and withstand daily laundering. Replaces reaching for a paper towel all of the time ... wipe a mess, doughy hands, frostilng covered little ones' mouths, finger prints on the glass doors -- whatever. Just keep tossing in the washer and grab another one. They're a little stiff when you first get them, but 3-4 washings softens them nicely. DO NOT use fabric softener when you launder, and you'll NEVER get a streaky window, glass door, refrigerator door or smoothtop stove. Couldn't live without them!!!
on February 7, 2015
These towels are great and extremely versatile, we use them as pot holders, drying towels, hot pads and general cleaning. They work great for all the uses I have tried so far, I have some Damascus steel knives that must be cleaned and dried after each use and they make that very easy. I purchased these large towels after the success of the smaller towels I purchased from Doctor Joe.
on February 6, 2013
My husband read that these were great for drying dishes. Yes, they are good for that but beware as they are cotton, not wrinkle resistant. They come out of the dryer in a wad! I smooth them out and fold them right away and that seems to work. They also seem to soften up a bit with time. With twelve of them, I'm looking at having them around for a while.
on December 18, 2012
Not bad but could be better. I washed these the first day and when they came out of the dryer, one was already frayed. Not sure how long they are going to last and at a buck fifty each I wont worry too much.

8 months later and none of them have fallen apart. Overall, I would say they are a good buy.
on September 28, 2011
it has the proper care instructions on the tag. to me these are exactly what i was looking for and the price is great. i am very happy with this product so far and i am glad that i bought them at they feel good. they look very well made to me. i found a great product. i'm buying more.